2020 Lineup

5rebbecas

Was my first time at Kendal this year and loved every minute of it, cannot wait to find out who’s playing next year ? with it being the 15th anniversary it’s clear its gonna be a big one, what’s everyone’s predictions? not sure who i’m going for, but i think foals will be headlining a night. Possibly chemical brothers for friday/saturday night? If they are really pushing the boat out for the thursday headliner since it’s the 15th anniversary I would love to see Ashcroft headlining thursday night to open the weekend ?

Going to be difficult to work out this year tbh ! Kendal were always a bit independent when it came to booking bands they did appear to use the Global block of bookings but not fully. 

Headliners need hits and my opinion is Foals don’t have enough to satisfy a Kendal crowd . 

Could easily see chemicals there defo, think it’s time Blossoms played the main stage but not headline. Richard Ashcroft if only for the verve hits . Think it’s time they had a female headline so I would lump on Florence . Will have to see what superstruct bring to the table next year . 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

can't see that. 

I wouldn’t either under the global banner but superstruct probably have more ability to bring in some US bookings which whispers I’ve heard that’s what they aiming for ! So you gotta start somewhere the likes of Kings of Leon way to big and my thinking was Greenday we’re booked for that failed gig in Scotland so it’s potentially possible? Any how probably end up Billie Eilish! ?  

4 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Headliners need hits and my opinion is Foals don’t have enough to satisfy a Kendal crowd . 

Could easily see chemicals there defo, think it’s time Blossoms played the main stage but not headline.

Yeah I agree with Foals not having enough hits, as much as I would love them to be there you’re probably right.

I did actually think about Blossoms making an appearance as well. Would it be a wise shout to say Stereophonics? Ive seen them on the lineup headlining quite a few times so i’m taking it they have a loyal crowd at the festival.

Feel like Slaves will be there as well, would love to see them headline the calling out one night!

55 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I wouldn’t either under the global banner but superstruct probably have more ability to bring in some US bookings which whispers I’ve heard that’s what they aiming for ! 

their wider European reach will certainly help, but bookings will still have to go thru the agent who handles the UK - because of how different parts of the world are cut up into territories.

Where that agent will probably be more inclined to favour a competitor with a stronger UK base if there's a deal to be done on a band like Green Day. ;) 

40 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I will show my arse if its not New Order. I am gob smacked they have never done it and now there is no chance I am ever going again, they are sure to play.

Get your arse out then mate ? no way new order or should I say definitely not heading! To small now 

6 hours ago, Lewyc1987 said:

This is the same person who thinks one of the biggest bands in the world Green Day are going to be on at Kendal ??‍♂️

Said by the person that claims Green Day are one of the biggest bands in the world!  ?‍♂️ All I know is superstruct want some American acts it’s more of a starting at the bottom of the heap! I can’t see Kendal booking New order as they didn’t sell out Jodrell. Simple as that really. Has Kendal not booked enough old fart manc bands over the years and it’s time for a fresh approach? Nowt wrong with New order but it’s gonna be 2020 and they ain’t done anything relevant for 25 years ! But they have a huge manc ,fac51 following so I guess if they moan for them like they moan for the hotpots every year I guess it’s possible. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

Get your arse out then mate ? no way new order or should I say definitely not heading! To small now 

If there were hotels nearby then I would be tempted. Problem is that I am on immunosuppressents and no way I could handle staying in a tent, in that environment. Unfortunately it looks like my uk weekend festival time is over. It is Glasto in a camper and maybe a foreign festival, in a hotel from now on.

I do think it will be New Order though (I know I say this every year)

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

If there were hotels nearby then I would be tempted. Problem is that I am on immunosuppressents and no way I could handle staying in a tent, in that environment. Unfortunately it looks like my uk weekend festival time is over. It is Glasto in a camper and maybe a foreign festival, in a hotel from now on.

I do think it will be New Order though (I know I say this every year)

Sorry to hear that mate, there are a couple of pubs with rooms close by in Askham easy walk-in home at night as it’s down hill but of a slog going in day time .

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, eastynh said:

@eastynh Some awesome foreign festivals out there mate, different gravy.