It’s oh so quiet ....

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Strange summer? My dad was a deep sea fisherman. From the age of 12 I used to go on trips with him over the summer. This was usually about a month away but when I got back to school I would be asked what I saw. My only reply was `Sra.. endless sea' although I did see Rockall and oil rigs not to mention polar bears. 

Well everything's relative, I suppose.

Strange in that work has come in fits and starts, rather than the hoped for continuous arrivals.  Nothing remotely off shore though.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, eFestivals said:

I really don't mean to be rude, but ...

This topic might as well as be titled "this place is boring and I'm not going to make it any more interesting".

No one comes here to read that <name> went (say) shopping. People come here to read interesting/entertaining stuff about festivals and stuff around that.

The NFC topic is the place for talking shite. That was only ever allowed to remain on a promise it'd be the only place for talking shite.

</ends up being rude anyway :P > 

Neil - You have admin rights - just change the thread title to "Bloody hell, it's gone totally manic on this Forum" ?

4 minutes ago, timbrass said:

Neil - You have admin rights - just change the thread title to "Bloody hell, it's gone totally manic on this Forum" ?

Absolutely :) no objections from me as the op ... just wanted to get the forums moving again ... and yes I know we always have a lull as people fill their summers with outdoor stuff and festivals ... 

It's just that time of the year when people are away doing other festivals, holidays or dealing with kids. And we're really busy working. 

I think nerves are a big thing for the next sale as well. So trying not to think about it might also be a reason. 

It will all pick up again next month. 

Now please assure me the sale is Sunday the 6th and not when we're at the airport on the 13th. 

6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It's just that time of the year when people are away doing other festivals, holidays or dealing with kids. And we're really busy working. 

I think nerves are a big thing for the next sale as well. So trying not to think about it might also be a reason. 

It will all pick up again next month. 

Now please assure me the sale is Sunday the 6th and not when we're at the airport on the 13th. 

The 6th is the date I've penciled in

1 hour ago, UEF said:

The 6th is the date I've penciled in

Ditto, always around my birthday (3rd), so the 6th makes sense. Off to see Hootie & the Blowfish on the 6th so hoping for a great start to the day; it's creeping up.....?

On 8/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, crazyfool1 said:

So where is everyone ? what have you all been up to ..? . where has everyone gone with only 2 months untill ticket day?  ... time to emerge from those rabbit holes .. stop lurking and start posting :) 

It's not as quiet as the boomtown pages. Shit that's eerily quiet. Hope they've not all been blown away physically instead of the usual 'blown away' 

Better do some calls and check wellbeing of chums and family. Not that they want to hear about my dry socks and comfy bed. ?

14 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

It's not as quiet as the boomtown pages. Shit that's eerily quiet. Hope they've not all been blown away physically instead of the usual 'blown away' 

Better do some calls and check wellbeing of chums and family. Not that they want to hear about my dry socks and comfy bed. ?

Funnily enough we were just saying the exact same thing, Boomtown radio silence.  Whilst munching sausage sandwiches in the warm and dry, feeling a bit thankful we're tucked up here and not in a windswept field somewhere.  ?

27 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Maybe the wind is having some impact on mobile signals ? ... it is amazing though how most of us manage to adapt and enjoy regardless ... but seeing it from afar we look at things like comfortabable beds and go ... nah :) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Funnily enough we were just saying the exact same thing, Boomtown radio silence.  Whilst munching sausage sandwiches in the warm and dry, feeling a bit thankful we're tucked up here and not in a windswept field somewhere.  ?

A boomtowner whom is  very close to me, who shall remain nameless is having a nightmare first festival without parental guidance. That bit may give a clue. ?. Lost goodies on entrance. Tent collapse and soggy belongings. First time away with girlfriend and not as he planned it. He had a bit of a meltdown yesterday but his girlfriend, who is an exceptional festival chick is standing strong and insisting on fun. ?

Still swap my dry socks for boomtown shenanigans. ?

53 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I don't remember it having any issues with it when I went, but have seen a few different people comment on how patchy mobile signal is at Boomtown this year. Messages coming through 12 hours after they were sent etc.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

3 week long Glastonbury of Comedy right on my damn doorstep.

Heading home after my first visit to the Fringe. As a huge comedy fan I'm annoyed it's taken me this long to finally get up there. 

