Barnabylike

Ynot Festival 2020

1 hour ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

First time posting on this thread. I have been a regular at Latitude since 2014. The line-up has continually moved away from what I am into and so I am now looking at other options. Truck would probably be a good alternative but the dates don't work. YNot's line up looks great: BBC. Richard Ashcroft, Ash, Shed7, Levellers ... I appreciate it's a very different festival to Latitude and wondered if anyone had any advice? What do I need to know? There would be three of us - three blokes in their late 30s. How long does it take to get a drink? Does the campsite divide into different areas (loud and quiet)? I have heard horror stories about the rain - have those issues been sorted?

Any advice, much appreciated.

The main arena is pretty small in comparison to other festivals.

Drink queue times have never really been a major issue, I'd say maybe 10/15 minute waits, but then during the evening maybe anywhere up to 30/40 mins - but there are plenty of bars about and available. 

Family camping is the most quiet out of all the campsites, however in terms of the regular ones the closer to the arena you are the louder they are - Misty Mountain and Black Dog are the loudest and rowdiest out of them all. But there isn't really anything splitting noise up otherwise. 

In terms of rain, last year had minor improvements, but it was still a shit show in terms of mud, barely any wood chippings were put down, and a lot of people left Sunday morning - I'd hope they improve it this year, and do the wood chippings to the extent Leeds does, otherwise prepare for it to be pretty muddy!

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

In terms of rain, last year had minor improvements, but it was still a shit show in terms of mud, barely any wood chippings were put down, and a lot of people left Sunday morning - I'd hope they improve it this year, and do the wood chippings to the extent Leeds does, otherwise prepare for it to be pretty muddy!

Hasn't it now returned to its original owner so there may well be more improvements rather than  the cuts made by the last lot?

15 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hasn't it now returned to its original owner so there may well be more improvements rather than  the cuts made by the last lot?

Not exactly. The new owner used to work for the company that founded the festival. I think he was there from the beginning though. 

The new owner looks to have borrowed money from Global to keep the event going, so I wouldn't be expecting improvements. It's an independent event not backed by a big company anymore. 

Edited by JBarbour

15 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I believe so, but as said above, I doubt we will see many changes (if any)