campervan sites

iloveglasto2020

48 minutes ago, clarkete said:

How are you this week?

good at the mo, am off to the gym for a hard session in a bit, i'll be hurting later.

i fell on my arse at walking footie this week, and then hurt my hip trying to get up.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

good at the mo, am off to the gym for a hard session in a bit, i'll be hurting later.

i fell on my arse at walking footie this week, and then hurt my hip trying to get up.

Bloody hell you get into some scrapes!  Hope that's not too sore.

Just now, clarkete said:

Bloody hell you get into some scrapes!  Hope that's not too sore.

its sore but because my hip is screwed up, too many months sat at a strange angle on hospital beds, and i was getting severe pain that needed morphine, they took me to southmead (it was a day out; big days when in hospital for so long) last summer to get it x-rayed, and found no problem, but it locks itself at some angles and hurts moving from that locked position. mostly it locks when i'm on the deck, i'm not on the deck too often luckily.

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

its sore but because my hip is screwed up, too many months sat at a strange angle on hospital beds, and i was getting severe pain that needed morphine, they took me to southmead (it was a day out; big days when in hospital for so long) last summer to get it x-rayed, and found no problem, but it locks itself at some angles and hurts moving from that locked position. mostly it locks when i'm on the deck, i'm not on the deck too often luckily.

Well good to know they didn't find anything else!  

when they took me on that trip to southmead, i got myself out of my wheelchair in the x-ray room, and then managed to fall over, fell onto the x-ray table which made it easy to take the x-ray, there's a lot that's wrong with what they do with stroke patients, that doesn't help with recovery progress; that was about my first time in a wheelchair, and i didn't know how to cope with it.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

when they took me on that trip to southmead, i got myself out of my wheelchair in the x-ray room, and then managed to fall over, fell onto the x-ray table which made it easy to take the x-ray, there's a lot that's wrong with what they do with stroke patients, that doesn't help with recovery progress; that was about my first time in a wheelchair, and i didn't know how to cope with it.

Ouch.  It would be funny...but for the constant pain and creeping anxiety 😟

On 3/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, yehbutnobut said:

We have a similar situation to you this year (or our friends who we're trying to get the tickets for do) as we'll be after coach ones tomorrow as well for them to increase chances. Obviously if they get a coach ticket, it means they cant buy a CV ticket. However as I'm now working the fest & will be camped elsewhere from the Saturday b4, i've said they can have my CV ticket. So if they're successful tomorrow, then the plan similarly to me in 2016 is to come up early doors on the Tuesday (with two vehicles unfortunately as they wont be able to get back after the fest), get in & pitch up their caravan in the morning, leave the site in the other vehicle and then get to the coach departure point on whichever day, jump on the bus & get in to the fest that way. I'll be on hand to help them in with the ticket over the phone, or I was thinking my wife could give them her ticket so at least it matches on the way in to the CV field, which they'll bring back down. 

So as our friends were successful in tonight’s sale, now this cunning plan has to be put into action! 😬🤞

34 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

So as our friends were successful in tonight’s sale, now this cunning plan has to be put into action! 😬🤞

Great news! I am curious as to how are they going to get the second vehicle into the CV fields? 

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Great news! I am curious as to how are they going to get the second vehicle into the CV fields? 

Thinking more park it in a close lay-by kind of thing & walk back out. Still up for discussion, but I’m sure the plan will sharpen up nearer the time.

First and most major hurdle overcome, thanks to the kind folks of the efesters hive mind.  Sunday I'll have to repay my debt and head the lessons about why i didn't get past the queue page on 7 browsers today 🙂 

I think for my accommodation I've got a handful of options (I'm writing this down partially for my benefit at least):-

1.  One of the aforementioned firms who deliver caravans to site.  I've got two that I'm on the waiting list for, each of which would require me to ask someone to buy a CV pass on my behalf 11am Sunday.

2.  The @blutarskyoption - that too would require me asking someone to purchase a CV pass on my behalf, plus contacting the fest and also depending on the rental organisation some of them have a smaller subset of their rentals which tick the box for taking to a festival

3.  The @Deaf Nobby Burtonoption - this would also require the purchase of a CV pass in the resale at 11am Sunday but also the much more difficult hurdle of needing a willing friend - I mean, listen to me for flips sake.

4.  Booking something in either Sticklinch or Worthy View, which I believe have resale Sunday 11am - but I've no idea what's available in that resale if anything or how quickly it goes?

5.  An off site place to put a campervan.  I've found the one mentioned above and can get on their list, as that's off site I think that won't need the official pass (and therefore avoids Sunday 11am plus needing a helpful buyer), but I'm unsure how limited their facilities are.  It will also need a campervan to be rented and delivered to their site in the days before I come down on the Thursday coach.

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

5.  An off site place to put a campervan.  I've found the one mentioned above and can get on their list, as that's off site I think that won't need the official pass (and therefore avoids Sunday 11am plus needing a helpful buyer), but I'm unsure how limited their facilities are.  It will also need a campervan to be rented and delivered to their site in the days before I come down on the Thursday coach.

The Apple gate farm off site place is miles and miles from the Kidz field so that may be worth considering.