Bring back Blur

Zoo Music Girl

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t want to post anything about this for a while but I think now is a good time. Heard from someone that after Damon is done with this Gorillaz project there is a Blur project lined up.

His comments in the NME today make me think this could be true.

2022 headliner?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/damon-albarn-is-open-to-another-blur-reunion-i-cant-wait-to-sing-parklife-again-2754371

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Didn’t want to post anything about this for a while but I think now is a good time. Heard from someone that after Damon is done with this Gorillaz project there is a Blur project lined up.

His comments in the NME today make me think this could be true.

2022 headliner?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/damon-albarn-is-open-to-another-blur-reunion-i-cant-wait-to-sing-parklife-again-2754371

Provided Macca happens next year Blur will move to the top of my wishlist. Would be delighted with them in 2022.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Potentially blur and Radiohead being about in 2022 makes me an excited and very happy chappy. Yay the 90s!

And LCD have left a gap of 6 years between their 2010 and 2016 performance, so it only makes sense for them to sub Radiohead in 2022 :)

(Almost certainly won't happen, but it's the two acts I most want to see at Glastonbury someday.) A man can dream.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That was down to silly asking price (about 80 notes IIRC) and a pretty poor support bill - Metronomy were the main sub.

In fairness though, tickets didn't fly out for their 2012 show with New Order and The Specials as support at £55/60. I admit £80 was a lot and there is no way I'd have paid it. The BST show was far superior sound mind you than the 2012 one as I attended both. The best I've heard Hyde Park sound. I believe we only got there to be honest a little while before Blur in 2015 as wasn't bothered for the support and enough time to grab a couple of drinks.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

In fairness though, tickets didn't fly out for their 2012 show with New Order and The Specials as support at £55/60. I admit £80 was a lot and there is no way I'd have paid it. The BST show was far superior sound mind you than the 2012 one as I attended both. The best I've heard Hyde Park sound. I believe we only got there to be honest a little while before Blur in 2015 as wasn't bothered for the support and enough time to grab a couple of drinks.

I was at both those gigs and the 2009 Hyde Park show and I have to agree the 12 show was piss poor in terms of sound quality. If you listen back to the live recording you can hear people yelling “turn it up!” between songs.

A shame because their setlist that day was perfect.

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was at both those gigs and the 2009 Hyde Park show and I have to agree the 12 show was piss poor in terms of sound quality. If you listen back to the live recording you can hear people yelling “turn it up!” between songs.

A shame because their setlist that day was perfect.

I was also at all 3. 

The sound was so bad in 2012 we could barely hear Damon sing. 

The latter of the 3 shows was massively overpriced considering the poor undercard, but I also think the fact they’d done 4 shows in 6 years in Hyde Park contributed to it not selling out.