Ynot Festival 2020

Barnabylike

Finally home after an amazing weekend. The 2019 line up was pretty special in my opinion, they really set the bar high for 2020. It's still early days but In my opinion I can see Royal Blood headlining next year. Festivals seem to be wanting new headliners and Royal Blood, with their new album coming out soon, seem to be the perfect candidate. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

Finally home after an amazing weekend. The 2019 line up was pretty special in my opinion, they really set the bar high for 2020. It's still early days but In my opinion I can see Royal Blood headlining next year. Festivals seem to be wanting new headliners and Royal Blood, with their new album coming out soon, seem to be the perfect candidate. 

Too big for ynot, will be headlining the likes of leeds or Isle of Wight imo

Just now, Samjones said:

Too big for ynot, will be headlining the likes of leeds or Isle of Wight imo

Really? Foals have Co-Headlined Reading and Leeds and they played Ynot this year, Whereas Royal Blood are only Sub-Headlining Reading this year. and since Royal Blood have never headlined a festival they're more likely to start headlining festivals such as Ynot & Truck and then in a few years or when album 4 comes out they then move onto Headlining major festivals such as Reading and Isle of Wight

1 minute ago, Barnabylike said:

Really? Foals have Co-Headlined Reading and Leeds and they played Ynot this year, Whereas Royal Blood are only Sub-Headlining Reading this year. and since Royal Blood have never headlined a festival they're more likely to start headlining festivals such as Ynot & Truck and then in a few years or when album 4 comes out they then move onto Headlining major festivals such as Reading and Isle of Wight

I think the thing with Foals was they took a load of smaller slots than they normally would be getting and will probably be going on to headline the bigger festivals next year. There's no guarantee Y Not would get another band like that. Royal Blood could do a similar thing but could also probably be pushed up to headlining TRNSMT or IOW rather than the mid tier ones like y not /truck. 

2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I think the thing with Foals was they took a load of smaller slots than they normally would be getting and will probably be going on to headline the bigger festivals next year. There's no guarantee Y Not would get another band like that. Royal Blood could do a similar thing but could also probably be pushed up to headlining TRNSMT or IOW rather than the mid tier ones like y not /truck. 

Ynot always tend to have at least one huge headliner. for example in 2017 they had Stereophonics who have headlined festivals such as TRNSMT, Isle of Wight and Reading n Leeds, having a band such as Foals headline isn't really a one off thing for Ynot. Bearing in mind that Royal Blood haven't even headlined a medium sized festival before and they're gonna be in a similar position as Foals are this year promoting a new album, I still reckon they're set to headline next year imo.  

2 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Ynot always tend to have at least one huge headliner. for example in 2017 they had Stereophonics who have headlined festivals such as TRNSMT, Isle of Wight and Reading n Leeds, having a band such as Foals headline isn't really a one off thing for Ynot. Bearing in mind that Royal Blood haven't even headlined a medium sized festival before and they're gonna be in a similar position as Foals are this year promoting a new album, I still reckon they're set to headline next year imo.  

Foals mainly did it as they share headliners with Truck which was the reunion show anyway. I don't see why Royal Blood wouldn't do it to be honest, they won't be back at Reading headlining in 2020 unless their performance this year is insane and their album blows up like crazy

19 hours ago, stanh said:

ynot is growing though, as next year its due to be 40k capacity

source 

That was the old owners. It's a bit confusing but.. I believe the the founder sold it in 2017, the new owner then applied for a larger license but made a hash of the festival, and now it's back with the founder. I've heard from someone close that it's looking to remain at this years 15k cap and a <£100 ticket price. I really can't see them booking RBlood with that budget / capacity but then they took us all by surprise with Snoop Dogg!

