Kylie Crowd Size

rosieangel

Was the estimate for Kylie's crowd ever mentioned/confirmed at all?

The FT put it at 100,000 but I don't know if this is based on anything. https://www.ft.com/content/af6b830a-9c07-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

Watching her set back on iPlayer the crowd looked absolutely ginormous, would be interested to see how it ranked with Dolly, Lionel etc

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having been in the pit for all three, Kylie was by far the most packed  - but that's at least partly due to the (unused) platform / walkway decreasing the available space.

This caused a bottle neck getting in, made worse by people waiting for Sir David. Once he had said his bit and gone people moved off again and crowds moved in and the bottle neck moved a bit. Just beyond where we got stuck (next to the platform) there were quite big open spaces. 

People could just not get to them as those ahead were not looking behind them.

We also had a family sitting on the floor with full on picnic right in the narrowed entrance!!!!! Plenty asked them to move, they carried on with their picnic.

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why was Kylie this crowded?

At Rock Werchter she played in a (albeit big) tent and even that place wasn't crammed. She's not a AAA-list pop star at all. And she's not even British. I just don't get it. I'm not British myself, so I might be missing something here.

She may not be British herself but she is, and has been, immensely popular over here for decades. She’s seen very much as an institution.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Just enjoyed RRC at Kendal calling.  Seen them a few times now and like the cut of their jib.

I hope they go on to live long and prosper as musicians

Loving the album and their live sets at festivals seem to be going down really well. Hoping they go on to be huge.

I had to race around from BBC introducing and the pathway in front of Hawkswell and Rowmead was down to Single file movement 15 minutes before the start as the crowd had overflowed onto the paths. Not sure how unusual that is for the main acts, but I certainly had no trouble going the same route from John Peel when the Cure was on.

It was super dense right at the back around the Ice Cream trucks as well. Took a good 20 minutes to move about 30 metres in where my friends were