Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

5 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Always new this would be the date so pretty bad planning from me.

We are expecting our second child and he’s due on October 11th. If he comes early and it’s the Sunday my wife and I have agreed as long as she’s not in full labour I can try for tickets. We are having a home birth anyway and the computer is next to where the birthing pool is going so I will be next to her anyway, just to add more stress to ticket day 

'as long as she is not in full labour'... ?

"yeah, yeah, i know darling.... but i cant hold both your hands, i have to hit f5.."

Handily placed birthing pool btw....

good luck on both fronts!

56 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Point being the WV priority booking for coach packages is justified as part of Glasto's environmental drive and at face value you may accept that - however I'm not convinced it really does have any significant impact apart from adding a further complication / tiering of ticket buying.  I would just keep it as a equal chance for any ticket holder to purchase WV accomodation no matter the ticket they hold, but then again I'm obviously biased as I'll be at a disadvantage.

Surely anything that increases the quantity of people getting a coach to the site has a beneficial impact? 

Indeed, whether you agree with their choice or not, they clearly have taken steps to encourage folks to leave their cars at home and there are lots more folks on bikes, buses, coaches and trains than ever before.

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Surely anything that increases the quantity of people getting a coach to the site has a beneficial impact? 

Indeed, whether you agree with their choice or not, they clearly have taken steps to encourage folks to leave their cars at home and there are lots more folks on bikes, buses, coaches and trains than ever before.

Maybe, but arguably the quantity of people buying coach tickets won't increase due to priority booking at WV as these tickets will sell out just as quickly as ever with or without this incentive, it's not like they are struggling to sell the coach tickets.

Edited by spcdust

6 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Always new this would be the date so pretty bad planning from me.

We are expecting our second child and he’s due on October 11th. If he comes early and it’s the Sunday my wife and I have agreed as long as she’s not in full labour I can try for tickets. We are having a home birth anyway and the computer is next to where the birthing pool is going so I will be next to her anyway, just to add more stress to ticket day 

You’ve got it wrong the free ticket for life is for a baby born at the festival .. not on tday. !! :) 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, they had their own pre-sale invitation only ticket window. 

A friend benefitted from that a couple of years, but he didn’t get the offer last year so I guess it may have changed. 

There was a cyclist pre-sale in 2016, but not in 2017 or 2019 and I don't believe this year as a friend who cycled this year hasn't mentioned it. Of course it wasn't announced until very close to T-Day in 2016. I believe there were also pre-sales in the past but I didn't cycle back then so can't say for certain.

The 2016 pre-sale was very limited. I'd guess less than 1000 and possibly less than 500. There were cyclists who missed out.

It was a nice perk but cycling is a great way to get to the festival and worth doing even without the pre-sale.

1 hour ago, spcdust said:

Maybe, but arguably the quantity of people buying coach tickets won't increase due to priority booking at WV as these tickets will sell out just as quickly as ever with or without this incentive, it's not like they are struggling to sell the coach tickets.

As you may predict, I would argue against that view :D 

I can keep pointing out that they have successfully increased the number of people coming via other means if you want to carry on being wrong :P

(BTW.  yes most folks do think I'm an argumentative t**t)

Edited by clarkete

I don't fully understand why they don't allocate coaches to tickets.

i.e. they figure out where the coach tix were sold and put coaches on in those locations. At the mo we have people willing to drive a long way to get a coach - not exactly green - especially since the biggest carbon footprint is getting to/from the festival.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

i.e. they figure out where the coach tix were sold and put coaches on in those locations. At the mo we have people willing to drive a long way to get a coach - not exactly green - especially since the biggest carbon footprint is getting to/from the festival.

It depends how accurate you'd like the companies to be. What if they setup coaches in a small town, and less people turned up than predicted? You also have the logistical side of having coach stations large enough, where they'd source their drivers, etc.

Plus, what would happen to coach tickets in the resale? See Coaches would have to re-allocate locations again which sounds expensive!

However, I do share your view that it's insane to have to travel great distances to your coach. Perhaps if they had an 'any coach from anywhere' approach (if I have a Glasgow ticket I could still get one from Bristol) this would be a better way to go.

10 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Interesting point but I think the people who are willing to travel long distances to get their coach aren't concerned with the green ethos of actually getting the coach, but are more concerned about getting a ticket

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ceetee said:

It was from the page after selecting how many tickets you'd like. Doesn't seem to be doing it on the Supergrass site now though.

