Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Priority Worthy View for coach sale customers is actually kind of annoying. That's just going to put more demand on coaches. 

I'm trying to work out the reasoning, as there's doesn't appear to be more coach tickets on sale, and as they sell out very quickly anyway, what's the point? Doesn't make the festival any greener.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Has to be to help saving on what people leave at the festival, if you're on the coach you can only take so much, so having Worth View attached helps out too. 

But, as you say, people going by coach are restricted in what they bring anyway.

People staying at Worthy View are also less likely to leave litter.

Why put the two groups together?  Coach tickets always sell out so additional incentives not required.  Unless there will be more coach tix than usual?

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

Looks like we may have >6 this year, so wanna check my understanding is correct.

You can only buy 6 at a time, but once you’ve gotten through and purchased 6 you can generally go through and buy another set (obviously with different registrations)?

Anecdotally, it's easier to get through again once you have done once but there's certainly no guarantee.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I can see the logic (Worthy View people bring less so likely to come by public transport) but for me the festival ticket price is already really pushing affordability and WV is a step too far - I'm sure a lot of people would be the same. Why lump those two groups together?

All I can think is that people are even less likely to pack up a tent and lug it across site on Monday morning to then wait in a queue with it and lump it on public transport once they're off the coach at the other end?

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Looks like we may have >6 this year, so wanna check my understanding is correct.

You can only buy 6 at a time, but once you’ve gotten through and purchased 6 you can generally go through and buy another set (obviously with different registrations)?

Correct.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

All I can think is that people are even less likely to pack up a tent and lug it across site on Monday morning to then wait in a queue with it and lump it on public transport once they're off the coach at the other end?

Coach people bring less anyway though. It's kind of part of the deal. 

Also the walk to the carparks is a lot worse for many.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

39 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Ticket Sale Dates Announced

Thu 3rd Oct - Coach Tickets
Sun 6th Oct - General Admission

Tickets are £265 per person + £5 booking fee + Postage
(Tickets are £17 more expensive)

Full Info: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Yikes, that's quite a hefty price hike, though I probably think that every year

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I can see the logic (Worthy View people bring less so likely to come by public transport) but for me the festival ticket price is already really pushing affordability and WV is a step too far - I'm sure a lot of people would be the same. Why lump those two groups together?

I don't get the logic at all- the coach packages sell out in minutes, they don't need to add more incentives to them