Jump to content

Bearded Theory 2020


BlackHole2006
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone worry about the lack of any announcement by the festival, they said there would be monthly updates in their January update but nothing since and surprisingly nothing since roadmap? I know they said April for lineup but I’m getting concerned (mainly because I’m just really excited to potentially go to a festival again)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Does anyone worry about the lack of any announcement by the festival, they said there would be monthly updates in their January update but nothing since and surprisingly nothing since roadmap? I know they said April for lineup but I’m getting concerned (mainly because I’m just really excited to potentially go to a festival again)

Not worried, I think they're just giving a bit more time so there's less chance of announcing it's all on and then pulling the plug again. The bands are booked apparently so it may all come in one big hit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Not worried, I think they're just giving a bit more time so there's less chance of announcing it's all on and then pulling the plug again. The bands are booked apparently so it may all come in one big hit.

Aye ! , plus i think this year the pendulum will swing in favour of the festivals with lots of managers etc trying to get their bands/acts out and about again so to speak.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

156938982_4076995858979739_8944425175479

Bearded shaped hole 😄

They were great last time they played, it was really good to see some younger bands on, I was very impressed. 

I too thought they were great.  They've cropped up on my playlist a few times since and I still think they sound like a bigger band than they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2021 at 11:05 PM, Beerqueen said:

I too thought they were great.  They've cropped up on my playlist a few times since and I still think they sound like a bigger band than they are.

Arctic Monkeys mashed with The Enemy & Kasabian - what could go wrong ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do hope Primal Scream get confirmed again ? , the band i have prob seen most times.

If the headliners are Mogwai , Primal Scream & Placebo then my astral submissions to Clinton have worked a treat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I definitely could hear Kasabian in there!  

With the quick output of lyrics I definitely heard early Alex Turner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Tickets off sale until April 9 when they say they will make a decision if it’s gonna be on or not. Keeping everything crossed now that I’ve booked

I'm not going but still, I really hope they say it's on. Being at the end of the summer, it'll put a big shadow on all the other fests if they decide to cancel =\

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Tickets off sale until April 9 when they say they will make a decision if it’s gonna be on or not. Keeping everything crossed now that I’ve booked

 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm not going but still, I really hope they say it's on. Being at the end of the summer, it'll put a big shadow on all the other fests if they decide to cancel =\

Knowing the organisers, they are probably just being ultra cautious when it comes to the planning, booking of acts, paying out deposits for bands/infrastructure etc.

Problem is that while Bojo has said in his roadmap that by 21st June 'at the earliest', they hope to drop all social contact restrictions, that is still a huge gamble for event organisers. 
And with no covid cancellation insurance available, if the roadmap doesn't go to plan and slips even a month or so, it's one risk too many for the most cautious of event organisers.

Whilst I do hope it operates in September, I would much rather they played it safe and not risk the financial future of the festival, remember Bearded is run not for profit, by people who have full time jobs and can not be compared to the big corporate events or even the smaller ones that now have to operate this year or face bankruptcy as they have spent all the ticket money etc. 

 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

 

Whilst I do hope it operates in September, I would much rather they played it safe and not risk the financial future of the festival, remember Bearded is run not for profit, by people who have full time jobs and can not be compared to the big corporate events or even the smaller ones that now have to operate this year or face bankruptcy as they have spent all the ticket money etc. 

 
 

I quite agree. Selfishness aside from the fact that September probably isn't good for me this year, I'm not at all confident that we will see a return to mass outdoor gatherings (that aren't socially distanced) this summer. My big concern, is that events will plan to go and then have to cancel at the last minute. Which, would no doubt be disastrous for a lot of the smaller events!

Hope to return to BT next May!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

As we are due an announcement on Friday, does anyone know if this is just an on or off announcement or are we likely to get the lineup too?

I only heard about this today when my friend said she was unable to buy a ticket and on investigation found they had been taken off sale until they had decided whether they would be going ahead.  Which is very honest of them in my opinion and all credit to them for that.

As to whether there will be any lineup announcement, I don't know, and I genuinely don't care - I just want to hear that it's going ahead!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I only heard about this today when my friend said she was unable to buy a ticket and on investigation found they had been taken off sale until they had decided whether they would be going ahead.  Which is very honest of them in my opinion and all credit to them for that.

As to whether there will be any lineup announcement, I don't know, and I genuinely don't care - I just want to hear that it's going ahead!

Underneath The Stars Festival which is last weekend in July has done the same and pulled ticket purchases for the mo.

If they have to have a reduced capacity the do not want to oversell the tickets.

Personally i think there are so many festivals confirming that i think Beardy will be OK.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ivan said:

Personally i think there are so many festivals confirming that i think Beardy will be OK.

 

Can't really use what other festivals are doing as a comparison.

Huge corporate events are in a different league to small independent events (and even more so with Bearded as it's run by people with full time jobs).

End of the day, if Bearded Theory don't want to risk their entire future on what is currently a huge risk, am happy for them to postpone to 2022 if it means the future of the festival isn't compromised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Can't really use what other festivals are doing as a comparison.

Huge corporate events are in a different league to small independent events (and even more so with Bearded as it's run by people with full time jobs).

End of the day, if Bearded Theory don't want to risk their entire future on what is currently a huge risk, am happy for them to postpone to 2022 if it means the future of the festival isn't compromised.

Would also add that the Bearded organisers are doing this, in large part, because they want to create an event they and their friends can enjoy. So even if they think that it's not a financial risk, they may still decide that the experience will be degraded or the effort required isn't worth it or some combination of the two.

I'm desperately hoping to be wrong (especially as I'm double booked for May next year and can't go), but right now I'm more pessimistic about Bearded than I am for any other of my festivals despite it being the last one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, incident said:

I'm desperately hoping to be wrong (especially as I'm double booked for May next year and can't go), but right now I'm more pessimistic about Bearded than I am for any other of my festivals despite it being the last one.

I’m in exactly same situation and also of the same thinking. I really want to go but I don’t think it will happen, they have said that they have enough money to tide themselves over until 2022 so expect them not to take that risk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Can't really use what other festivals are doing as a comparison.

Huge corporate events are in a different league to small independent events (and even more so with Bearded as it's run by people with full time jobs).

End of the day, if Bearded Theory don't want to risk their entire future on what is currently a huge risk, am happy for them to postpone to 2022 if it means the future of the festival isn't compromised.

Black Deer and Deer Shed spring to mind as two that have confirmed they are on for this summer , neither are up there with the likes of R&L and BST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thing is, Oxfam Priority applications opened up today for Bearded Theory, so would be a bit weird to do that and then cancel tomorrow surely?

They didn't. Bearded (and a few others later in the summer like Boomtown and Shambala) have been held back until they know exactly what (and in the case of Bearded, if any) level of provision is needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...