2020 Lineup

5rebbecas

11 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Don't see a big dance act getting added at this stage. Think there won't be much in the way of reasonably big announcements anymore. 

Not expecting a big dance act added some may argue its there already with dizzee but i dont count that, as you have to pay extra to see him on thursday . There just seems nothing for the younger crew , take last year for instance my 2 kids were thrilled with years and years its not my thing at all but i can appreciate the booking if that makes sense . When you got 2 teenage girls that look at the line up and pull a funny face and go who? it makes you think ! Yesterday both of them said have you seen have you seen Leeds line up it looks good , granted they understand Kendal cant compete but thats the kind of thing they are wanting ! i did say to them thats not really a typical leeds  line up and its not that well recieved with a lot of leeds regulars lol.

Maybe Kendal are just trying to get away from the Darkfruits brigade lol  

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Kendal Calling is still clearly smaller than the majors and, with that in mind, they've booked a REALLY strong lineup.

Supergrass, past their prime, were playing third down at Glasto, so with that in mind, and the reunion bump, they're a very solid headliner. Foals are obviously a great choice and like it or not, the Phonics remain a big deal, regardless of your opinion of them.

I have no idea what it is you're expecting of them. They can book the people who are around. They're not likely to attract any special one offs like Reading and Leeds just did.

What did I expect? 

More? Better? KC needs to make up it's mind; does it want to be an intimate gathering of 10,000, with a great line up of household names, or does it want to be pushing the bigger festivals with 30,000 paying customers? If it's the latter then this year's line up is bang average, and it's in danger of discovering it peaked 5 years and 10,000 people ago. 

41 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Kendal don’t want to go bigger I have that on good authority, 

😂 they said that at 19,999 then they sneakily went for another increase of capacity to 34995 ! It’s not that Kendal don’t want to get any bigger it’s just the site Isn’t lending itself to it ! 
I think they should just increase the ticket price ! It’s very cheap compared to latitude with similar capacity but with the bands folk are expecting 

52 minutes ago, heartsink said:

if you don’t like it don’t go 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Ah OK. So no debate allowed? A differing opininion of what constitutes a "great" line up answered with "don't go". 

Great advice, and free, thanks. But I'm afraid I shall not be taking it, there is so much more to the festival than the "great" line up. My fifteenth year and I've yet to have a bad one. 

I've seen better headliners though. 

Then again, I remember Maximo whoever. 

Edited by Bobby Dassler
Added

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

30,000 isn't exactly pushing the bigger festivals. It's about half the size of the bigger ones. I'd say the acts they've gotten this year are a fair reflection of that.

Depends how you define "pushing". If it was simply a case of numbers then then "bigger" would be redundant. In terms of attracting names like Blondie, Tom Jones, Snoop Dogg, and even getting all of Public Enemy when Glastonbury couldn't; THAT is pushing "bigger" festivals. 

9 minutes ago, Hawky said:

What is there t do on a night after the headliner?

Silent Disco, Calling Out tent often has something on like an Indie Disco, Glow Tent has DJ's playing all night, House Party has a range of things on at night whether it be a band or a DJ, believe Chai Wallah and the other stages also go all night until 3AM along with the others but never end my night here so can't confirm

19 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Silent Disco, Calling Out tent often has something on like an Indie Disco, Glow Tent has DJ's playing all night, House Party has a range of things on at night whether it be a band or a DJ, believe Chai Wallah and the other stages also go all night until 3AM along with the others but never end my night here so can't confirm

Are all of these inside the arena?

If Craig David is main stage, then the top end of the Friday main stage could be great fun all round.

The Magic Gang and Scouting for Girls to be the other Calling Out headliners we think? Scouting for Girls are already confirmed for it.

EDIT: For the stage I mean.

Edited by DomDom1984

If Craig David is main stage, then the top end of the Friday main stage could be great fun all round.

The Magic Gang and Scouting for Girls to be the other Calling Out headliners we think? Scouting for Girls are already confirmed for it.

Craig david is After Glow or previously known as glow tent 

23 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Craig david is After Glow or previously known as glow tent 

He isn’t he’s main stage, Hannah wants, Andy c, jungle and 808 state are glow 

Sure I seen on the Instagram posts they have been sharing that scouting for girls were on the main stage 🤷🏼‍♂️

17 minutes ago, heartsink said:

He isn’t he’s main stage, Hannah wants, Andy c, jungle and 808 state are glow 

Sure I seen on the Instagram posts they have been sharing that scouting for girls were on the main stage 🤷🏼‍♂️

Correct on Craig david ! But he was on a afterglow poster last my daughter checked cos she was moaning would I go to the glow with her ! 
scouting defo calling out but how is heather small gonna go down in the glow tent ? 😂 

13F1EE92-F861-4F76-A659-2B7D6504DF78.jpeg

859A38E9-0091-4777-B8CB-F8B3341E0BB2.jpeg

15A8DE4F-7C4E-4668-A6AB-C51C5A41C559.jpeg

• Like 1

The Magic Gang, Pale Waves and Scouting For Girls up against the headliners then on Calling Out, was hoping to catch SFG as they're great fun live but won't be missing Foals for them, thought SFG would do better as a mainstage band, feel like Jade Bird would of been a better choice for Calling Out as i thought it was for up and coming talent rather than has beens

Edit: Just remembering Mystery Jets were on there last year so guess i'm mistaken on the 'up and coming talent' side of things

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

1 hour ago, ski64 said:

First time for us , do they announce further bands in dribs and drabs over the coming months or do they have a 2nd larger announcement.

Clearly headliners are established but slightly lower down the bill ? 

Expect another announcement with the rest of the lineup in late March/early April. That’s what came last year, very few dribs and drabs alongside it 

• Upvote 1