Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

2 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Looks like we may have >6 this year, so wanna check my understanding is correct.

You can only buy 6 at a time, but once you’ve gotten through and purchased 6 you can generally go through and buy another set (obviously with different registrations)?

Nope. There is no re-entry to the ticket page any more. You're back to square one. 

Does anyone know if the coach payment is refundable? I’m guessing not but hanging onto the faint hope that Wales can qualify for the Euros in which case Glasto may have to take a back seat but wondering if we get through for coach whether that would be refundable in April on top of the deposit minus the admin fee obviously.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

first panic ... they've forgotten me ...... or are they just giving the worthy warriors a pre pre sale ? im sure I read about some kind of incentive on an email when I signed up .... ( not the reason for signing up by the way ) 

Theyvre not given pre pre sale to worthy warriors before that i know of. I was  WW two years ago, and helped on the Monday in Pennards, signed on a form on the morning that I'd done my 2 hour shift and gave my registration number and there were no incentives / pre pre sale or anything out of that. The problem with giving a pre pre sale to WW is unless you do something like the Monday morning where we signed to do a shift etc all you have to do is sign up , grab a wristband and nothing else - there is no proof that the person has adopted the WW values etc

I think the cycling scheme may have got/get pre pre sale - but may have dreamt that one lol

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Theyvre not given pre pre sale to worthy warriors before that i know of. I was  WW two years ago, and helped on the Monday in Pennards, signed on a form on the morning that I'd done my 2 hour shift and gave my registration number and there were no incentives / pre pre sale or anything out of that. The problem with giving a pre pre sale to WW is unless you do something like the Monday morning where we signed to do a shift etc all you have to do is sign up , grab a wristband and nothing else - there is no proof that the person has adopted the WW values etc

I think the cycling scheme may have got/get pre pre sale - but may have dreamt that one lol

I may have dreamt it but something on an email ( now that prompts me to have a look ) ... of course no evidence that you did anything and I didn't do anything official like staying on the monday .... I couldn't even track down a worthy warrior  wristband this year ... and I dont think my cheat of cycling from the car parks will get me anything :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I may have dreamt it but something on an email ( now that prompts me to have a look ) ... of course no evidence that you did anything and I didn't do anything official like staying on the monday .... I couldn't even track down a worthy warrior  wristband this year ... and I dont think my cheat of cycling from the car parks will get me anything :) 

yeah it said something similar the year before. I am guessing the extra incentives are the wristband and you can have a t shirt printed for free at the Free press - if it was a pre pre sale everyone would sign up :victory:

4 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yeah it said something similar the year before. I am guessing the extra incentives are the wristband and you can have a t shirt printed for free at the Free press - if it was a pre pre sale everyone would sign up :victory:

if had a look and its official .... I dreamt it :( ... 

28 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Does anyone know if the coach payment is refundable? I’m guessing not but hanging onto the faint hope that Wales can qualify for the Euros in which case Glasto may have to take a back seat but wondering if we get through for coach whether that would be refundable in April on top of the deposit minus the admin fee obviously.

Not refundable

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are there any stats for like how many tickets are available, how many people have tried for tickets etc? Just trying to figure out the odds

should we just stick at long ? I don't want to give people false hope 

(i might just be doing my bit to try to reduce demand here ... please ignore :) ) 

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are there any stats for like how many tickets are available, how many people have tried for tickets etc? Just trying to figure out the odds

36,000 coach + entry ticket packages 

105,000 general admission tickets 

5000 Sunday tickets 

no idea on how many try, I’ve heard between 1 and 3 million registrations, no idea how many are duplicates, dead or not used

It is getting very expensive now. I think it's good value compared to most other festivals etc but I suppose it's reflective of the price of live music in general. I have a decent job now but I can barely justify the price of big gigs in London now. When I was younger and had less money, a gig ticket seemed to be a lot less proportionately.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It is getting very expensive now. I think it's good value compared to most other festivals etc but I suppose it's reflective of the price of live music in general. I have a decent job now but I can barely justify the price of big gigs in London now. When I was younger and had less money, a gig ticket seemed to be a lot less proportionately.

The only way musicians make money is touring, but as the price goes up so do the production cost. At some point it’s going to get too much and they will kill the golden goose. 

5 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The only way musicians make money is touring, but as the price goes up so do the production cost. At some point it’s going to get too much and they will kill the golden goose. 

Seen some great gigs locally in small venues for around a tenner this year. Pottery; Black Midi; Stella Donnelly; Wedding Present; Fat Whites; Brian Jonestown Massacre and a few more. Our type of music is so accessible; fingers crossed it lasts. 

I wonder which towns/cities would be the least popular when it comes to getting a coach ticket, i mean that in terms of the demand for certain towns? after missing out last year with a lazy attempt, determined to get back to glastonbury and dont mind where in the country i get it from.

It would be their 50th and my 5th glasto.

Crossing everything already.

8 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yikes, that's quite a hefty price hike, though I probably think that every year

Is it though? I reckon the ticket price increase in recent years has, if not been less that general inflation, has definitely been less that comparable events, particularly Boomtown etc.

13 hours ago, mrtuzz7 said:

Can some please give me some advice please?

We missed out on tickets this year for the first time since 2004, so i thinking of making a separate registration to use for coach tickets as it will give me an extra chance in the sale, maybe using a different address, say my parents house.  My preference would be to go as normal in our car with normal tickets, so if I am extremely lucky and get two sets of tickets, we would not pay them up in April.  Can anyone see a problem with this, apart from not giving someone else the opportunity to buy them in October? (which i feel bad about)  So desperate this year after missing out!!

Thanks

Aside from being a dick move, as has been mentioned many times already, the advances in tech might catch you out. 

When my friends put pics on fb now it knows who I am and asks me if it’s me. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that see/g employ the same tech to detect duplicate registrations? 

You could end up with no tickets instead of one or two!