Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to also give them kudos. I'm sure other events will have their own contingency, but the way BT communicate their plans to punters should be a blue print for ALL festivals. Bravo.

Big high five to everyone who helped put the video together. I really enjoyed that. it did have the bearded feel to it and helped with thie awful feeling i've had over the last few days knowing i

Can't wait to look round at all the smiling faces in the crowd when they're on. Gonna be awesome. 

Posted Images

The only thing putting me off this is that Echo & The Bunnymen haven't been re-confirmed yet. Heard great things about the festival itself, but they'd be one of the 5/6 bigger name must-sees for me. The undercard doesn't quite have the wow-factor of EotR/GM for me to make up for that, but BT is obviously a fair bit cheaper too!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 9:48 AM, Karlhippy said:

One of the best aspects of this festival is the vibe. Very chilled and friendly.

An audience who knows and likes music. Plenty of music choice.

Broad age group (3 generations of hippies & punks).

Good bar, decent selection of food. Flat ground.

 

 

Great, looking forward to (touch wood) trying it out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, GlastoEls said:

Great, looking forward to (touch wood) trying it out!

You won't regret it mate. It's a fab festival. KarlHippy is so right about the vibe, very similar to Glastonbury, but with no pressure of running around the site to see bands or meet friends. Bearded Theory is now my firm favourite. I also have Lindisfarne booked so fingers crossed they both go ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the news today, I doubt any will happen this year.  Italian health minister made it very clear that relaxing of lockdown still means bars, restaurants and concerts won't go ahead before a vaccine.  Seen Macron making similar statements in France regarding bars and restaurants.  I fully expect uk will fall in line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oboy82 said:

Seeing the news today, I doubt any will happen this year.  Italian health minister made it very clear that relaxing of lockdown still means bars, restaurants and concerts won't go ahead before a vaccine.  Seen Macron making similar statements in France regarding bars and restaurants.  I fully expect uk will fall in line.

Current guidance in France though following today's briefing is that festivals cant happen until mid july.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, atomised said:

Current guidance in France though following today's briefing is that festivals cant happen until mid july.

I think that mid-July is an “at least” but nonetheless it does give hope that we could still get to see some festivals this season in August sometime and/or September. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John L said:

I think that mid-July is an “at least” but nonetheless it does give hope that we could still get to see some festivals this season in August sometime and/or September. 

Kind of where I'm.at. Macron seemed to be focusing on a realistic aim and I completely get that things change constantly due to so many factors but feel sure what he was suggesting yesterday wasnt just dates plucked from the air. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my refund. I prefer money in the hand in these situations. Can always re-buy tickets later, but would it really be a good idea to go to any festivals this year? I hope everyone cancels. It's common sense. My other half is a scientist, and she thinks there'll be a 2nd peak of cases in october

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

I got my refund. I prefer money in the hand in these situations. Can always re-buy tickets later, but would it really be a good idea to go to any festivals this year? I hope everyone cancels. It's common sense. My other half is a scientist, and she thinks there'll be a 2nd peak of cases in october

I booked it on a credit card so happy to take the risk, also provides the event some support to know that demand still exist. 
 

I’ll take the view of attending or not closer to the time, depending on the situation and even if the event is on. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid 19 won't be gone in September. We've got to think of the most vulnerable in society, and going to festivals seems unethical. To be honest, most festivals should cancelled based on their own ethos. They shouldn't need someone to cancel it for them. 

Edited by Wanderlei
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of festivals won't survive if everyone refunded and didn't allow people to roll tickets on to next year.

Especially smaller independent ones, so supporting these ones will at least allow them to survive.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Covid 19 won't be gone in September. We've got to think of the most vulnerable in society, and going to festivals seems unethical. To be honest, most festivals should cancelled based on their own ethos. They shouldn't need someone to cancel it for them. 

Unfortunately if they cancel they will be liable for the cost and insurance won't pay out, if they get told they can't go ahead they have a chance of surviving because they aren't on the hook for a lot of the cost they get.

I understand that COVID-19 impacts the most vulnerable (health wise), but so do a lot of other viruses, the risk has to be managed. Come September we might have a viable treatment to reduce the impact of the virus. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, Paul ™ said:

A lot of festivals won't survive if everyone refunded and didn't allow people to roll tickets on to next year.

Especially smaller independent ones, so supporting these ones will at least allow them to survive.

Totally!! I'd be surprised if this went ahead in Sept but I'm happy for money to roll over as already accounted for in budget... Bluedot just cancelled yesterday and everything rolls over to next year, so I've just kept my tickets.

I'd rather wait and have peace of mind than go somewhere that people are worried about getting sick :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

An update from one of the organisers on their Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/932100303555208/permalink/3189268717838344/

Basically, it's the usual good approach you'd expect from BT - they're still hoping to go ahead in mid-september but have made all the relevant preparations in case they can't do so. Final decision to come in July or early August.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, Paul ™ said:

A lot of festivals won't survive if everyone refunded and didn't allow people to roll tickets on to next year.

Especially smaller independent ones, so supporting these ones will at least allow them to survive.

Hi Paul, I'm thinking maybe you're part of the BT team? If so can you please advise... I bought tickets for 3 of us on earlybird. One of us has emailled to cancel her ticket as she can't get time off in September due to work. She has had a reply with a code should she be able to rebook at the same earlybird price. Now here comes the issue. My bank account has been credited for the whole booking. Obviously we all 3 are happy for tickets to roll over to next year, should September be cancelled. But we don't want to book all 3 again now just incase September does go ahead and she would have to cancel hers again. Shall we wait until we know for certain what is happening with the September date? Thanx

Anyone else putting the tents up in the garden this weekend?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Curlygirl,

Sadly I am not part of the main BT team am afraid, however I do work there and know the team very well.

I suggest to get a definitive answer to your query, if you just email Sally at the info@beardedtheory.co.uk email address, she will confirm it all for you (give her the details, booking reference etc)

Or just hold off to see what happens with September, I think they are going to make a decision around July when we know a bit more about what is going on.

But yeah rolling over the tickets to next year is the preferred option for everyone if possible 

Hope this helps 

x

 

PS I should have been on site last Monday and now starting the 2nd week of nights on the build... typical the weather looks amazing for the week ahead! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...