Woodstock - As it happened full recording to be broadcast 50 years on

Cooter

On 8/16/2019 at 5:39 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bob Stanley listens to the lot:

'Groovy, groovy, groovy': listening to Woodstock 50 years on – all 38 discs

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/aug/15/woodstock-50th-anniversary-box-set-38-discs?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Crkey! Now if I had £600 hanging around...

10 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Makes you appreciative how smoothly Glastonbury runs, from the outside anyway.  

Indeed. When Glastonbury was selling tickets for 2019, Woodstock hadn't even sorted its financial partner.

Say what you like about whether Glastonbury has changed for the better or worse over the years, at least it still happens

Edited by Quark

I watched the BBC 4 documentary a few days ago. While the music looked pretty good, it just seemed that the whole thing was most likely a pretty awful event to have been at. Not nearly enough food, water, sanitation, place to sleep, terrible sound system, no provision for bad weather. Makes you really appreciate what we have at Glasto.

2 hours ago, Troop Dogg said:

I watched the BBC 4 documentary a few days ago. While the music looked pretty good, it just seemed that the whole thing was most likely a pretty awful event to have been at. Not nearly enough food, water, sanitation, place to sleep, terrible sound system, no provision for bad weather. Makes you really appreciate what we have at Glasto.

I've often wondered whether I'd have enjoyed it had I been there. When you look at the crowd shots hardly anyone looks like they're actually having fun.

Admittedly most people look absolutely gillespied which is a factor.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've often wondered whether I'd have enjoyed it had I been there. When you look at the crowd shots hardly anyone looks like they're actually having fun.

Admittedly most people look absolutely gillespied which is a factor.

Definitely. I would guess that a large proportion of people who complain about Glastonbury and festivals in general being too gentrified or cleaned up would have absolutely HATED the state of Woodstock. Include myself in that too!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Definitely. I would guess that a large proportion of people who complain about Glastonbury and festivals in general being too gentrified or cleaned up would have absolutely HATED the state of Woodstock. Include myself in that too!

The only way through it is to drop so much acid that everything else just melts away.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That said, from what I can work out thousands and thousands of people just parked themselves in front of the stage and didn’t move for five days. They even slept there.

The origins of the chair and blanket brigade right there.

Probably talked a lot when the bands were on too. The c**ts.