Deer Lodge Rip off

Katie_Fr

I would like to leave the review about our stay in Deer Lodge, wouldn't recommend it to anyone, just an absolute waste of money.

Deer Lodge is not an exclusive area at all, it was combined with the Tangerine Fields and Great Plains, people fro Emperors Fields could enter it as well. I guess anyone could enter really if they wanted to, we haven't been asked to show our pass even once.

Toilets and all facilities were shared with everyone who stayed in Great Plains and Tangerine Fields. 80% of the time the toilets were unbearable, dirty and clogged up to the top, not what you really expect from the boutique camping. We complained a few times to the reception, but all they could say was that they knew about the problem, noone resolved the problem. First time I complained about the toilet on Saturday morning, and was told that noone is going to clean the toilet for me so early, was offered to go into the compost toilets.

We had a luxury bell tent with the bed frame, which broke down on Saturday night (we are not overweight), so the quality of the frame was very poor, have seen the same problem at some neighbours. Bell tents were placed on the slope, so it wasn't a comfortable sleep either. There was a lake of mud in front of the reception tent, I wonder why they couldn't place a little bit of bark chip in front. Noone really seemed bother. 

We stayed in Emperors fields before, and they are so much better located. The walk and the slope to the Arena is much longer than from Emperors field.

We are so much disappointed about our stay in Deer Lodge, we expected something nice, but it all turned out greedy and terribly organised, not going to come back ever and wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in this so called boutique area.

I have to admit, for the amount of money people pay for Deer Lodge, after the stuff you officially pay for (beds, pre-erected tent etc), you get very basic stuff after that.  Paying nearly a grand for a luxury bell tent, my bed also collapsed on several occasions, you just had to make sure in the end you slept on the edges of the bed, so in a double bed, neither of us could go anywhere near the middle.  The so called mattress they provide you with was no better than an air bed (probably worse), and the pillows next to useless.  They tell you all these great things that are included, but they are really the most basic of basic stuff you get.  The mattress was not very thick at all, which is basically the main aspect you pay for.  As for the toilets, again, when you pay such a huge price for staying in deer lodge, they need to upgrade the toilet facilities, in my opinion, closer to what you get when you pay for Posh Privy.  For the amount people pay for Deer Lodge, the penny pinching is absolutely shocking.  When you count the amount of luxury bell tents, there were lots of them alone, there's tens of thousands of pounds they've made already, before we even count the podpads, octopads, tipis etc.  They are raking it in, and you get very little in return.  I'm fairly sure they could afford to give you 2 pillows each and a proper mattress, with some better shower facilities (and more of them) and better toilets (and more of them).  I'm afraid to say they do seem very greedy in taking what are large amounts of money for 4 nights stay, for very little in return.

On the plus side, it was quiet, I got plenty of sleep for the first time at a festival, it was dry in the tent in such horrendous conditions.  However I will not be going back to this or any other festival, but this is more to do with me not being able to be arsed anymore with the whole hassle of festivals.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:09 AM, glendvd said:

I have to admit, for the amount of money people pay for Deer Lodge, after the stuff you officially pay for (beds, pre-erected tent etc), you get very basic stuff after that.  Paying nearly a grand for a luxury bell tent, my bed also collapsed on several occasions, you just had to make sure in the end you slept on the edges of the bed, so in a double bed, neither of us could go anywhere near the middle.  The so called mattress they provide you with was no better than an air bed (probably worse), and the pillows next to useless.  They tell you all these great things that are included, but they are really the most basic of basic stuff you get.  The mattress was not very thick at all, which is basically the main aspect you pay for.  As for the toilets, again, when you pay such a huge price for staying in deer lodge, they need to upgrade the toilet facilities, in my opinion, closer to what you get when you pay for Posh Privy.  For the amount people pay for Deer Lodge, the penny pinching is absolutely shocking.  When you count the amount of luxury bell tents, there were lots of them alone, there's tens of thousands of pounds they've made already, before we even count the podpads, octopads, tipis etc.  They are raking it in, and you get very little in return.  I'm fairly sure they could afford to give you 2 pillows each and a proper mattress, with some better shower facilities (and more of them) and better toilets (and more of them).  I'm afraid to say they do seem very greedy in taking what are large amounts of money for 4 nights stay, for very little in return.

On the plus side, it was quiet, I got plenty of sleep for the first time at a festival, it was dry in the tent in such horrendous conditions.  However I will not be going back to this or any other festival, but this is more to do with me not being able to be arsed anymore with the whole hassle of festivals.