Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

35 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I have been swinging up and down between it will and won't happen.  Sadly, I am thinking not.  Will be gutted if that's the case.

Sadly I think I now agree, it’s so annoying as I’m sure it would be able to by September but I don’t see how they can go ahead without insurance 

22 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Sadly I think I now agree, it’s so annoying as I’m sure it would be able to by September but I don’t see how they can go ahead without insurance 

I place Event Insurance for clients , in fact did one for a Classic Bus Rally last week thats going ahead in the summer hopefully.

Festival Insurance is still there it just has a big fat Covid exclusion and everyone has to understand the extent of cover and limitations.

Maybe Clinton knows if its going ahead ?  Put those physic powers to good use.

Edited by ivan
Spelling

39 minutes ago, ivan said:

Festival Insurance is still there it just has a big fat Covid exclusion and everyone has to understand the extent of cover and limitations.

Yes sadly it is the communicable diseases cover in regards to  cancellation insurance I believe that is the problem that the industry want the government to back.

Without it, there's a huge amount of financial risk for any event organisers who are relying on what happens after the 21st June (if anything) and by then even if they have waited, it's too short a lead time for a lot of events to plan everything.

Edited by Paul ™

I want nothing more than events to happen this summer, Bearded especially.

It's my livliehood and our income over the summer months is pretty much all of the years.

Just not feeling as confident as I was a couple months ago, got a couple of events booked in from July onwards, just hoping a lot more come in and make it worthwhile (or it's back to other work for the summer again like last year!)

Guess we will find out tomorrow, fingers crossed x

27 minutes ago, Barneym said:

So up at 6am (the joys of an 11 month old) and now wondering what time they will put us out of our misery today. Surprisingly they don’t seem to also be up this early!

In the past, they've tended to make a lot of their announcements on Friday Evenings, usually around 7pm or so. So until we hear otherwise, that's what I'm expecting.

16 minutes ago, dpdp said:

I'm hoping the news they were waiting on was the Culture Recovery Fund grants which were given out early April.  The £125K they received may be enough to ensure they can take a risk.

Bearded received theirs in the first lot, around Jan/Feb time.

I'll say one thing for them, the organisers have been transparent with their communication ever since this situation kicked off. There are a lot of other organisations that could learn a thing or two.

Those 2022 headliners may entice me to get a ticket for next year though! I see they're back on sale in September, I'll set my alarm. 

Such a shame , Beardy was the first thing i thought about this morning when i woke up.

Then trying to get the low down i kept having to take work calls so could not get onto the Beardy site.

41 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I shouldn't have watched the video.

Well I managed about half way through the video before bailing out - wondering why I was putting myself through that pain. Gutting news - I really thought Bearded was a banker. The irony is that things could well be all right by then, but I get that they can't take the risk. It's an eye opener - at least for naïve folk like me - as to just how early on they have to plan to get the show on the road. Makes you appreciate the effort they make all the more, don't you think?

• Upvote 1