6 hours ago, jamjar said:

That was the old owners. It's a bit confusing but.. I believe the the founder sold it in 2017, the new owner then applied for a larger license but made a hash of the festival, and now it's back with the founder. I've heard from someone close that it's looking to remain at this years 15k cap and a <£100 ticket price. I really can't see them booking RBlood with that budget / capacity but then they took us all by surprise with Snoop Dogg!

y not is not 15k is it? was 20k in 2017 and nothing else on it from efestivals for some reason. It had a lower starting price than Truck did I noticed, £5 or something but still quite surprising I guess - Truck is near to London and other rich areas like Oxford so could be why I guess.

27 minutes ago, stanh said:

i believe ynot this year was a 30k cap, from speaking to the security guards - anyway i reckon ynot will get some fair sized headliners again or the festival will just go down the drain and become forgotten about. royal blood in my opinion definitely arent as big as foals nor two door cinema club - maybe around the same size? so they definitely would be able to be a headliner,  but as for who i think/want to see headline next year i think it is far to early to start guessing but im gonna guess (fairly safe) itll be 3 indie(ish) headliners again, maybe tame impala, biffy clyro and george ezra? or similarly to boardmasters have a very big headliner e.g. florence then two others such as catfish? i guess though the kooks are possibly big enough to headline now? but would prefer them subbing. but it is a year away and it does depend which artists are touring and stuff - always a hard one to predict tbh

For the typical crowd i'd say Catfish is probably a bigger headline than Florence - for people who like TDCC/Foals anyway it would be generally along with much of the undercard.

edit- make myself clear here i'm saying florence is bigger, but for the y not's current crowd based on the past few lineups people would be just as excited if not more excited for catfish.

Edited by gfa

6 hours ago, stanh said:

i believe ynot this year was a 30k cap, from speaking to the security guards - anyway i reckon ynot will get some fair sized headliners again or the festival will just go down the drain and become forgotten about. royal blood in my opinion definitely arent as big as foals nor two door cinema club - maybe around the same size? so they definitely would be able to be a headliner,  but as for who i think/want to see headline next year i think it is far to early to start guessing but im gonna guess (fairly safe) itll be 3 indie(ish) headliners again, maybe tame impala, biffy clyro and george ezra? or similarly to boardmasters have a very big headliner e.g. florence then two others such as catfish? i guess though the kooks are possibly big enough to headline now? but would prefer them subbing. but it is a year away and it does depend which artists are touring and stuff - always a hard one to predict tbh

Tame impala did headline Coachella in America this year.

Geroge Ezra has nearly finished his ablum tour so I can't see him headlining.

Biffy is a good shout as they could close the fest if it wanted too.

Ynot is going to get the last choice next year, they're out on their own now, Live Nation, Superstruct and Broadwick will all get the picks first due to financial strength and block bookings, Ynot is going to be more the level of Bearded Theory now i'd imagine. 

This year was booked under the old regime.

Some of the names mentioned above they haven't a hope in hell of booking. 

Be interesting to see the future of the festival, if they keep it low and book sensibly I think they can survive. It will be interesting actually to see how all the festivals that used to be under Global will do under their new ownerships next year. Cus the same acts wont be doing them all as they usually do. Just think this year all the Global owned ones could all use each others acts, Superstruct who have bought the bulk of the global fests will have the most power to book the acts for the mid sized fests, then Broadwick, I imagine Superstruct will try and kill off Ynot to be honest. Lets see how it goes, maybe they won't be as ruthless as Live Nation have been.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:17 PM, luckysalt said:

Ynot is going to get the last choice next year, they're out on their own now, Live Nation, Superstruct and Broadwick will all get the picks first due to financial strength and block bookings, Ynot is going to be more the level of Bearded Theory now i'd imagine. 

Be interesting to see the future of the festival, if they keep it low and book sensibly I think they can survive. It will be interesting actually to see how all the festivals that used to be under Global will do under their new ownerships next year. Cus the same acts wont be doing them all as they usually do. Just think this year all the Global owned ones could all use each others acts, Superstruct who have bought the bulk of the global fests will have the most power to book the acts for the mid sized fests, then Broadwick, I imagine Superstruct will try and kill off Ynot to be honest. Lets see how it goes, maybe they won't be as ruthless as Live Nation have been.

