Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Yes the texts come through quite quick so no problem there. As you point out it could hinder large groups but maybe thats not such a bad thing. However where there's a will there's a way. As has already been pointed out, I just wonder what solutions have been put in place for those who wish to buy online but who don't have smartphones or online banking ?

maybe that's the reason for the introduction of the timer and the holding of the tickets too 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe that's the reason for the introduction of the timer and the holding of the tickets too 

The changes need to be accommodated in the buying process somehow so it could be. However allocating tickets once the registrations had been confirmed in the buying process is a no brainer and something I assumed happened automatically in the background. I'd also expect the system to have a cut off timer. It's a customer friendly touch publicising this knowledge and leaves a whole load of panic strike anxiety that takes hold amoungst us buyers..........Actually hold that last thought. I'm going be heart pumpingly manic until the ticket purchase confirmation email is received (hopefully) 

Edited by Lycra

13 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The changes need to be accommodated in the buying process somehow so it could be. However allocating tickets once the registrations had been confirmed in the buying process is a no brainer and something I assumed happened automatically in the background. I'd also expect the system to have a cut off timer. It's a customer friendly touch publicising this knowledge and leaves a whole load of panic strike anxiety that takes hold amoungst us buyers..........Actually hold that last thought. I'm going be heart pumpingly manic until the ticket purchase confirmation email is received (hopefully) 

The worst thing is buying for other people ... telling them you have got them ... and then nervously waiting ... it’s worse than waiting for your own email to arrive 

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

Seems to only be a UK thing which could give people from outside the UK an advantage? But if it happens on the payment screen then you’ve essentially got your tickets already so maybe not.

Not so sure. The system has got better in recent years but I've definitely got to the payment screen before then found the server crashed etc and gone back to square one.

21 hours ago, Summertime said:

Has anyone heard much about the new rules for using a credit/debit card for online purchases? It was due to come into effect today but an 18 month extension has been granted to give banks more time.  But they could introduce it anytime between now and the 18 month extension deadline. Might mean an extra step if any of the banks bring it in before ticket day.  

This is an extract from the article and the link to it:

“From 14 September 2019*, you’ll no longer be able to pay online using just your credit or debit card details

Banks are telling customers to confirm online card payments by entering a unique security code sent by text message or via push notification (if you have the mobile banking app).

*UPDATE* On 13 August 2019, the Financial Conduct Authority agreed to give the payments industry more time to implement SCA. There will now be an 18-month managed roll-out, although some banks are already making extra security checks.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06/new-online-security-checks-exclude-people-without-mobile-phones-or-decent-signal/

I don’t know any more than what’s in this article but thought I’d share in case others also weren’t aware. 

Just been reading up on it, and you merchants can create exceptions, the only risk it they are on the hook for any fraud as opposed to the card issuer.

As it's just a deposit being paid and that everyone needs to be registered the risk of fraud is low. I would expect it to be turned off for the initial sale, and turned back on for the balance payments. The tricky thing is that the resale is all in one transactions so I'm unsure what they would do in that case.

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder if this text from the banks would be needed if See Ever started using Apple Pay, generally when using Apple Pay this goes straight through?

Apple Pay is PSD2 SCA compliant as you either use a pin, finger print or other biometric method to protect the card (in effect you pre auth the transaction). 

The main thing the regulation is trying to stop is card not present fraud on the internet, but it's never going to be perfect.

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Just been reading up on it, and you merchants can create exceptions, the only risk it they are on the hook for any fraud as opposed to the card issuer.

As it's just a deposit being paid and that everyone needs to be registered the risk of fraud is low. I would expect it to be turned off for the initial sale, and turned back on for the balance payments. The tricky thing is that the resale is all in one transactions so I'm unsure what they would do in that case.

Thanks for the extra research. ? 

Been trying to do some too but there’s not too many specific details from the banks or merchants and See Tickets are being typically quiet ?

Guess we’ll see over the next few weeks

4 minutes ago, Summertime said:

Thanks for the extra research. ? 

Been trying to do some too but there’s not too many specific details from the banks or merchants and See Tickets are being typically quiet ?

Guess we’ll see over the next few weeks

It a good idea in principle, but it needs to be robust and work under load. 

I don’t have a definite answer for what see would do but they are unlikely to tell anyone as it could be exploited by scammers. 

Edited by dotdash79

On 9/15/2019 at 9:34 AM, crazyfool1 said:

The worst thing is buying for other people ... telling them you have got them ... and then nervously waiting ... it’s worse than waiting for your own email to arrive 

What a disgusting display of altruism.  You sicken (and shame) me ;) 

In case it hasn't already been confirmed elsewhere in this thread, on BBC 6 Music music news, they just announced that the ticket sale dates have been confirmed as 3rd October for coaches and 6th October for main sale.

(Edit: just seen that Dukeicon had already posted this on Thursday.  Excuse the old news - I'm out of the picture as I don't buy tickets.)

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

I just got this email which seems like what we have been talking about 

We're just writing to let you know about new payment security measures that will be introduced from 14 September 2019, in response to a change in the law. The new system is called SCA (Strong Customer Authentication), and will apply whenever you make a purchase from any retailer, including Contactlenses.co.uk.

How will this affect you?
Extra security checks will become more frequent when you're paying online. These are applied at random and you'll be asked to authenticate the purchase by entering a unique one-use passcode, which your card issuer will send to your phone.

What we advise you do?
Make sure your card issuer or bank has your most up-to-date phone number, so that they can send the passcode to you, and