Ynot Festival 2020

Barnabylike

11 minutes ago, twinmaker said:

There's some more fortune cookie stuff on twitter:

One reference to "Girl From Mars" so that's Ash (again).

One mentions "Bittersweet" so that could be Richard Ashcroft or Ellie Goulding or... Panic At The Disco...!!

Also, nowt to do with the cookies, but do you realise that The Flaming Lips have announced a few UK shows in the days leading up to YNOT weekend? They do a festival in Ireland the weekend before then play a handful of shows (liverpool, leeds, bexhill-on-sea, aylesbury!). That would be good.

Oh, and I think Tom Grennan will play cos he has a new album out this year and has played YNOT many times before!

Hopefully Richard Ashcroft, would also love to see Tom Grennan there again!

So I guess the truck line up basically confirms BBC as a headliner then, Royal Blood, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Kooks? 

Blossoms seems a strange booking for Thursday headliner I always associate that day with noughties acts on the decline like Feeder, Razorlight etc. Would’ve thought sub headlining would be a much better slot, but suppose it’ll shift some early entries. 

Plenty on the undercard for me to hopes at Y Not particularly The Snuts and The Lathums, and for my tastes Royal Blood is a huge upgrade to Catfish if that’s how it works out. 

860131DA-158B-411A-8FC4-2E102EEC98DA.jpeg

Edited by AAlex

22 minutes ago, AAlex said:

So I guess the truck line up basically confirms BBC as a headliner then, Royal Blood, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Kooks? 

Blossoms seems a strange booking for Thursday headliner I always associate that day with noughties acts on the decline like Feeder, Razorlight etc. Would’ve thought sub headlining would be a much better slot, but suppose it’ll shift some early entries. 

Plenty on the undercard for me to hopes at Y Not particularly The Snuts and The Lathums, and for my tastes Royal Blood is a huge upgrade to Catfish if that’s how it works out. 

I could see bombay as a sub or Thursday still imo

26 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Last year I think wolf Alice headlined truck then subbed y not, Bombay might do the same? 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Both previous Thursday headliners have been peace and slaves, truck do it differently 

1 minute ago, stanh said:

nah, it helps build up hype on social media and gets people talking about the festival... its a great marketing strategy imo, worked very well last year for truck festival especially; anyways, this is hardly announcing much of the lineup regardless

totally - I just think the clues are a bit lame 😂

35 minutes ago, stanh said:

nah, it helps build up hype on social media and gets people talking about the festival... its a great marketing strategy imo, worked very well last year for truck festival especially; anyways, this is hardly announcing much of the lineup regardless

They do well because its a 20k fest booking the same acts as like 40-50k ones. How they afford it (or how much money Y Not/Tramlines must make) is beyond me

1 minute ago, stanh said:

I'm not sure if this ever went ahead, but I'm pretty sure it's at least 30K cap now ( https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/music-nightlife/y-not-festival-capacity-could-817641 ) but yeh, regardless they do pull some decent and fairly big names!

I was saying that Truck's is 20k - also maybe not but they still get headliners like Kendal's, Y Not, Tramlines and almost Boardies too despite being a fair way smaller.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I was saying that Truck's is 20k - also maybe not but they still get headliners like Kendal's, Y Not, Tramlines and almost Boardies too despite being a fair way smaller.

Its because they all share the same booker and/or parent company so just divvy up the acts between them. Saving money block booking acts. Can throw Victorious into the mix too, that is the beast among them.  

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Its because they all share the same booker and/or parent company so just divvy up the acts between them. Saving money block booking acts. Can throw Victorious into the mix too, that is the beast among them.  

Yeah of course well aware of that, guess thats how they afford it :D just was saying they do well because they have acts bigger than they should for the price+size