Bring back Blur

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

All the time in the world for arguments that it won't better 2009 and so on and so forth but fuck me we need those tunes in that field again

Watching 2009 footage tonight, drunk and emotional and cannot believe it was 10 years ago. Fuck 

I agree. It always makes me so awfully envious when I hear about that night. It can't be matched but surely it can maybe possibly be surpassed? ?

• Upvote 2

Yep, Blur are right at the top of my wishlist. They're one of the few bands left on my list to see, and it feels like a giant gaping hole that I've never seen them. Glastonbury and the 50th is ideal. 

If they're active next year, they're a shoe in surely.

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I agree. It always makes me so awfully envious when I hear about that night. It can't be matched but surely it can maybe possibly be surpassed? ?

It was so good. I stand by last night's drunk comments! 

Even if it's not surpassed I just want to sing along to those songs again. They were my first big band I was into and will always have a special place in my heart.

They're not even going to be active are they?

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They're not even going to be active are they?

I think there’s a decent chance they’ll reappear in the next year or two. All of Albarn’s other projects are finished or finishing and it’ll be five years since they were last active.

They certainly seem the type these days to get back together every five years or so.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Blur coming back is such a bad idea.

They already have a career-highlight, world-beating headline slot under their belts and they did that off the back of a reunion while indie rock was in its pomp so excitement levels were pretty high.

Nowadays, they haven’t really been away enough for it to be a reunion, had one bobbins album since and nobody really just sits down and listens to an old Blur album anymore, so they? This is where Radiohead and Blur have diverged when it comes to following up an all-timer headline set.

Best left alone.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I saw Blur in Hyde Park in 2015 and ever since I’ve prayed that they would do Glastonbury again.

I know 2009 is meant to be a legendary set but 2009 is a completely different audience now. I highly doubt they’ve decided never to do it again, probably just to give it a bit of time before it happens.

Radiohead and plenty of other bands have come back after career defining sets. I remember before 2017 we doubted whether they would want to do it again. These things do happen!

Glastonbury is a different beast now, I think it would be great to see Blur play to a newer Glastonbury audience. 

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Yep, Blur are right at the top of my wishlist. They're one of the few bands left on my list to see, and it feels like a giant gaping hole that I've never seen them. Glastonbury and the 50th is ideal. 

If they're active next year, they're a shoe in surely.

Same here, very few left to see on my wishlist, Blur high up on that list :(

Not wanting a band to play because they were good last time is very odd. There is another option... watch someone else.

If for example Stevie Wonder was back, I'd probably not watch him there again as I don't think it could be topped (especially not 10 years later as his voice weakens a bit) - but I'd definitely welcome him to play again.

I always comes across to me as when people say don't ruin the memory its because its a relatively exclusive thing, if Blur come back and smash it again it could potentially make the original memory a little less special and personal.

I might be wrong to be fair. I don't really agree with it either but its not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.