2019 Highlights

Comfy Bean

27 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Top 3 highlights for me:

Courteeners - not a fan but really enjoyed their set

Smiths Limited - Great little sing along in the House Party

Orbital - Great start to the festival

saw more bands in smaller tents this year which was great

We went along to see the Smiths Ltd. Well that was the plan. Guess who forgot that Houseparty moved a couple of years ago ?

I also enjoyed the Courteeners. 

Highlights - Paul Smith, Reg Hunter and Josh Widdecombe in soapbox on Saturday. Spent 3 dry hours in there sat at the front.

The Lathums in Tim Peaks on Sunday were superb. I only knew one song before I went but it was good to see such young lads having the time of they’re lives with massive grins on they’re faces throughout.

Low points - Tom Jones, I just felt his set went on a lot longer than it needed to. 

Missing Doves due to the rain. We went to Idles who were good but I was so looking forward to the return of Doves but couldn’t handle another soaking.

Queen Zee - in House Party - best band of the festival 

Honorable mentions - Calva Louise, Billy Mitchell, Rascalton, Black Futures, Emily Capell, Idles, Dream Wife, Crystal, Hands Off Gretal,  and Red Rum Club. 

Free Lamb bar - great curry on Sunday. 

Most Disappointing - Tom Jones - got it all wrong - just play the hits Tom. 

Edited by dunx747

22 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Seeing a rather mashed up Kyle Falconer in the Arena Sunday afternoon barefoot 

A41BB606-37A6-48CB-BC96-34A5131ED670.jpeg

But did he have the same jeans on?

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Red Rum Club Saturday lunchtime. Thanks to Thurlow of this parish for the heads up.

Oh and @bottonrob for organising the catch up. Always fun and although my legs are killing me I’ll maybe see you next year. No doubt you’ll be still wearing that bloody safari outfit ?

My highlight of the weekend - blew me away!!!

Sneaking booze in was one of the easiest things of that sort I've ever done. I just wandered in with a water bottle with vodka on the Saturday and Sunday and they were fine with it.

EDIT: Calling it sneaking is an insult to sneaking.

Edited by DomDom1984

Arkells

Orbital 

Beans

Nile Rodgers and Chic

Courteeners 

Absolute highlight is the few hours we spent at Woodlands Saturday night...

...Twisted Wheel, Fleetmac Wood (who were incredible) and a couple of hours at the silent disco. Completely piss wet through despite waterproofs, totally drunk after running out of smuggled JD and absolutely skint buying silly amounts of cocktails. Random dancing with strangers and my 24 year old son who still loves the festival scene with his Ma is priceless ❤