Ynot Festival 2020

Barnabylike

12 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

I'm starting to wonder if UK festival organisers, including Y Not, should probably start communicating a bit with ticket holders about this bloody coronavirus situ...

what can they say? They can't guarantee it'll go ahead.

Saying nothing is the same as saying that they continue to hope it'll be going ahead.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what can they say? They can't guarantee it'll go ahead.

Saying nothing is the same as saying that they continue to hope it'll be going ahead.

Not sure, hence the 'starting the wonder' comment - but it's a worthy discussion topic I think (in the sense of will they or should they address it and how).

2 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

Not sure, hence the 'starting the wonder' comment - but it's a worthy discussion topic I think (in the sense of will they or should they address it and how).

It's a bit of a pointless discussion really. We all know the possibility of being forced to cancel is out there, but none of us know if that's going to happen. There's not really anything that can be added to that.

Edited by eFestivals

11 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Nah, I reckon they have one booked but have chosen to save them back to build a bit of hype. If they were struggling to book a headliner, they could’ve just bumped up Bombay, given they’re headlining Truck and APE. They’ve always had that insurance policy.

You'd be surprised how many festivals have struggled to secure a top tier line up this year including ones backed by huge promoters. It could well be the case they've held back a headliner, but it wouldn't be Y Not's choice. It will be an act that has a tour to sell out or an album to announce first. Or they simply didn't have an act secured at the time of the first announcement. 

You'd want peoples money as quick as possible before they book another festival, their is a lot of competition for Y Not, so its not in their interest to hold back announcement for too long. 

53 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

You'd be surprised how many festivals have struggled to secure a top tier line up this year including ones backed by huge promoters. It could well be the case they've held back a headliner, but it wouldn't be Y Not's choice. It will be an act that has a tour to sell out or an album to announce first. Or they simply didn't have an act secured at the time of the first announcement. 

You'd want peoples money as quick as possible before they book another festival, their is a lot of competition for Y Not, so its not in their interest to hold back announcement for too long. 

Yeah, I’m aware that happens for a lot of festivals, and it could very well happen to Y Not. However, I think if it had happened in this particular scenario they’d have held back locking in a borderline sub/headline act like Bombay by announcing them as a sub. Means they don’t have the option to bump them up if they can’t find a decent third headliner. They’re already headlining Truck, so they’re perfectly acceptable in that slot, so I think if Y Not had no third headliner booked they would’ve held them back.

5 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Yeah, I’m aware that happens for a lot of festivals, and it could very well happen to Y Not. However, I think if it had happened in this particular scenario they’d have held back locking in a borderline sub/headline act like Bombay by announcing them as a sub. Means they don’t have the option to bump them up if they can’t find a decent third headliner. They’re already headlining Truck, so they’re perfectly acceptable in that slot, so I think if Y Not had no third headliner booked they would’ve held them back.

That wouldn't make sense. Holding back more of the line up just incase you can't get a headliner. Festivals announce in a time period agreed on by agents and the promoter. The aim of the game is to sell out as quickly as possible. They've kept back a third headliner either because they were late in securing the act or the act has restricted the announcement. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Sad but no surprise is it? Correct decision. Come on @JBarbour now that it’s over, did you know who any of the unannounced acts were (mainly the Thursday and Friday headliners)? Just give us some enjoyment at this rubbish time pls lol

Nah mate sorry. No info on any further names for this. 

I did get some info on another 3 festivals similar to Y Not that canceling next though. Not that hard to guess, and can more or less right this summer of festivals off now, no surprise really. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I did get some info on another 3 festivals similar to Y Not that canceling next though. Not that hard to guess, and can more or less right this summer of festivals off now, no surprise really. 

Its a shame but no surprise, any idea of tramlines is gonna switch back to being before ynot next year or are they going to clash?

17 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Kendal, truck, standon, tramlines? 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:44 AM, Samjones said:

Its a shame but no surprise, any idea of tramlines is gonna switch back to being before ynot next year or are they going to clash?

I havent heard any plans to switch Tramlines or Truck dates again. Its a strange move from Y Not considering its an independent festival to go on the same weekend as Kendal. Tramlines, Truck, Camp Bestival.... Its a busy old weekend for festivals with similar demography 

• Upvote 1

The ynot, truck and Tramlines relationship is an odd one in a way to me. They seem to be close to each other on socials and share many acts and despite being independent if you didn't know any better you would be mistaken for still be part of the same ownership group.

On the dates I think that ynot have traditionally always been the last weekend of July. I think that they are just doing there own thing now and at the same time repositioning to a more older/family audience going by this year's line up.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:03 PM, Zebes said:

The ynot, truck and Tramlines relationship is an odd one in a way to me. They seem to be close to each other on socials and share many acts and despite being independent if you didn't know any better you would be mistaken for still be part of the same ownership group.

They share the same freelance booker. Don't know if things will change going forward. 

Tramlines and Truck share the same in house marketing team. 

The social teams are still the same as they have been for the past few years I believe. I know Tramlines def still use the same freelancer.

• 2 weeks later...