Kevin Parker - is he the main influence behind the genre of Bedroom Pop?

MillyBee

14 hours ago, Quark said:

Didn't know he'd been involved. Only came across their last album, was ok but didn't leave me wanting more. Couple of tracks I really liked though. Worth exploring the back catalogue a bit?

Yeah, they've only got one other album, which he produced I believe (they were a couple at this point, hence him becoming less involved!).

As I recall, the first album doesn't have a duff song on it:

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, they've only got one other album, which he produced I believe (they were a couple at this point, hence him becoming less involved!).

As I recall, the first album doesn't have a duff song on it:

Never heard that before, proper vibes even on my shitty work speakers!

10 minutes ago, Slugy said:

Never heard that before, proper vibes even on my shitty work speakers!

Ha - just listened to it for the first time in years on my shitty laptop.  Sounded great! Album is also great (that's the only one in French though).

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Ha - just listened to it for the first time in years on my shitty laptop.  Sounded great! Album is also great (that's the only one in French though).

Not gonna lie, I didn't even notice it was in french. The title should of been a bit of a give away but I will blame it on the speakers!

57 minutes ago, Havors said:

there is fuck all pop about Tame Impala/Kevin Parker in my opinion.

????

We're talking about the same band right? I think they're perfectly nice without ever quite being amazing, but they're absolutely at the  poppiest limit of that whole post-Ariel Pink hypnagogic pop/chillwave scene.

Edited by Winslow Leach

23 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

????

We're talking about the same band right? I think they're perfectly nice without ever quite being amazing, but they're absolutely at the  poppiest limit of that whole post-Ariel Pink hypnagogic pop/chillwave scene.

I think you and I have different definitions of what "pop" music is.... 

20 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

This just sounds like a Pitchforkified Josephine to me. That's not a criticism, but if it can't be described as a pop song then I really don't know what can.

Like I said we have difference ideas of what "pop" music is... this is what I call pop music.... just like all the taylor swift shite and the likes...