Bring back Blur

Zoo Music Girl

8 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Not sure if 2020 would be right for them just yet (or if they will be active) but i think they should get a bash at it before the next fallow if they have any desire to do it again. I can certainly see them being one of the next 12 pyramid headliners (2020-2023 inclusive)

I suspect there’s an open offer on the table for whenever Damon decides to get the lads back together.

3 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Think blur are a band that could easily come together quite quickly

It certainly seems that way.  Graham only does his solo thing, which doesn't seem to be taking up much time these days.  Dave has a standing agreement with his solicitors office* to give him time off to tour the world and by all accounts Alex spends his days in his country house eating cheese, practising bass and dreaming of the old days.

* To be fair I've no idea what constraints being a Norwich County Councillor has on your time.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It certainly seems that way.  Graham only does his solo thing, which doesn't seem to be taking up much time these days.  Dave has a standing agreement with his solicitors office* to give him time off to tour the world and by all accounts Alex spends his days in his country house eating cheese, practising bass and dreaming of the old days.

* To be fair I've no idea what constraints being a Norwich County Councillor has on your time.

I see Dave's been taking tips from Rees-Mogg on how his name should be written :D

29 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

If blur don't play we will get something from Damon next year, maybe a Graham and Damon show on the park although that may be dangerous with crowd size

Wasn't a particularly big crowd at GB&Q this year. Although that could've been timing. 6pm-ish is dinner time and with the heat a lot of people use the early evening to cool off, go back to the tent for supplies etc.

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Wasn't a particularly big crowd at GB&Q this year. Although that could've been timing. 6pm-ish is dinner time and with the heat a lot of people use the early evening to cool off, go back to the tent for supplies etc.

Yea but a lot of acts on around that time too and also people knew it wouldn't be blur songs 

If it was Graham and damon think it would be different 

Blur were the closing act of my first Glastonbury and I think they were more than partly responsible for me falling in love with the festival, 10 years ago.

I'd never experienced an atmosphere like that at a gig of festival before - it was electrifying, exciting and emotional.  When Damon shed a tear, I did too. 

Blur were from my teens, so hold a special place but I don't think any other Pyramid headline act has ever nailed it for me, quite like they did back then.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, nikkic said:

Would love it to happen. 

I chose The Prodigy that night as I had tickets for Hyde Park a few days after Glasto. 

It was the wrong choice. 

Aye i chose the prodigy, , they weren't at their best , but at least i got to see them once

One of the all time clashes but I was right up the front for The Prodigy, just behind Keef here and they were fucking great. Had waited 15 years to see them at Glasto. Lost my phone and about half a stone in sweat. 

giphy.gif

09 though, fuck me what a festival. 

Some people went to the Black Eyed Peas though.....