Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

Starting to feel confident about this now with the rumours of festivals allowed from May with rapid testing. I want to get more excited now as never been before, does anyone have any photos of the toilets and showers?

I know it sounds like a daft question but looking at asking my parents to come with us too and this is the main thing they complain about when I have talked about festivals in the past!

On 2/21/2021 at 12:36 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Starting to feel confident about this now with the rumours of festivals allowed from May with rapid testing. I want to get more excited now as never been before, does anyone have any photos of the toilets and showers?

I know it sounds like a daft question but looking at asking my parents to come with us too and this is the main thing they complain about when I have talked about festivals in the past!

Toilets are bog standard (wahey!) portaloos for the main part but are plentiful, cleaned often and well. There are some nicer ones, trailer type thing with toilets in.

Never used the showers but they look decent and no-one I know has ever complained though I did see on Facebook that someone took a shit in one in 2017.

20180526_092113.thumb.jpg.6892bececc6ac2870e6dc48215e4440a.jpg

No photos but I used the showers 2019 and they were flippin great. Obviously you have to pick your times but overall they mostly quiet.

Tell your folks that their ancestors may have spent 4 years in the trenches ., plus with current events the toilets  will be cleaner than ever.

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Booked time off for this today.  Will be booking tickets very soon - just waiting to see whether any of my friends want to join me.  But I'm going even if it's on my own!

Got twitchy last night, panicking that EVERYONE would be wanting to go to festivals so I booked my ticket!  Please let everything go ahead.

Making my BT return after 5 years due to the dates no longer clashing with other events.  Can't wait.  Will be slightly different as will be bringing along the family but always had a lot of time for this brilliant festival after attending 4 of the first 5.

Just need to remember not to drive to Keddlestone!

See you in a field in Sept............

Much as I don't want to wish 6 months ago, I can't wait to be back there.

Beers by the tent, breakfast at the Indian stall, somehow always finding at least one person from the group in our regular spec by The Pallet, watching someone on The Woodland as the sun catches in the leaves, squeezing into Gail's Tea Tent to watch someone who seems to know half the crowd, nice bit of punk in Convoy Cabaret, walking in one door to Magical Sounds then straight out the other, something unexpectedly great in Maui Waui and a big ol' singalong to a headliner.

IMGP0804.thumb.JPG.d943f751943083efd7a412b38706d294.JPG

20180526_150648.thumb.jpg.a625118869e4b1abbbfb33b7d5fdc8a0.jpg

20190526_163325.thumb.jpg.e5ab52c10fd79f6c3a151e36f5bbd1d4.jpg

20190525_193822.thumb.jpg.64488ccbe15ba0ce4d5f1b46b2b2bbc2.jpg

IMGP1988.thumb.JPG.c7d49effc5a663feba753698c51b047e.JPG

20190525_222857.thumb.jpg.4ddd3bd5f55c815ccc682faed2c02ee3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's actually going to happen, isn't it?

Hopefully so.

Let's wait and see what they say in April.

Lots of its, buts and maybes before we get to the summer and hopeful lifting of restrictions 

One thing we do know, is that BT organisers will do what's best for their audience no matter what x

Hey all, our Glasto group are looking for a new festival this year and thinking of getting involved. Has anyone been to Festival No6 and Bearded? Wondered if it was a similar vibe and size as went to no6 for my stag do and had a great time (apart from how bloody hard it was to get there) thanks

1 hour ago, missnutmeg said:

You’re welcome to drink with us if you do end up on your own 👍🏻 

Aww thank you!  I can't tell you how excited I am reading this thread, looking at pics of previous festivals, and generally being back in a festival frame of mind!  Can't wait for an announcement so I can start listening to bands - I've been listening to my 2020 playlist as I think quite a few have been rebooked.  

5 hours ago, Barneym said:

Hey all, our Glasto group are looking for a new festival this year and thinking of getting involved. Has anyone been to Festival No6 and Bearded? Wondered if it was a similar vibe and size as went to no6 for my stag do and had a great time (apart from how bloody hard it was to get there) thanks

Not been to No6 but for a Glastonbury comparison, it's similar vibe to Avalon.

Just booked a ticket. I'm pretty confident that this will go ahead, going in brother's campervan (though sleeping in a tent next to it) I take it that with a 7m x 7m pitch this is allowed in the Campervan fields?

Any rumours on the artists who were confirmed for May? Patti Smith was the big name IIRC?

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Just booked a ticket. I'm pretty confident that this will go ahead, going in brother's campervan (though sleeping in a tent next to it) I take it that with a 7m x 7m pitch this is allowed in the Campervan fields?

Any rumours on the artists who were confirmed for May? Patti Smith was the big name IIRC?

Yes thats fine.

Patti Smith is pencilled in.  Only one confirmed so far is Placebo. 

• Like 1

Booked my ticket this morning.

Clinton Baptiste had predicted it as well  " A man from the north will be attending  " - How does he do it ? 

I see the wonderful Maximo Park have just announced a few gigs before Beardy ?

I certainly would not object to them headlining or otherwise with the anthems they can throw at us.

Edited by ivan
Spell