Chances of getting tickets for 2020 - A Collective Assessment by Individual Experience

Lycra

I've been asked a few times recently by persons wanting to do Glasto 2020 about the ease/Chances of getting tickets. My normal reply of "very difficult but not impossible" is coloured by my own personal experience and that of my social circle. So in an attempt to inform newcomers...

- how easy do you find if to get tickets?

- how successful have you been in the past?

The last time I got through to buy my own ticket was 2009.  In all that time I've only got through once more, to get someone else a ticket in the coach resale in 2016.

I keep thinking my luck must change, but it doesn't.  Thankfully others have been more successful on my behalf.

We tried a few years ago and didn’t get a sniff but it was an half arsed attempt. 

This year we did it properly with a number of devices on different networks and got through after about 10 min. 

I fully expect not to get anything this time around so success is a bonus. 

Oh it was only two of us going and also trying for a ticket. 

I'm 7 for 7, always on either first coach sale or first main sale. Never had to go to resale or beg/steal/borrow my way in. Tickets have always been either got by me or one of my group, not through extended friends, family or online groups.

Same as Hugh, luck will run out soon. And I'm cool with that.

For the record, I've been to 5 of the last 11 festivals. The first 4 on the bounce. Had a few years off and really noticed the difference when I started trying to get tickets again. It had become much much harder. No luck in 15, 16 and 2019 but one of our group managed to get tickets for 2017.

No one in my circle of 16 Glasto friends got tickets for 2019 ?

Edited by Lycra

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Was 12 and 0, recently got rescued by resale on number 12. This year was a strike out. ? Sooner.

Meant to ask you dude, have you still got the full Forrest Gump hair and beard thing going on?  Pretty sure I saw you wandering around, but as everyone thought you didn't have a ticket at that stage I didn't wander over to say hi!

Even at Glastonbury it's a look that stands out, but as far as I knew you weren't going!

51 minutes ago, Quark said:

Meant to ask you dude, have you still got the full Forrest Gump hair and beard thing going on?  Pretty sure I saw you wandering around, but as everyone thought you didn't have a ticket at that stage I didn't wander over to say hi!

Even at Glastonbury it's a look that stands out, but as far as I knew you weren't going!

I did!! ?

We've been lucky enough to go to 9 of the last 10. Got tickets from 2008 to 2013 in main sale and assumed others who failed weren't trying hard enough. Then got nowhere in 2014 main and resale  (this was before I knew about efests or secret resales). 2015 we got tickets in the secret sale and I've seen every one we've been to since as an absolute  privilege. Always got our own entry tickets,  even when trying in groups with the lovely folks on here.

Edited by dizzymoo

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Ah what a shame! I had to keep radio silence on here as none of my mates knew I'd sorted something. Ended up blowing their mind checking their tickets. 

Yeah, saw that update. Proper happy for you bud, would have been lovely to come say hi but always next year ;)

Remember in 2008 when Neil posted the tickets link hours before the official sale, and it worked well before 9am? I do as it was the only year I didn't check the site early as I was working at a youth hostel and had to sort out breakfast, so missed it!

Possibly the most simple, stress free ticket buying year for a lot of people on the boards at the time. Then it didn't even end up selling out until just before the festival itself. Good times! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve been 13 times, so have been pretty lucky in recent years - either me or one of my mates have managed to get through, sometimes straight away, sometimes at the very last minute.

Fully accept that my luck will run out sooner or later.

I fear publishing my track record on this thread will jinx me on ticket day

ive done 14 festivals,  only missed one since 2003 as id gone travelling and only returned the week before the 2009 festival so I made no effort to get tickets that year . Ive been very lucky with tickets over the years ... Ive purchased them myself on many occasions with my friends not getting a sniff .. ive had them bought for me twice by people from this forum ... ive got them myself in resales and secret sales ... Ive won the chance to buy tickets with western daily press and won a pair of tickets also with western daily press .... Im amazingly lucky with competitions :) and Glastonbury tickets 14 from 14 

This thread is already giving me the

F. estival

E. ntry

A. nxiety

R. eaction

It doesn't help that I realised last week that I'll be out of the country for ticket day so will have to lug my laptop with me, in addition to roping in all of my non-festival going friends!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I miss out I miss out.

Ditto.

It's a liberating feeling.  As much as I love it, at the end of the day it's only a music festival (at least for me).  Building it up beyond that just means that when the day comes you miss out it's absolutely crushing. Take that away and most of the associated stress is gone :)

• Upvote 1