Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to also give them kudos. I'm sure other events will have their own contingency, but the way BT communicate their plans to punters should be a blue print for ALL festivals. Bravo.

Big high five to everyone who helped put the video together. I really enjoyed that. it did have the bearded feel to it and helped with thie awful feeling i've had over the last few days knowing i

Can't wait to look round at all the smiling faces in the crowd when they're on. Gonna be awesome. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

It now clashes with a rescheduled half marathon I'm doing... Actually considering leaving site on Sunday at 6am driving to Liverpool doing the run then back for an afternoon / evening of fun and celebrating... 

Good luck with that 👍

That would have been the normal 2021 dates anyway, here's hoping it's good to go then 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They've said there'll be another lineup announcement within the next few weeks, and that one of the headliners is a "big band" for them.

 

Any guesses?

The National are around for the Thursday or possibly Friday. Sparks are also for Thursday or possibly Saturday. Fontaines D.C. are also playing dates but have gaps that weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHad said:

The National are around for the Thursday or possibly Friday. Sparks are also for Thursday or possibly Saturday. Fontaines D.C. are also playing dates but have gaps that weekend.

Are Sparks & Fontaines really "big" for them though? The National would be amazing but they seem too big

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are Sparks & Fontaines really "big" for them though? The National would be amazing but they seem too big

I would have thought The National would be too big for Beardy , but then again I was due to see em in Ireland this June in Limerick in a tent which only holds 4,000 people and at £50 a ticket they could not be commanding  a Rolling Stones size fee 

And in these times especially,if they fancy it and are available it would help their touring  costs for that week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, Paul ™ said:

Would have been this weekend if it went ahead at 2nd attempt :(

My friends get married this weekend so the move date  meant they would have missed out.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what do we think of the chances of this happening are? 

I had this in my head as being 'quite soon' (being at the start of the season) but it's actually still 6 months away, which seems a long enough period to be slightly optimistic, maybe?! I haven't yet bought a ticket though, so I guess I'm not feeling *that* confident. My gut, if I had to gamble at the moment, is that gigs will be back close to normal in April/May, but it'll be a little later in the summer until camping fests are given the go ahead. I hope that's pessimistic though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what do we think of the chances of this happening are? 

Rich, one of the organisers posted this a couple days ago...

A few things are clearly outstanding before normality returns. But a big one which we are awaiting on is the potential for Government to proceed with an idea to offer an insurance contribution to festivals in order for them to plan and prepare without the risks of it being cancelled within weeks of the event. This is part of the DCMS inquiry and would be that the festival contributes circa 10% of its turnover, as does Government and I believe they are dealing with an insurance company who might take this on. It would be a good option and we do have a second date in our back pocket to look at in the school holidays should it look like we were a couple of months off. We want to refrain from rescheduling without it being very realistic due to the operational costs to keep having to do it. The test idea we have looked at with similar sized festivals and while it could be affordable, the logistics of having a second site to do this in cars, it would prove impossible to do at our size, not sure how even bigger events would be able to do it without staggering arrival times. Equally the public liability risk if it didnt work would be too great. We have a line up to go but will deliver it only if we have some certainty. We dont want to gamble with your money and if it came to cancellation we will do it and refund but again we are not at that juncture yet, maybe we hold out to January and then review it based on what vaccine is being delivered,  how successful that delivery is and also what initiatives such as the insurance is out there to ensure both the event and your investment in us is protected.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought tickets. If it goes ahead great, if not then hopefully refund or rollover to next year. Made sure to use a credit card though! Would rate it at 50/50 at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 9:26 PM, JHad said:

I had this in my head as being 'quite soon' (being at the start of the season) but it's actually still 6 months away, which seems a long enough period to be slightly optimistic, maybe?! I haven't yet bought a ticket though, so I guess I'm not feeling *that* confident. My gut, if I had to gamble at the moment, is that gigs will be back close to normal in April/May, but it'll be a little later in the summer until camping fests are given the go ahead. I hope that's pessimistic though!

I'm a little more pessimistic in that I suspect that May will still be too early... I'm starting to think (hope) that gigs will be back by the autumn (although I think initially it will be very weird and the crowds potentially very nervous), and maybe some festivals running by the summer! 

I guess the big one that we are probably all watching out for is what the Eavis's decide re Glastonbury!

Interesting to see from Rich that there is a potential standby date...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spudthemariner said:

I'm a little more pessimistic in that I suspect that May will still be too early... I'm starting to think (hope) that gigs will be back by the autumn (although I think initially it will be very weird and the crowds potentially very nervous), and maybe some festivals running by the summer! 

I guess the big one that we are probably all watching out for is what the Eavis's decide re Glastonbury!

Interesting to see from Rich that there is a potential standby date...

Yes, late summer could be very very busy with rearranged gigs and festivals added to the existing calendar! Quite possible that all of GM, EotR, BT and APE (among others) could end up between mid-Aug and mid-Sep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JHad said:

Yes, late summer could be very very busy with rearranged gigs and festivals added to the existing calendar! Quite possible that all of GM, EotR, BT and APE (among others) could end up between mid-Aug and mid-Sep. 

Aye, we rolled over two festivals this year, BT and Doune The Rabbit Hole (our local one). DTRH is in July and I'm thinking that that 'may' be a possibility. I've not bought any gig tickets for the first part of next year, although I'm getting tempted for some recently announced Autumn ones....(Arab Strap in the Barra's being particularly tempting....)

Fingers crossed and all that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spudthemariner said:

Aye, we rolled over two festivals this year, BT and Doune The Rabbit Hole (our local one). DTRH is in July and I'm thinking that that 'may' be a possibility. I've not bought any gig tickets for the first part of next year, although I'm getting tempted for some recently announced Autumn ones....(Arab Strap in the Barra's being particularly tempting....)

Fingers crossed and all that!

Nice! I hope DTRH pulls through for you.

I bought a ticket for Arab Strap this week. Couldn't resist that one, although I'm trying not to buy any more at this point unless they really jump out. We've got two 'proper' festivals booked as well - EotR and GM - and a frankly ridiculous amount of gig tickets. I think it was my coping mechanism during the early stages of Lockdown, but in most cases rather wish I had the money instead at this point!

Having said all of that, I still hope BT gets the go-ahead and would love to be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm less confident for Bearded than I am for Glastonbury, fear it may be a month too early but I'd say there's still a decent chance  at least the option to move it to September is there 

Not sure it is September, just says a date in the school holidays so could be mid summer.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I wish they'd announce the new headliner already. They got everyone excited and then left us blueballed :(

For good reason sadly, no point getting more linenup out then having to pull it again :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...