The Jar of Destiny!

lucyginger

Starting to look like WIND rather than rain could be the bigger issue this weekend.

Boardmasters just cancelled due to high winds. Nothing like that kind of wind predicted for Boomtown though. But still some fairly prolonged patches of 30-40mph strength during Friday and Saturday. At the very least enough to cause the sound technicians a headache at the main stages.

Just now, Sku said:

Starting to look like WIND rather than rain could be the bigger issue this weekend.

Boardmasters just cancelled due to high winds. Nothing like that kind of wind predicted for Boomtown though. But still some fairly prolonged patches of 30-40mph strength during Friday and Saturday. At the very least enough to cause the sound technicians a headache at the main stages.

Just about to post that:

Stay safe everyone!

it got very windy a few years ago when the CV field was where Whistlers Green is now.  The tail end of Hurricane Brenda (or whatever it was) came through and I spent about 4 hours holding the awning on the van down. The Town Centre stage was pretty fucked and the crew amazingly got it back up and running by late afternoon.  Tankus the Henge played an acoustic set in the crowd for their slot to ensure the show went on. Most of the rest of the site was OK and because it happened overnight / early morning they didn't have to close stages.

This will happen (if it does, I am bringing the Pilton Weather Witch so it may change) during the day, so they may close some stages.  If they do, shit happens, and in the words of the great philosopher "enjoy life and don't be a c*nt".

See you in the fields later.

Edited by pilton digger

On 8/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, pilton digger said:

If they do, shit happens, and in the words of the great philosopher "enjoy life and don't be a c*nt".

See you in the fields later.

My thoughts exactly. It's far from ideal, but a couple hours with the main stages closed during the worst of it is hardly the end of the world (if it even comes to that). Other than the storm passing through, the rest of the weather looks mostly OK. Everything before Friday morning, and after Saturday 3pm-ish looks fine.

I also remember the year when the Town Centre stage got a bit torn up by the wind, but they soon had the show back on.

Edited by Sku

7 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Weather report from up the A3 - some rain. Little blips coming through by the looks of the radar, fairly heavy but short-lived.

We had a blip earlier, me and my mate were out having a smoke and it rained quite heavily for about one minute then stopped! Keep the Faith, people! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

The final Jar of Destiny report!! I don’t think it rained overnight, it’s a bit cloudy and there’s been a spot of drizzle but that’s all:

70BB7ED1-AE85-46CC-8663-FBC900E95953.jpeg

Great nails! See ya soon ?

p.s. don't forget the wind sock....just incase we can't tell which way we're blowing away