Kylie Crowd Size

rosieangel

Our plan was to watch Kylie for a bit of Nostalgia before mooching round to the other for Loyle Carner.

We were on the hill on the right to wards the back speaker thinking we could just jib down at any point, the wife said near the end 

"Shall we make a move"

I said

"look..... not a fucking chance, that's an hours walk"

gutted i missed Carner but i thought Miley was great who I normally wouldnt have watched.

I was a bit further forward for Richie but the field felt similar.. either way that field looked and felt wonderful on the Sunday which is how it should be .....

Edited by Stretlow

On 7/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got to the back too late and it was rammed so gave up and headed to Avalon to see skinny lister they were brilliant! With the added bonus of more than a few beers at the inn. 

I had no interest in seeing Kylie and normally swerve the legends slot to enjoy the quiet time it gives elsewhere on site, but this year I'd caught a couple of gigs with my son and we'd grabbed some lunch after.  He was going to Kylie to meet up with his mates for the evening so I did the walk with him and ate my lunch at the back for the first couple of songs before wandering off for aforementioned peace and quiet on a sunny Glastonbury Sunday.  Nice day.

I remember walking up towards Lionel and thinking fuck it, I'm not fighting through that.  Kylie was manageable.  Both times standing facing the sun in the mid afternoon was a factor in my decision making though, to be fair.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kylie-Miley pit was a taps aff smorgasbord of lgbtqia realness.

This just keeps on growing doesn't it!  As a member of the LGBTQ community, I just had to google it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely rammo. Only time I've seen anything close to animosity - when leaving the set (a bit early), we were walking down the right-hand side by that green wall/treeline towards the bogs at the bottom. Absolute horrendous bottleneck, and some people being idiots pushing about in the queue. People were so hot and bothered, a few cross words were exchanged. That in itself made me sad, I will definitely keep more to the edge for legend slots I attend in future, we only started in the middle/back by the tree so we had a good view for Big Dave. Think maybe it was a line-up thing as well in that there wasn't much else of broad/family appeal on elsewhere at the same time, so all of the Sunday crowd were just in this one spot.

• 2 months later...