It’s oh so quiet ....

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, bamber said:

I have a good friend who is from Whitby, which is the closest place to Leeds that I know?

I've got a friend downstairs right now who's from Grimsby. Now that's rock hard north for you. I actually need to go and join the conglomerate of eeejits that have migrated to my house this evening / night. They keep coming upstairs and asking me to come downstairs. However, I'm reluctant to do so because they're playing music loudly, and my ears and brain aren't really up for that right now. Oh well, guess I've got to show willing. 

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've got a friend downstairs right now who's from Grimsby. Now that's rock hard north for you. I actually need to go and join the conglomerate of eeejits that have migrated to my house this evening / night. They keep coming upstairs and asking me to come downstairs. However, I'm reluctant to do so because they're playing music loudly, and my ears and brain aren't really up for that right now. Oh well, guess I've got to show willing. 

Your life is more complicated than mine.

3 minutes ago, bamber said:

Do you like Cricket?

Aaagh - that's made me have to write one last Leeds story. i recall going on the piss there on the Friday night, the Saturday morning until the Sunday morning, then getting up to go on the sunday afternoon sesh. However, the pubs closed at 2pm on a Sunday in those days. So, we decided to go to the cricket, as they had a bar open until about 5pm (I think it was). Anyway, we walked up to pay an extortionate amount just to get to a bar, and the bloke at the turnstile just let us through without paying - result. We then saw the nearest bar and decided to go in there. How we got in i'll never know, because it was the Members Bar, and full of old men in blazers with motifs on their breast pockets. Anyway, the bar staff served us and we sat down. It was then that two of my friends decided to set fire to their own hair. Have you ever seen somebody put a lighter to their own long'ish hair? The flame goes up in an instant, then dies down, and then you are left with a thick smelly smoke, wafting from the top of the cranium. Now one of these old duffers saw this and went apoplectic with rage shouting for us to get out. So, we had to leave.

Oh, and no, I don't really like cricket. I don't follow any sport.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, philipsteak said:

Heading home after my first visit to the Fringe. As a huge comedy fan I'm annoyed it's taken me this long to finally get up there. 

Fantasticfun, and all the things people talk about annoying you about it didn't bother me one bit. Living there must be a bit of a nightmare though. Although, after Glastonbury and Latitude (where I spent about 5 straight hours one day) I do like sitting in a tent and all the comedians come to you rather than having to race around looking for them

I came back last night after the first time there. Missed a few days at the start due my daughters Cancer scare (which was not cancer in the end :) ) Been meaning to go for years but money and kids kind of stopped us. What a great time we had there, so so much to do it was mad and lots of places to explore next time (Circus Hub I am thinking of you). saw some great comedy/theatre/dance

Will see who is playing the summer sessions as well next time

Wednesdays Rain was bloody mad - reminded me how much I hate rain at Glastonbury (see how I made it relevant)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 2:30 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Aaagh - that's made me have to write one last Leeds story. i recall going on the piss there on the Friday night, the Saturday morning until the Sunday morning, then getting up to go on the sunday afternoon sesh. However, the pubs closed at 2pm on a Sunday in those days. So, we decided to go to the cricket, as they had a bar open until about 5pm (I think it was). Anyway, we walked up to pay an extortionate amount just to get to a bar, and the bloke at the turnstile just let us through without paying - result. We then saw the nearest bar and decided to go in there. How we got in i'll never know, because it was the Members Bar, and full of old men in blazers with motifs on their breast pockets. Anyway, the bar staff served us and we sat down. It was then that two of my friends decided to set fire to their own hair. Have you ever seen somebody put a lighter to their own long'ish hair? The flame goes up in an instant, then dies down, and then you are left with a thick smelly smoke, wafting from the top of the cranium. Now one of these old duffers saw this and went apoplectic with rage shouting for us to get out. So, we had to leave.

Oh, and no, I don't really like cricket. I don't follow any sport.

There was something of a disaster in the Cricket today, the Ashes no less. England all out for 67, the worst score in a Test Match since 1948. Headingly., Leeds.