Fantasticfun, and all the things people talk about annoying you about it didn't bother me one bit. Living there must be a bit of a nightmare though. Although, after Glastonbury and Latitude (where I spent about 5 straight hours one day) I do like sitting in a tent and all the comedians come to you rather than having to race around looking for them

Edited by philipsteak

5 hours ago, Aragorn said:

been searching for a camper van, getting older now and want some comfort at the end of night lol 

I'm not sure campervans (of the VW variety) are it... they look awfully small, and have no toilet or shower

4 hours ago, UEF said:

I'm not sure campervans (of the VW variety) are it... they look awfully small, and have no toilet or shower

I've got a converted high top long wheel based Transit, and think that that is too small. I'd really not like to have a small VW camper, even with an awning. That said, if it's going to be your only form of transport throughout the rest of the year, then putting up with a smaller camper makes sense.

In my dreams, I'd like to own and self convert one of these;

Image result for optare bus

58 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've got a converted high top long wheel based Transit, and think that that is too small. I'd really not like to have a small VW camper, even with an awning. That said, if it's going to be your only form of transport throughout the rest of the year, then putting up with a smaller camper makes sense.

In my dreams, I'd like to own and self convert one of these;

Image result for optare bus

You fill my heart with joy!

31 minutes ago, bamber said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick

This one is for you.

Hello bamber,

Appreciated, thank you.

I must say that I'm OK with the two Mik Artistik tracks that I've heard so far in my life. Part of me really doesn't want to like them. I'm not sure why. It's certainly not an anti- northern thing. He mentions Leeds in that song. I spent many a happily scandalous moment in that city. In fact, I could write a whole book on my time there. Oh, sweet memories. Maybe I'm just not used to that genre of performance art. You know - if it's alien then attack it. Kind of sad if that is the case though. I think I'm quite open though really. I mean, I often laugh about Modern dance in public, but secretly I think I quite like it - or, at least, that it exists.

Anyway, a quick anecdote about Leeds. I once went to visit a girlfriend there. She asked me if I would come to the cinema with her and a girl friend of hers. I said that I wouldn't but would go to the pub, and meet them in there later. So, I went to the pub and got very merry indeed. Then a bloke in a wheel chair came up to me and asked if I'd help him get into and out of the toilet. Being a helpful bloke I said 'no bother', and proceeded to wheel him in the toilet and up to the urinal. It was then that he nodded to me and then nodded down to his pecker ie he was asking me if I'd take his laddy out of his trousers, and hold it for him while he pissed. I said something along the lines of 'you've got to be fucking joking' and walked off. 

I few months later I told this tale to a friend who had attended Leeds University a fair few years earlier. He exclaimed 'Old Jack (I can't remember the bloke's actual name). Is he still alive? Is he still pulling that old trick? 

Apparently the bloke was indeed disabled, but had absolutely no need for a stranger to hold his pecker in the toilet.

I just knew it! I hadn't turned my back on a needy person after all. The bastard!  lol

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Appreciated, thank you.

I must say that I'm OK with the two Mik Artistik tracks that I've heard so far in my life. Part of me really doesn't want to like them. I'm not sure why. It's certainly not an anti- northern thing. He mentions Leeds in that song. I spent many a happily scandalous moment in that city. In fact, I could write a whole book on my time there. Oh, sweet memories. Maybe I'm just not used to that genre of performance art. You know - if it's alien then attack it. Kind of sad if that is the case though. I think I'm quite open though really. I mean, I often laugh about Modern dance in public, but secretly I think I quite like it - or, at least, that it exists.

Anyway, a quick anecdote about Leeds. I once went to visit a girlfriend there. She asked me if I would come to the cinema with her and a girl friend of hers. I said that I wouldn't but would go to the pub, and meet them in there later. So, I went to the pub and got very merry indeed. Then a bloke in a wheel chair came up to me and asked if I'd help him get into and out of the toilet. Being a helpful bloke I said 'no bother', and proceeded to wheel him in the toilet and up to the urinal. It was then that he nodded to me and then nodded down to his pecker ie he was asking me if I'd take his laddy out of his trousers, and hold it for him while he pissed. I said something along the lines of 'you've got to be fucking joking' and walked off. 

I few months later I told this tale to a friend who had attended Leeds University a fair few years earlier. He exclaimed 'Old Jack (I can't remember the bloke's actual name). Is he still alive? Is he still pulling that old trick? 

Apparently the bloke was indeed disabled, but had absolutely no need for a stranger to hold his pecker in the toilet.

I just knew it! I hadn't turned my back on a needy person after all. The bastard!  lol

Ha, I've never been to Leeds.