Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

Also anecdotally on the See Tickets coaches they don't really check your tickets on the way home. I can't say I remember them being that thorough but I'm too much of a worrier to risk just trying for a late coach. I know when we went National express last year the people that missed their coach were essentially put in a holding pen to fill up any empty seats on later ones. See coaches are far less ordered.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also anecdotally on the See Tickets coaches they don't really check your tickets on the way home. I can't say I remember them being that thorough but I'm too much of a worrier to risk just trying for a late coach. I know when we went National express last year the people that missed their coach were essentially put in a holding pen to fill up any empty seats on later ones. See coaches are far less ordered.

There were no checks on See coaches at all this year. Just asked where we were going and pointed us towards a pen. Nobody asked to see a ticket at any point.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Worth pointing out as well that you can just buy a single if you want. I had a crazy return time in 2017 so I sold it on and bought a national express ticket home. I think if I got coach again I would just get a single as national express goes to a much more sensible place for me.

even better!

I've gotten lucky in the coach sales for the first few years attending and would always try that first but we now have the caravan due to me not being able to camp. I just can't do it anymore due to health issues. So its the main sale or bust. Don't think we'll try for the resale if we don't get through this year as it would make being able to get a camper ticket too uncertain. So I have massive anxiety about this sale. 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I've gotten lucky in the coach sales for the first few years attending and would always try that first but we now have the caravan due to me not being able to camp. I just can't do it anymore due to health issues. So its the main sale or bust. Don't think we'll try for the resale if we don't get through this year as it would make being able to get a camper ticket too uncertain. So I have massive anxiety about this sale. 

Wouldn’t get put off due to campervan tickets they seemed to be very available this year even later on ... it is a quandary but I’m sure there will be plenty of people on here able to help in both instances 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just wondering about the possibility of getting coach tickets and picking up the camper van later once you're wristbanded. You could drive it down to somewhere near the site? Probably not possible though? I've never been to the campervan fields so don't really know how it works. 

15 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Campervan tickets do comeback up again, so I'd try and not let that put you off (although I get it). 

I can only do main sale this year due to works; my friends can do coach if they choose, so that'll impact my strategies. So I know the 'fear'!

Edited by vintagelaureate

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just wondering about the possibility of getting coach tickets and picking up the camper van later once you're wristbanded. You could drive it down to somewhere near the site? Probably not possible though? I've never been to the campervan fields so don't really know how it works. 

Its a lot of hassle especially coming from Cumbria. We took two extra days either side to drive down. So its also a huge commitment to close the business for that period of time as we can't get cover. The joys of being self employed. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wouldn’t get put off due to campervan tickets they seemed to be very available this year even later on ... it is a quandary but I’m sure there will be plenty of people on here able to help in both instances 

I'm aware of that but was also going to apply for the disabled camping which is closer but applications close much sooner than the resale. Can always take a view when we see what happens in October. The other aspect is that we close the business while we attend and leaving it till April to decide on whether we leave bookings open is just not ideal. So have a lot of considerations to take into account. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

Its a lot of hassle especially coming from Cumbria. We took two extra days either side to drive down. So its also a huge commitment to close the business for that period of time as we can't get cover. The joys of being self employed. 

I'm aware of that but was also going to apply for the disabled camping which is closer but applications close much sooner than the resale. Can always take a view when we see what happens in October. The other aspect is that we close the business while we attend and leaving it till April to decide on whether we leave bookings open is just not ideal. So have a lot of considerations to take into account. 

Yeah, fair enough - I'm also self-employed so I know how precious days off are!

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Fair enough :) let’s hope ticket gods smile in October for you  fortunately I have few commitments like that so is way easier ... reminds me to remind brother In law to look at disabled camping on website :) x

47 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If any of you non-coachers fancy lending a helping hand on the Thursday that would be so much appreciated! Will take us out of the equation on the Sunday too... ;) 

Add me to the list ... might have 2 to get already but more than happy to help people on here :) 

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How it works is you pick a day and a location and pay for it. Then months later (I think like April maybe?) you get sent the coach tickets with the time on them. So if not going from London or Bristol it's total pot luck. You can specify the day, though.

If I were you and getting in at a certain time is important to you then yeah I'd pay the coach to London maybe. For me, I've no desire to get there at the crack of dawn and be in an endless queue so I usually choose coaches that get me in mid-afternoon. Means I don't start the festival knackered from getting up insanely early too.

I got coach resale from Oxford in 2015.

plus side was I went to the festival when I thought I was in serious danger of missing out.

downside was having to hand camping chair and booze to mates in camper van to bring then spending 3 hours mucking about collecting it when on site as we were limited to luggage.

timings outbound was ok 7.30am departure and was on site by 11.30am even with a stop at services.

return was 7.30am on the Monday which kinda stopped Sunday night being messy and then coach was late and didn’t leave till 9.30am but not a major big deal. 

I manage to bring a camping chair on the coach, but only bring spirits which helps a lot. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to buy food and a few drinks at the festival every day. But honestly getting the coach is great for sharpening the mind and packing light. I honestly don't know how people can be arsed to make multiple trips to those car parks.

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I manage to bring a camping chair on the coach, but only bring spirits which helps a lot. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to buy food and a few drinks at the festival every day. But honestly getting the coach is great for sharpening the mind and packing light. I honestly don't know how people can be arsed to make multiple trips to those car parks.

Take a caravan. Oh I have to say it was such a gamechanger. We opened all the windows on the Saturday morning and the breeze was lovely. This was my favourite year. 

Happy to try and help with coach tickets. We have a group but its 4 for the coach isn't it? We have pals trying as well but ooop north. However you get time choice with London and Bristol. Think I still have your deets from our failed meet. Lol

6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Take a caravan. Oh I have to say it was such a gamechanger. We opened all the windows on the Saturday morning and the breeze was lovely. This was my favourite year. 

Happy to try and help with coach tickets. We have a group but its 4 for the coach isn't it? We have pals trying as well but ooop north. However you get time choice with London and Bristol. Think I still have your deets from our failed meet. Lol

To be honest I like camping at the festival anyway and the cost of hiring one is pretty terrifying. Great if you buy one and use it all year round of course, but we never would. The only thing really that appeals to me about the whole caravan thing is getting there on the Tuesday, but not enough to fork out for it.

And cheers! I think it might be groups of six for coach as well actually but not sure? Obviously you'd need to sort your mates out first.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

Having lived through Glastonbury eras where demand has been up and down - wonder how far away we are from a 'down' year where more people who want to go can easily buy tickets?

I don’t think that’ll happen for years. Glastonbury is a cultural behemoth now, arguably bigger than it has ever been. If anything I’d say it has been helped by the drop in interest in other festivals.

I’d say you’d need a few consecutive years of bad weather and underwhelming lineups/performances before demand started to wane.

22 minutes ago, UEF said:

Having lived through Glastonbury eras where demand has been up and down - wonder how far away we are from a 'down' year where more people who want to go can easily buy tickets?

Depends, I think probably more than people realise, on the weather. Even in 2016 although we had a lot of mud underfoot, the sun was mostly shining when the TV cameras were turned on and as a result the festival still looked fantastic on TV.