Which festivals are under which ownership now then? 

4 hours ago, bexj said:

Which festivals are under which ownership now then? 

I'll have missed plenty off this list, and not all of them will be a full 100% ownership, but -

Live Nation / Gaiety - Reading+Leeds, IOW, Download, Wireless, Latitude, TRNSMT, Wilderness, Camp Bestival and loads of others
AEG - BST, All Points East
Superstruct - Boardmasters, Victorious, Kendal Calling, Truck, SW4, Tramlines, Lost Village
Broadwick - Field Day
Global - Rewind
Independent - Glastonbury, Boomtown, WOMAD, Green Man, EOTR, Bearded Theory, Y Not, Carfest

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I'll have missed plenty off this list, and not all of them will be a full 100% ownership, but -

Live Nation / Gaiety - Reading+Leeds, IOW, Download, Wireless, Latitude, TRNSMT, Wilderness, Camp Bestival and loads of others
AEG - BST, All Points East
Superstruct - Boardmasters, Victorious, Kendal Calling, Truck, SW4, Tramlines, Lost Village
Broadwick - Field Day
Global - Rewind
Independent - Glastonbury, Boomtown, WOMAD, Green Man, EOTR, Bearded Theory, Y Not, Carfest

I think festival replic own reading and leeds,wireless, download and latitude.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:17 PM, luckysalt said:

Thats may not be the case. The booker is a freelancer that will offer the best packaged deals for all festivals. 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, jamjar said:

2017: 25,000

2018: 30,000 + staff, artist and guests

Ownership - Count Of Ten 2006 - 2016 > Global / Broadwick 2017 - 2019 > Now someone who worked for Count Of Ten has taken on the festival with the financial backing of Global. 

20 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Thats may not be the case. The booker is a freelancer that will offer the best packaged deals for all festivals. 

2017: 25,000

2018: 30,000 + staff, artist and guests

Ownership - Count Of Ten 2006 - 2016 > Global / Broadwick 2017 - 2019 > Now someone who worked for Count Of Ten has taken on the festival with the financial backing of Global. 

Sounds promising then

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gonna go for some combination of LG/Royal Blood/Courteeners/The Streets, or the first 3 and The Streets being a strong sub like Wolf Alice this year. All seem to be active next year and LG, Courteeners and The Streets announced for fests in the couple weeks before so seem sensible shouts. Would probably be enough to tempt me back into the mudfest, even if I don't care much for Courteeners. Could see Blossoms or Sam Fender subbing too.

Edited by TheWaters

30 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Gonna go for some combination of LG/Royal Blood/Courteeners/The Streets, or the first 3 and The Streets being a strong sub like Wolf Alice this year. All seem to be active next year and LG, Courteeners and The Streets announced for fests in the couple weeks before so seem sensible shouts. Would probably be enough to tempt me back into the mudfest, even if I don't care much for Courteeners. Could see Blossoms or Sam Fender subbing too.

Liam Gallagher and courteeners are headling trnsmt so I reckon they are both too big for it.

To carry on from my post earlier I've done a rough quick prediction for what I reckon it could look like

The Streets/Sam Fender/Sundara Karma/Lethal Bizzle

Declan McKenna/KT Tunstall

Courteeners/Blossoms/Slowthai/Twin Atlantic/Fontaine's D.C.

Circa Waves/Little Simz

Royal Blood/Jamie T/The Charlatans/Pale Waves

The Cribs/Daughter

Edited by TheWaters

• 4 weeks later...

Main: Keane (Thursday), Courteeners, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Bastille

Quarry: Sundara Karma, Mura Masa, Pale Waves

Pit: Squid, The Murder Capital, Black Midi

Also Appearing: Blossoms, The Amazons, Nothing But Thieves, The Chats, The Hives, Stefflon Don, The SLP, Yungblud, Vistas, Marsicians, Deafhaven, Spilt Milk Society, Yonaka, Ivory Wave

Edited by TKOCF