It’s oh so quiet ....

Crazyfool01

I wandered off to the WOMAD forum section for a bit. Then got offered Boomtown work so went there for a bit. Decided not to take the work. Currently browsing the Lakefest part as I may have an “in” on Saturday. Also thinking about Shambala so casually browsing that forum too. 

All this wandering about has confirmed that the Glasto eFesters are by far the best and most interactive.

During all this my Gold subs got renewed. 

Was at Jeesie J NDSM Werf - Amsterdam Noord last weekend. Freaking Awesome. Just sayin'. It was also Amsterdam Gay Pride, the same weekend!

( These top notes are notes that are clipped (suppressed) by a phone recording, you have to use your imagination )

What a singer, what a voice!

Bamber X

I've been away at the Landed Festival, and it's kind of taken until now to feel right again, since we came back on Monday evening. It's the only festival for us this year (unfortunately), but what a fab festival it was. The most wondrous setting, great live music, great dj's, and great company. I actually got so spannered one night that I couldn't find my way back to my camper van. I spent about an hour trying, before walking up to to members of security and stating to them ' Would you please arrest me'? In my demented state I thought that they were kind of like the police, and that at least I'd get a bed for the night. Instead they decided to give me proper guidance on how to get back to my camper van, which I got to. And there, waiting on the step for me was a large joint which a friend had said he'd put there for me, when I got back. I then smoked that, and passed out, fully clothed, as usual. Don't you just love the chaos of festivals!? 

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've been away at the Landed Festival, and it's kind of taken until now to feel right again, since we came back on Monday evening. It's the only festival for us this year (unfortunately), but what a fab festival it was. The most wondrous setting, great live music, great dj's, and great company. I actually got so spannered one night that I couldn't find my way back to my camper van. I spent about an hour trying, before walking up to to members of security and stating to them ' Would you please arrest me'? In my demented state I thought that they were kind of like the police, and that at least I'd get a bed for the night. Instead they decided to give me proper guidance on how to get back to my camper van, which I got to. And there, waiting on the step for me was a large joint which a friend had said he'd put there for me, when I got back. I then smoked that, and passed out, fully clothed, as usual. Don't you just love the chaos of festivals!? 

Not quite the same way  id do them ... but you always have a fantastic story to tell :) 

FA cup first preliminary round tomorrow and then off up to Edinburgh on Tues for the fringe, so it’s all football and comedy at the moment. And, as soon as I’m back from that, it’s time to get ready for EOTR.

All I’ve done Glasto related is check my parents’ registration for them. Plus, it’s summer, so I try to cut down as much as possible on my screen time. 

Been outdoors innit! Fest season is winding down, I have Leeds and the big fake fest to go before my head gets stuck into work for the winter.

15 hours ago, ian the worm said:

I wandered off to the WOMAD forum section for a bit. Then got offered Boomtown work so went there for a bit. Decided not to take the work. Currently browsing the Lakefest part as I may have an “in” on Saturday. Also thinking about Shambala so casually browsing that forum too. 

All this wandering about has confirmed that the Glasto eFesters are by far the best and most interactive.

I did pretty much similar Ian, without the offer of work... or boomtown tickets. There's not many discussions in the other forums is there?

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Not had a day off work since getting home from Glastonbury, and non in the diary for even longer still.  The joys of being self employed in hospitality!

Must be good to have a solid run of bookings after all the work you guys put into it, even if it does screw any chance of time off!

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Must be good to have a solid run of bookings after all the work you guys put into it, even if it does screw any chance of time off!

It's been a strange summer - the weather plays a big role in how busy we are.  Each day individually isn't too bad, but cumulatively they take their toll!

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's been a strange summer - the weather plays a big role in how busy we are.  Each day individually isn't too bad, but cumulatively they take their toll!

My folks ran a B and B for quite a few years and it wasn’t as easy as changing a few bed sheets ... although the setting was  nothing like as beautiful as yours 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Don't you just love the chaos of festivals!? 

Not having a dig but I can't do the chaos any more. Sorry that should be don't want to rather than can't. Quite frankly I got bored of it. This Glastonbury was a tester for me as it was the first one going as a punter since 2003. I was really worried about having too much time on my hands but only one night did I get tipsy. My son introduced me to Southern Comfort Black and that was an extremely interesting revelation. We ended up at the bar at the top of the hill over Park (Crows Nest?) I remember offering to help to spliff up for a couple off their faces on mushrooms and 2cb. I sat there for ages before admitting I had no idea what I was doing as I don't smoke and usually just eat it. Not the spliff that would  be mad. Any who my son took charge. Funny at the time. 

I

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Strange summer? My dad was a deep sea fisherman. From the age of 12 I used to go on trips with him over the summer. This was usually about a month away but when I got back to school I would be asked what I saw. My only reply was `Sra.. endless sea' although I did see Rockall and oil rigs not to mention polar bears.