Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

5 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

The inevitable conclusion I'm afraid. Still I'll let my ticket run and be there regardless of who they have on the bill in 22.

Bugger indeed.

Me too - I will be there regardless.  I think I'm in the happy position of thinking all of the headliners are a possible but not unmissable should someone I like more be on the Woodland or Mau Wai at the same time. 

Well I handed my tickets back in when they moved to September as just wasn't sure and needed the money for other stuff.

I have to say with those headliners now confirmed (I did buy tickets based on Flaming Lips alone) so happy they are back in the mix, so think when tickets are back on sale in September I shall be purchasing again as do like this festival 🙂 

5 hours ago, Barneym said:

Think that is going to be too hard for our Manchester and Sheffield group members. Has anyone been to Y Not? 

I posted this on the Ynot thread last month about my thoughts on the festival

It's on the top of a hill and very exposed if it rains. In music terms it is very "indie" with not much in the way of variety. Might be a plus for you might not. I went in 2019 weather was pretty lousy, the arena was late opening on the Saturday but it drains well and doesn't get as muddy as some festivals. I gave up on the Sunday and drove home as they were even later opening the arena, there was a strong rumour that they were going to abandon and it was absolutely chucking it down. They didn't in the end but a lot of artists were sacked off as main stage acts were moved into tents.

On the plus side it is quite relaxed with reasonably priced bars and an acceptable number and variety of food vendors. Security is fairly relaxed no problem smuggling a little booze into the arena as long as you don't take the pizz. The car parks are farmers fields but I had no problem getting my mini off on Sunday although the fields had taken a lot of rain.

I went because my nephews were playing on one of the smaller stages.  The crowd is pretty chilled no teenage carnage ala Leeds/Reading. Overall I liked the festival and would consider it again if the acts were perhaps a little more varied in genre or there were acts that I wanted to see but the festival itself is not a particular draw (for me at least)

Was really looking forward to this as this was going to be the first festival with the kids. Going to Glastonbury already next year and have a week away in March so can’t really do May as well. Really liked the look of this festival though so if I don’t manage Glastonbury tickets one year this swill definitely be an alternative option 

12 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

I posted this on the Ynot thread last month about my thoughts on the festival

I went because my nephews were playing on one of the smaller stages.  The crowd is pretty chilled no teenage carnage ala Leeds/Reading. Overall I liked the festival and would consider it again if the acts were perhaps a little more varied in genre or there were acts that I wanted to see but the festival itself is not a particular draw (for me at least)

Thanks that’s really helpful. Had the same thought about the line up even tho I am an indie kid at heart, can’t say it excites me as much as Bearded did but just really want a weekend away with my mates half watching music mainly drinking, chatting rubbish and having fun. Doubt I’ll be able to do May next year as already have Glasto tickets and don’t want to go away from the little one for two long weekends and still think he is way too young to cart around a festival yet

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 9:55 PM, Beerqueen said:

I must admit, the weather we've had recently would have made me be a bit wary about the weekend ahead!  I would have been packing thermals, hats, scarves, wellies, walking boots thick hiking socks etc etc!

I will never, ever complain about the weather at a festival again as long as we are actually there! The wettest festival you are at is still better than the hottest weekend at home!