Ynot Festival 2020

Barnabylike

Bucking the trend a bit...I actually really like the line-up. Haven't been to Y Not for about 5 years. Last time I went it seemed to be full of pissed up teens. Is that still the general vibe? Gonna be a lot easier sell to my other half if it has magically transformed into a kid friendly paradise for a 4 year old.

Anybody been recently who can give us an idea?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Yeah pretty much just muddy fields and pissed up teens...

Mind you the arena isn't as bad... Mainly the campsites, as people just get drunk in their own camps then will venture out later in the evening.

Last year me and my group only saw Easy Life, Gerry Cinnamon, Mahalia, Sea Girls, Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, Jax Jones and Mike Skinner for the entire event. 

If you camp in family camping it won't be that bad, but honestly I wouldn't worry too much, it's got quite a nice atmosphere for a festival and much better for younger children than the likes of Leeds. 

Hope this helps

Yeah thats really useful, thanks. Think I'll give it a swerve (with the babby at least) and stick to Bearded and Beautiful Days etc. 

It's going to be interesting to see who they add to the next line up announcement after what was a fairly negative reaction from the dark fruits brigade. I think that the line up is more a reflection of the organisers now positioning the festival at a more family friendly event like it used to be than one where there's loads of pissed up/drugged up kids

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zebes said:

It's going to be interesting to see who they add to the next line up announcement after what was a fairly negative reaction from the dark fruits brigade. I think that the line up is more a reflection of the organisers now positioning the festival at a more family friendly event like it used to be than one where there's loads of pissed up/drugged up kids

Lets hope so because that suits me just fine. 🧓  Personally I think its a pretty good lineup and they are yet to announce Thurs (I think) and Friday headliners.  Hoping for Blossoms or Chemical Brothers as I can't see it been Catfish, Madness (dear god no) or Stereophonics as alll have headlined recently.

12 hours ago, metalgearcol said:

Lets hope so because that suits me just fine. 🧓  Personally I think its a pretty good lineup and they are yet to announce Thurs (I think) and Friday headliners.  Hoping for Blossoms or Chemical Brothers as I can't see it been Catfish, Madness (dear god no) or Stereophonics as alll have headlined recently.

I agree, the line up for me is much better for this year than last year's but I guess everyone has different tastes. I think that the fri headliner might depend on how well tickets are selling. If sales are down they could play it fairly safe and go with a Stereophonics or similar band that will likely shift some numbers. I think catfish are unlikely with being quite recent (unfortunately) so wouldn't at all be surprised with someone like supergrass, blossoms or maybe even feeder

Seven of us have signed up for this, inc. Glamping so should be a great weekend. 

After missing out on Glasto tickets were looking around for the next best festival and this appears to be it. Plus it is less than an hour away so that is a massive bonus. 

It would appear the general trend on quality at festivals has only gone down over time. Gone are the days where you would see 'Stadium' bands night after night. Now it appears that festivals are booking a couple of 'Arena' bands and filling the rest up with regular festival stuff. 

Edited by DanWhite

First time posting on this thread. I have been a regular at Latitude since 2014. The line-up has continually moved away from what I am into and so I am now looking at other options. Truck would probably be a good alternative but the dates don't work. YNot's line up looks great: BBC. Richard Ashcroft, Ash, Shed7, Levellers ... I appreciate it's a very different festival to Latitude and wondered if anyone had any advice? What do I need to know? There would be three of us - three blokes in their late 30s. How long does it take to get a drink? Does the campsite divide into different areas (loud and quiet)? I have heard horror stories about the rain - have those issues been sorted?

Any advice, much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

In terms of rain, last year had minor improvements, but it was still a shit show in terms of mud, barely any wood chippings were put down, and a lot of people left Sunday morning - I'd hope they improve it this year, and do the wood chippings to the extent Leeds does, otherwise prepare for it to be pretty muddy!

Hasn't it now returned to its original owner so there may well be more improvements rather than  the cuts made by the last lot?

15 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hasn't it now returned to its original owner so there may well be more improvements rather than  the cuts made by the last lot?

Not exactly. The new owner used to work for the company that founded the festival. I think he was there from the beginning though. 

The new owner looks to have borrowed money from Global to keep the event going, so I wouldn't be expecting improvements. It's an independent event not backed by a big company anymore. 

Edited by JBarbour

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Anybody have any ideas on when the Thursday and Friday Headliners will be announced and more importantly, who they will be?

The longer it goes on the more I think they will bump a sub up to headliner and back fill.

Mid March for the second wave announcement usually. No idea who it will be, but I refuse to believe they would bump a sub to headline the Friday given how much shit they've received over the lineup so far.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

You just guessing or you know anything?

I know nothing. But based on when Truck did the same thing (Same organisers/bookers, I believe) the third headliner they announced turned out to be Courteeners, which was a pretty massive booking. Feel like Y Not will pull something similar out of the bag.

6 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I know nothing. But based on when Truck did the same thing (Same organisers/bookers, I believe) the third headliner they announced turned out to be Courteeners, which was a pretty massive booking. Feel like Y Not will pull something similar out of the bag.

Hopefully, looks like they might have to judging but social media response, might need someone for the younger audience 

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Hopefully, looks like they might have to judging but social media response, might need someone for the younger audience 

To be honest it would be good marketing to save back someone like that. Would get the younger attendees engaged, and with another big indie band on the second stage maybe, that could shift a few tickets.

That said, I don’t necessarily think it’ll be the Courteeners.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2020 at 1:33 PM, wro_lap said:

Same organisers/bookers, I believe

Different organisers/owners now. Used to be the same. Think the Booker is still the same for the top tier acts at least for this year, but he has always been a freelancer. 

They could well of struggled to secure that 3rd headliner with no big company backing them now, hence the delay. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:47 PM, JBarbour said:

Different organisers/owners now. Used to be the same. Think the Booker is still the same for the top tier acts at least for this year, but he has always been a freelancer. 

They could well of struggled to secure that 3rd headliner with no big company backing them now, hence the delay. 

Nah, I reckon they have one booked but have chosen to save them back to build a bit of hype. If they were struggling to book a headliner, they could’ve just bumped up Bombay, given they’re headlining Truck and APE. They’ve always had that insurance policy.