Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Having put it to the back of my mind it's now dawned on me it's pretty much only 2 weeks until t-day.

Is it weird to absolutely love the build up to it all...?

Nothing quite like the 10 mins leading up to 9am on the day.

nothing quite like the feeling when a ticket is secured ... not sure I agree on the build up bit .... :) 

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

Have you been before? If so what's it like, I'm intrigued haha 

yeah, i went for the first time last year (only actually discovered it last year, this year is the 10th).

it was absolutely brilliant - they had guest speakers, film viewings, live music (Chrysta Bell was amazing), they had rooms all done up like the Black Lodge and the Roadhouse and we met Dana Ashbrook (who could not be a nicer chap) and Kimmy Robertson plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

basically - it was brilliant, just a load of people who love Twin Peaks enjoying everything Twin Peaks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

nothing quite like the feeling when a ticket is secured ... not sure I agree on the build up bit .... :) 

The jeopardy of the not knowing if you're going to get a ticket or not is definitely something to be embraced.

Nothing quite like the adrenaline rush created when the clock strikes 9! 

Clearly i'm the weird one here :lol:

Just now, JoeyT said:

The jeopardy of the not knowing if you're going to get a ticket or not is definitely something to be embraced.

I doubt it (but maybe on this matter )  .... my username gives a clue :) 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I think once you have failed once it actually gets worse, last year was the first time that Sunday that I didn't have a ticket secured.

Never felt as down and drained before, before that I almost had a feeling of well one of my group will get in

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I think once you have failed once it actually gets worse, last year was the first time that Sunday that I didn't have a ticket secured.

Never felt as down and drained before, before that I almost had a feeling of well one of my group will get in

Yeah I'm with you - I used to find it a real rush before I failed. Now I actually kind of hate it. 

7 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

yeah, i went for the first time last year (only actually discovered it last year, this year is the 10th).

it was absolutely brilliant - they had guest speakers, film viewings, live music (Chrysta Bell was amazing), they had rooms all done up like the Black Lodge and the Roadhouse and we met Dana Ashbrook (who could not be a nicer chap) and Kimmy Robertson plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

basically - it was brilliant, just a load of people who love Twin Peaks enjoying everything Twin Peaks.

Sounds great! Might have to go one day, I saw Snoqualmie Falls and the RR diner this summer which was unbelievable! 

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Oh yes. That feeling is immense. I find it's equally as wonderful getting through for somebody else as well, and breaking the news.

One of our pals didn't register in time for the main sale when we got all our tickets, so had to get hers in resale (successfully thankfully) while one of our group was running the marathon. Telling her we got the ticket and we'd all be together while she was running was amazing!

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive often been tempted to give it a while before letting people know .... think that might be too cruel though 

Somebody once let it sell out before telling me they'd secured me a ticket. Even after they managed it (in a second transaction, after getting their own), I was obliviously plugging away with the F5 game, saw it sell out and resigned myself to failure. Only when I thanked them for their efforts did they casually mention they'd actually got me a ticket about ten minutes earlier.

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

One of our pals didn't register in time for the main sale when we got all our tickets, so had to get hers in resale (successfully thankfully) while one of our group was running the marathon. Telling her we got the ticket and we'd all be together while she was running was amazing!

hope she ran a pb with that adrenaline rush :) 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Somebody once let it sell out before telling me they'd secured me a ticket. Even after they managed it (in a second transaction, after getting their own), I was obliviously plugging away with the F5 game, saw it sell out and resigned myself to failure. Only when I thanked them for their efforts did they casually mention they'd actually got me a ticket about ten minutes earlier.

On a scale of 1-10 how much resulting violence was there would you say?

Oct 2018 - "2109 is my last one for a while"

May 2019 - "2109 is my last one for a while, I have made peace with my decision"

July 2019 - "That was great, but I think I am not going next year"

Sept 2019 - "Oh go on then"

To be honest, money is definitely a factor. If I can get a volunteering job, I would like that. Still be there, see some good acts and be able to afford it. I have been smashing the overtime though. That will help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlParkin03 said:

Looks like i'm gonna be attempting to get coach tickets at school on the Wednesday morning for my group. Wish me luck!

Coach tickets go on sale on Thursday evening, 6pm.

You won't have much luck on Wednesday morning!

Have asked before (apologies for repeating myself), but has anyone  paid deposits or tickets with a Revolut card (UK card / UK address)? Before the last resale, I'd contacted both See Tickets and Revolut. Both replied saying they should work but have a another card as backup. Be good to have a definitive answer, thanks !

Not long to go now !

6 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Haha! I remember this chat from last year

You're still wrong ?

Made peace with not going been extremely lucky to try and get tickets for last 3 but just can't do it this time.  Big birthday for my wife and we are doing more things to celebrate that and that both negates are time and money . But as ticket day approaches feel like I'm missing out . But I will be back ticket gods allowing in next 2 years .

Trying to avoid coming on here as I'll be so jealous when the scramble begins .

To all of you who want to go best of luck on ticket day . To anyone trying for first time if you are successful you are in for one of the highlights of your life .