Yup...there is a timer at bottom of page once number of tickets have been selected...seems to be about 6.45 minutes default.  Fingers crossed this will be the case for Glasto tickets too ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pentura said:

Interesting point but I think the people who are willing to travel long distances to get their coach aren't concerned with the green ethos of actually getting the coach, but are more concerned about getting a ticket

Sadly, very true. Do I blame people for trying? No, not until a better coach system is in place.

I’ll be pretty gutted if I’m not successful but the last three years when I’ve done Green Man and EOTR as well as Glasto makes me realise missing out isn’t the end of the world when the other two are stacked with everything I love to see live and getting tickets is easy. 

Quick Q regarding coach & ticket -

Never once considered it, but may do this year - I'm from the Midlands (near Wolves), so if I'm successful on coach ticket day, do I get the option to choose B'ham? What is the crack? And is it right that there's a possibility the coach doesn't go until the Thursday? 

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Quick Q regarding coach & ticket -

Never once considered it, but may do this year - I'm from the Midlands (near Wolves), so if I'm successful on coach ticket day, do I get the option to choose B'ham? What is the crack? And is it right that there's a possibility the coach doesn't go until the Thursday? 

Thanks in advance!

Coaches go from every major town and city (except Wolverhampton, that place is frightful) on both Wednesday and Thursday. When you get to the booking page you select which day you want to go then where you want to go to and from.

Wednesday coaches naturally sell quicker than Thursday ones.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coaches go from every major town and city (except Wolverhampton, that place is frightful) on both Wednesday and Thursday. When you get to the booking page you select which day you want to go then where you want to go to and from.

Wednesday coaches naturally sell quicker than Thursday ones.

Thanks mate appreciate it.

Wolves is indeed frightful. Salt of the earth folk though. Digbeth, on the other hand...?

10 hours ago, SighMo said:

I’ll be pretty gutted if I’m not successful but the last three years when I’ve done Green Man and EOTR as well as Glasto makes me realise missing out isn’t the end of the world when the other two are stacked with everything I love to see live and getting tickets is easy. 

I'm going to try to take this approach too. Loved Green Man in 2018 and Blue Dot in 2016. Absolutely adored Glastonbury this year too of course, but I think this ticket sale is going to be brutal so I am going to really try to prepare myself for the worst and know there are other great festivals out there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So I've never tried for coach tickets, how does it work, do you get to choose a location or do they give you one? 

First you choose your day and then your location. If going from London or Bristol you get to choose departure times. Everywhere else it's pot luck what time but you can pick the day (albeit no control if late on Wednesday for example). You'll find out the time for all other locations after balance payment.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

First you choose your day and then your location. If going from London or Bristol you get to choose departure times. Everywhere else it's pot luck what time but you can pick the day (albeit no control if late on Wednesday for example). You'll find out the time for all other locations after balance payment.

Okay, thats what I thought but couldn't quite remember since the last I looked into it. My friend is unsure if he's coming and he's my driver from where I am so I'm trying to figure out if its worth it or just get a train to London and go with another group via car. 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Okay, thats what I thought but couldn't quite remember since the last I looked into it. My friend is unsure if he's coming and he's my driver from where I am so I'm trying to figure out if its worth it or just get a train to London and go with another group via car. 

Thanks! 

Shouldn't encourage more people to try for coaches, but having that extra chance is so worth it in my eyes. The only time I didn't was the first year they offered the package and I failed on the Sunday and had to wait until resale. Never again!

Aside from bringing less stuff I don't think there is much of a downside to the coach and do wonder why people are so reluctant. I get it if you're bringing kids or really need to bring food and booze to keep costs down. Otherwise it is a dream to be dropped off right at ped gate A and snooze all the way home.

They are overpriced though.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Shouldn't encourage more people to try for coaches, but having that extra chance is so worth it in my eyes. The only time I didn't was the first year they offered the package and I failed on the Sunday and had to wait until resale. Never again!

Aside from bringing less stuff I don't think there is much of a downside to the coach and do wonder why people are so reluctant. I get it if you're bringing kids or really need to bring food and booze to keep costs down. Otherwise it is a dream to be dropped off right at ped gate A and snooze all the way home.

They are overpriced though.

I think its the extra price and the unknowing of time and maybe even location if you're later on it. I know the whole 'you're still going' but for some it can really cause issue with. Like if the only option for me was London 7am, I'd have to more than likely get into London the night before, with all my gear and stay over.