Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

I've been saying that to myself since 2010.

I think I have been since 2011. I said it this morning to a colleague and he said I say it every year. Every year I think I feel more nervous than the year before but the success of bagging tickets erases the pain... A bit like childbirth I'm told.

fortunately there is a difference between clicking interested ... sorting registration and getting up on the correct day to get tickets .... and being persistent when the system kicks you out .... and then trying again for the resale ... ive had a couple that were initially interested and now wont trying .. just for a bit of balance .... and the extra 7000 tickets should help the bus goers ... and therefore free up a few more general spaces 

Edited by crazyfool1

I'd been saying to myself that my luck would run out for years too and then it did on 2014 (got tickets for the resale) and 2016 (made my peace with it and didn't try again). Everyone has to be unsuccessful at some point guys. It's just the way it goes. And the smaller your group the harder it is.

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

fortunately there is a difference between clicking interested ... sorting registration and getting up on the correct day to get tickets .... and being persistent when the system kicks you out .... and then trying again for the resale ... ive had a couple that were initially interested and now wont trying .. just for a bit of balance .... and the extra 7000 tickets should help the bus goers ... and therefore free up a few more general spaces 

A different colleague of mine told me he was trying for tickets this year. I gathered through the conversation he isn’t even registered and has no idea he needs to be. Awful of me but I didn’t tell him. He will find out the hard way! 

• Upvote 2

My friends and I have been wondering at coach tickets. The three of us are coming from Glasgow, and we're trying to work out if that's more likely to get us a coach ticket (because who the fuck wants to travel up to Glasgow if they don't live there) or less (because there are less coaches). And then we wondered which town would be the most under-subscribed compared to the number of coaches. Probably not a big city, as it would have to be one that people didn't automatically try for when their favoured location had sold out.... Any thoughts?

Also - does anyone know what time the See Tickets coaches go from Glasgow? I'd go for a Thursday ticket if it was a night bus (ideally leaving before 3am) but I don't know if it's worth going for a Thursday ticket if you don't leave until 9am and arrive at 7pm!

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Also - does anyone know what time the See Tickets coaches go from Glasgow? I'd go for a Thursday ticket if it was a night bus (ideally leaving before 3am) but I don't know if it's worth going for a Thursday ticket if you don't leave until 9am and arrive at 7pm!

I think they have an overnight one from Edinburgh and Glasgow on the Tuesday and Wednesday. But that is from a few years ago. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

A different colleague of mine told me he was trying for tickets this year. I gathered through the conversation he isn’t even registered and has no idea he needs to be. Awful of me but I didn’t tell him. He will find out the hard way! 

YES, this is the attitude we need!