Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BlackHole2006

Bearded Theory 2020

Recommended Posts

Anybody any ideas or input about the line up for next year ?

Placebo would be nice one for me and I do think the festival and the band are getting nearer each year.

Just seen Pigsx7 and they would not be out of place .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully will make it for #11 for me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they said they'd nailed some big acts for 2020 as early as before 2019 one happened - so maybe there will be an earlier than usual even annoucnement this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, man next door said:

I thought they said they'd nailed some big acts for 2020 as early as before 2019 one happened - so maybe there will be an earlier than usual even annoucnement this time

I think it was something to suggest there was a big lot of acts to choose from as all those they were unable to get due to Global contracts for Truck, Ynot etc were back in play. It was, I think, one of those they had originally booked who then had to pull out.

So perhaps Johhny Marr Wolf Alice (too big perhaps), Nothing but thieves or similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggested Flaming Lips on the Facebook group and that got over 100 likes so fingers crossed.

Regardless we'll be booking tickets when they go on sale

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paddyclark said:

Some kind of Arcadia involvement apparently..

 

Yep they put a little teaser out on youtube for an hour last night.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bucko said:

Yep they put a little teaser out on youtube for an hour last night.

Missed that....   Not the full spider surely?  Afterburner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the promo video it was hard to tell really but it never shown the spider just the after burner with the full rig around it.

Still though a nice catch for the festival and something to warm everyone up when the sun sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure I read one of the last few years on the forum that they had the Manics but then they pulled out, maybe they've secured them for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really exciting news.

Had some good times in Magical sounds (not into all of it by any means - but over the weekend there's usually something for everyone) over the years - but who doesn't want to see some more fire on a festival evening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, man next door said:

This is really exciting news.

Had some good times in Magical sounds (not into all of it by any means - but over the weekend there's usually something for everyone) over the years - but who doesn't want to see some more fire on a festival evening?

I wonder if the Pirate Ship are a bit peeved about that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivan said:

I wonder if the Pirate Ship are a bit peeved about that ?

They shouldn't be peeved should they? we cant have too much fire, can we?

btw - The mixing on the pirate ship was bobbins the few times I was there. (not that anyone seemed to notice, or care)

Edited by man next door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, man next door said:

They shouldn't be peeved should they? we cant have too much fire, can we?

btw - The mixing on the pirate ship was bobbins the few times I was there. (not that anyone seemed to notice, or care)

Can’t say that my mate who is nearly deaf had any issue with the mixing.

But he does love dancing in a field with flames going off and I’m sure he feels the beats.

I can’t say I did and would have put it down to artistic interpretation .

Anyone who has seen Jarvis Cocker DJ will agree with that although I am not sure if it’s an act with Jarvis ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...