Chances of getting tickets for 2020 - A Collective Assessment by Individual Experience

Lycra

Hopefully this will not anger the ticket gods for 2020...

Setup : Virginmedia 100Mb,  Windows laptop - IE, Windows PC - Chrome, Mac laptop - Safari + O2 iPhone.

• 2010 : Main sale within 10 minutes, friends got to booking page to get "registration Nos used" as I'd got them already.
  • 2011 : Friends in Kiev got our tickets within 15 minutes - we didn't get off holding page.
  • 2012 : Fallow year.
  • 2013 : Epic fail, didn't get past white screen of death, friends stuck on holding page (missed out on the server hack trick). 
  • 2014 Main sale within 5 minutes, got in again straight after and got another batch of 6 for friends, then again and got 2 more for randoms on forum.
  • 2015 : Friends in Spain got our tickets within 15 minutes, we got to booking page to get "registration Nos used" message shortly afterwards.
  • 2016 Main sale within 20 minutes, using 3G dongle and phone sim as home broadband was broken.
  • 2017 : White screen of death on Main sale, Got ticket on resale in a record 3 minutes from kick off.
  • 2018 : Fallow year.
  • 2019 : Main sale within 20 minutes VPN'd into work on laptop and also got booking page up on home PC at same time. Got 2 tickets for randoms at work in resale.
  • 2020 : Hoping we've lucky as after 9 tickets for next year.
Edited by Penrhos

Based on my experience of a large group of friends and acquaintances trying for tickets in 2019, each individual had roughly a 1 in 12 chance of getting through if they were 100% trying throughout the main sale (as about half of our groups were successful).

With the added popularity and hype for 2020, I reckon the chances will be about 1 in 20.

5 hours ago, stuie said:

A friend caused us all to not get tickets in the main sale couple of years back by secretly being in another group who were successful. 

By the time we'd tried again, realised and removed him it was too late and tickets sold out*

*of course that may have happened anyway, but we'll never know.

They must be exterminated. By the most painful manner you can think of. I'd start with the toe nails and work your way up. Fucking heathens.

I'd still exterminate even with the possibility of it not being their fault. A suitable warning to others. ?

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

They must be exterminated. By the most painful manner you can think of. I'd start with the toe nails and work your way up. Fucking heathens.

I'd still exterminate even with the possibility of it not being their fault. A suitable warning to others. ?

That’s sounds extreme!! ?

But yeah, he isn’t in our primary ticket groups these days! 

3 hours ago, doogie said:

Based on my experience of a large group of friends and acquaintances trying for tickets in 2019, each individual had roughly a 1 in 12 chance of getting through if they were 100% trying throughout the main sale (as about half of our groups were successful).

With the added popularity and hype for 2020, I reckon the chances will be about 1 in 20.

Your odds don’t exactly fill me with confidence! 

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

That’s sounds extreme!! ?

But yeah, he isn’t in our primary ticket groups these days! 

Got gazumped by a chum last ticket day. I may have issues as our group of twelve, now ten, didn't get to go.Turned out my chum and daughter had spread themselves between several groups. So many that they couldn't possibly of helped all that they had promised too. But they got their tickets. 

She's still alive and well but will never be invited back. ?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

i wouldn't place too much on those odds ... they look way out to me 

It might just be wishful thinking on my part but I think too much emphasis is being placed on the amount of people trying on ticket day. It’s always over subscribed so, as has been the way for some time now, it will be pot luck as you hammer f5. The resale will be harder though. I can’t see many going back in the pot if the rumours about headliners come to fruition. 

Roll on October, what will be will be!