wonders of wandering at worthy farm :)

Crazyfool01

Today as I have a week off work and its a while since the festival,  myself and @jc2000 went for a quick wander around the site .... Parking at pilton skate park ... down to the Festival office to get the Pilton Party tickets .... then through the wood ..checking out our campsite by the john peel ... pyramid ... around the backstage of silver hayes ... other field to the Glade ... quick cocktail in the spike bar (thought they might not be open ... but the service was great ) Pirate ship and then back past the pyramid spotting the ribbon tower top and big silver wing adornment up near the farm .. light shower as we arrived but apart from that sun shinning and heavens opened as we drove back through Glastonbury 

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4604.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice to see you stuck with my pyramid giza suggestion haha! 

Does it not frustrate the hell out of you going there knowing whats just finished and how long you have to wait for next year.... Frustrates the hell out of me just sitting at home never mind being on the farm. 

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Great photo's - magical even when the festivals not on. Are the cows back in the fields yet ?

Thanks for sharing

No sign of them which is odd considering the much cleaner festival this time ... having said that I did pick up a nos canister which I’m sure the cows wouldn’t have fancied chewing on :( 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Nice to see you stuck with my pyramid giza suggestion haha! 

Does it not frustrate the hell out of you going there knowing whats just finished and how long you have to wait for next year.... Frustrates the hell out of me just sitting at home never mind being on the farm. 

That’s a fixture now as long as I’m at the festival ... :) it’s kind of nice seeing it in quieter times put to its proper use ... it’s only 10 months ... was lots longer last time ... and my prep for the next time helps. See me through :) 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s a fixture now as long as I’m at the festival ... :) it’s kind of nice seeing it in quieter times put to its proper use ... it’s only 10 months ... was lots longer last time ... and my prep for the next time helps. See me through :) 

Yeah the fallow year is depressing! 10 months is too long.... the only glimmer of light is if you think ticket day is only 8 weeks away! haha I cant wait to get stressed out... I must need my head feeling ha 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Mad seeing the Piano Bar like that. So what, they just take the roof off and let the rest of it rot for a year, then come back a few weeks before, replace the rotten bits and rebuild?

i've not been to the piano bar since it was in the green fields (about 2000-ish).

And it's not as good as it used to be. :P 

It used to be much more of a hole than that.