Jump to content
Lycra

Chances of getting tickets for 2020 - A Collective Assessment by Individual Experience

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Lycra said:

 So in an attempt to inform newcomers...

- how easy do you find if to get tickets

Tell them that Sunday mornings are for sleeping.  Shouldn't waste their time and energy on an impossible task. 🤐

I'm not normally a dishonest nor self serving fucko. But special times need special laws. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Tell them that Sunday mornings are for sleeping.  Shouldn't waste their time and energy on an impossible task. 🤐

I'm not normally a dishonest nor self serving fucko. But special times need special laws. 😂

I'm pretty sure I read "Thou shalt not use thine internet at 09.00 on the Sabbath" in the Bible somewhere, probably towards the back.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only been up and aiming to get tickets on a T-Day twice so far. 2017 resale and 2019 main. Didn't see the ticket page on either, but friends/relatives pulled through on both occasions. Probably didn't really deserve either of my tickets, as I hadn't tried in the main for 2017 and was insanely hungover to the point where I had no chance for 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm pretty sure I read "Thou shalt not use thine internet at 09.00 on the Sabbath" in the Bible somewhere, probably towards the back.

I didn't attend Sunday school as Sunday morning was for sleeping. So I  can not back up your statement.  But I'm so confident you are correct I'm not even gonna Google it. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 out of 14, but that’s only due to insane determination, desperation and mania. I’m not really exaggerating either. 

Apart from all that, it’s part luck, part a numbers game. If one had 20 friends all trying for your ticket it would be a doddle I guess. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few years of lurking on here, I'll be actually trying to get tickets this year. Can only imagine it'll be stressful but hoping with 6 of us trying plus hopefully a couple more family members should have a decent chance.

Is there any strategy or just on and refresh and hope for the best? (sorry this has probs been asked a million times before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

After a few years of lurking on here, I'll be actually trying to get tickets this year. Can only imagine it'll be stressful but hoping with 6 of us trying plus hopefully a couple more family members should have a decent chance.

Is there any strategy or just on and refresh and hope for the best? (sorry this has probs been asked a million times before.

Basically. Although, I think you ca actually refresh the page too much... - can anyone confirm? 

Just try to utilise as many devices as possible, be prepared with required info and have the funds ready.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

The last time I got through to buy my own ticket was 2009.  In all that time I've only got through once more, to get someone else a ticket in the coach resale in 2016.

I keep thinking my luck must change, but it doesn't.  Thankfully others have been more successful on my behalf.

Does it really count as getting through in 2009? They were on sale for like 3 months ahah.

 

I've been every year since '09 besides '13 (where out of desperation a mate from uni was sure he could get me a ticket for £300. He did not).

2010 I remember getting a ticket when they had a random secret resale in like November or something? I'd been lurking here for a couple of months prior and it led to that, been back most days since.

 

I'm not ready to start stressing about this yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Basically. Although, I think you ca actually refresh the page too much... - can anyone confirm? 

Just try to utilise as many devices as possible, be prepared with required info and have the funds ready.  

Correct- refresh too rapidly and it seems you can end up on a decoy holding page that leads to nowhere- I remember one year after getting tickets I noticed one of my browsers was still on the queuing page, going through the countdown and returning to 20 seconds (or whatever it is), forever more, despite the tickets all having sold out ages before.

I'm not sure if this is scientifically proven, but more anecdotal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I miss out I miss out.

The Ivan Drago approach to ticket day- I like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first year was 2014 which felt fairly simple - I knew nothing of the horror of ticket day until 2016 as we seemed to get in easily in 2015, too.

2016 I managed to get us tickets in the dying minutes on my mobile and 2017 we had a big group so all managed to get them. We did get some for our friends in resale, too. 2019 one of our groups got through, mine never. At least 1 of our groups has always got through, though. Was resigned to not going then won tickets off here - god bless and long live eFestivals :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

My first year was 2014 which felt fairly simple - I knew nothing of the horror of ticket day until 2016 as we seemed to get in easily in 2015, too.

2016 I managed to get us tickets in the dying minutes on my mobile and 2017 we had a big group so all managed to get them. We did get some for our friends in resale, too. 2019 one of our groups got through, mine never. At least 1 of our groups has always got through, though. Was resigned to not going then won tickets off here - god bless and long live eFestivals :D 

if in doubt efests wins out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried 2016 general, 2016 resale, 2016 general, 2017 resale, 2019 general, 2019 coach resale, then finally, for the first time, succeeded in the 2019 resale.

 

Safe to say my ticket-buying technique was slightly more up to scratch after the first couple of years of failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Tell them that Sunday mornings are for sleeping.  Shouldn't waste their time and energy on an impossible task. 🤐

I'm not normally a dishonest nor self serving fucko. But special times need special laws. 😂

Sometimes I feel like we're our own victims and worst enemies rolled into one. We come back each year and tell everyone have good it is.....and also give them loads of advice how to get tickets. 

Note to self.....stop being nice 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The Ivan Drago approach to ticket day- I like it

Me at 09.00 that Sunday morning...

4CB5CD27-5572-4F40-8C92-6AF6E9D36E92.jpeg

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having witnessed the increasing difficulty of getting tickets I would be surprised to the odds now are much worse than 50/50....and maybe less than 1 in 4. 

In 2018/19 I was the only 1 out of 16 to get onto the booking site. Sadly it hung during registration confirmation and threw me out (back or reloading from history  did not work either). Think 7of the remaining 15 never got passed the white screen of death onto the holding page!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im still wondering if they will employ the partial ballot /lottery emily talked of .... dont want to panic anyone :) :( im sure we would have heard something by now ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been to the last 6 and bought my ticket each time, twice in main, once coach and three resales. However, I seem to be only one from my group who gets through so I know the luck will run out. Just hoping not this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have managed to get tickets every time of trying (five out of five). Technically a friend failed on my behalf in the 2017 resale but I was drunk when I agreed to them trying for me and wouldn't have actually been able to go so I consider that failure a blessing.

It helps that we have a large group (20+) and are very organised. I think this year we had four groups of six trying for tickets and three out of four got them first time around, either in the coach sale or in the general sale. Think that's the first time we didn't have a 100% success rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, srb said:

Have been to the last 6 and bought my ticket each time, twice in main, once coach and three resales. However, I seem to be only one from my group who gets through so I know the luck will run out. Just hoping not this year 

similar .. its about time my friends had a lucky run I keep thinking :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Im still wondering if they will employ the partial ballot /lottery emily talked of .... dont want to panic anyone :) :( im sure we would have heard something by now ? 

I'm sure a ballot would be worse tbh. At least on ticket day it somewhat rewards those who have their shit together on a Sunday morning. Any ballot would be full of random chancers just taking a punt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maelzoid said:

I'm sure a ballot would be worse tbh. At least on ticket day it somewhat rewards those who have their shit together on a Sunday morning. Any ballot would be full of random chancers just taking a punt.

absolutely for definite I hope it was immediately scrapped ... but it was mentioned at the time ... also hope the system doesn't kick out at payment stage which is the one stage that is particularly cruel , which she also said she would be talking to see about :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with a ballot is that most people don't go on their own but as part of a larger group, of family or of friends.  The current method (allowing booking of up to six people) pretty much guarantees couples and small groups, at least, will get to go together.  In a ballot it's everyone for themselves.  What happens if I get lucky but Mrs BP doesn't?  Or even worse, if she gets lucky and I don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked out if everyone bought 6 tickets when they got through then it would sell out in 23,500 transactions. It’s not a Massive number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...