Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Brilliant festival for kids, there is a huge area with all sorts of stuff going on for every age group. There is an Ofsted approved school on the Friday (pre-registered only) plus lots of other things going on each day across the site. This is all free.

Regarding if they operate in September 2021 will come down to how the UK progress over the next 2 months with figures and how the vaccination programme is going. This along with other advise from the government, safety advisory group, PHE etc will be looked at in April and a decision either way will be made then. 
However if there is any risk or chance that it will be required to have social distancing measures or masks etc, then they won't run and it will be postponed and moved to the usual dates in May 2022. 

Personally am quite confident it will go ahead, probably about 85-90% sure it will as it comes far later in the season than most. Vaccinations will be well under way by then, with most UK adults being done/offered by then, along with lower case numbers hopefully even lower than we had in the summer months last year. 

Thanks for the reply. I am tempted by it but know the school are very strict and assuming its not worth it for the one night.

Tried to look at previous line ups but can't find a real list. What are the bands below headliners usually like? Is it just the one main stage?

39 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Thanks for the reply. I am tempted by it but know the school are very strict and assuming its not worth it for the one night.

Tried to look at previous line ups but can't find a real list. What are the bands below headliners usually like? Is it just the one main stage?

This very website will give you all the previous line ups 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/beardedtheory

Stages are Main, Woodland (lovely wooded area on site), Dance Tent (ran by some of the best there is), Convoy Cabaret (kinda punk, cabaret), Maui Waui (they have their own little festival too), Gails Tea Tent for acoustic stuff and lovely boozy coffees and late night chat, Pirate Ship (Outdoor DJ stage), Circus/Theatre and usually one or 2 other little sound systems going off somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I've unfortunately handed my tickets back in as not confident about attending a mass event in Sept, if things change over the summer then might rebook but personally don't see me at a festival until 2022 now 😞 

Totally understand that, they have consistently said if it's not safe to operate or even if any measures need to be in place, they won't go ahead and it will be May 2022.

Hopefully you can get them sorted either way if it's safe to do so, or for next year.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Totally understand that, they have consistently said if it's not safe to operate or even if any measures need to be in place, they won't go ahead and it will be May 2022.

Hopefully you can get them sorted either way if it's safe to do so, or for next year.

I'm looking forward to the day I can go to a gig or a festival without measures, it might be awhile but we'll get there eventually.

Least festival money helps pay for car insurance as being on 80% all the time does bugger up the cash flow (and before anyone says anything yes I know others have it worse but only talking about my own struggles 😞)

I’ve booked tickets for my wife, myself and the 2 kids, 1 and 3. I have been going to Glastonbury since 2007 and have tickets for the next one which would have been the first festival with the kids. Wasn’t planning on doing another festival till I saw a thread in the Glastonbury forum about what other festivals people are going to instead of Glastonbury. Someone mentioned Bearded theory and I looked into and booked tickets. Might be a blessing in disguise to go to a smaller festival first so we can work out what will/won’t be needed for the kids before Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

Just realised the new dates mean a clash with another rearranged gig on the Sunday. 

If they both go ahead I now need to ponder leaving Sunday afternoon or missing the other gig. I read they were finishing a little earlier on the Sunday anyway so it probably comes down to who the headliners are.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Just realised the new dates mean a clash with another rearranged gig on the Sunday. 

If they both go ahead I now need to ponder leaving Sunday afternoon or missing the other gig. I read they were finishing a little earlier on the Sunday anyway so it probably comes down to who the headliners are.

Sunday headliner is Placebo, who will play slightly earlier than usual headline slot.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's the gig youve got on Sunday night? Anything special?

Elbow at Liverpool Olympia. 

I've seen them loads but it will special to see them there. Wife and younger son (who aren't going to Bearded) also have tickets. Would have to leave at about 4 to drive home, shower, eat, get to Liverpool....

It's a head scratcher.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:53 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

I’ve booked tickets for my wife, myself and the 2 kids, 1 and 3. I have been going to Glastonbury since 2007 and have tickets for the next one which would have been the first festival with the kids. Wasn’t planning on doing another festival till I saw a thread in the Glastonbury forum about what other festivals people are going to instead of Glastonbury. Someone mentioned Bearded theory and I looked into and booked tickets. Might be a blessing in disguise to go to a smaller festival first so we can work out what will/won’t be needed for the kids before Glastonbury. 

I started that thread, which resulted in me getting tickets for this too 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Gnomicide said:

Elbow at Liverpool Olympia. 

I've seen them loads but it will special to see them there. Wife and younger son (who aren't going to Bearded) also have tickets. Would have to leave at about 4 to drive home, shower, eat, get to Liverpool....

It's a head scratcher.

All being well rest of BT lineup is out in April - I am sure that will help with any decisions that have to be made.

4 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Does anyone ever let slip any rumours for line up? In a similar way to Glastonbury?

They don't normally hold off with announcements so there's no need. Sometimes an act will announce tour dates around the end of May before BT announce and you can put two and two together.

Could be different this year though as they are holding back the announcements.

Maybe it's time for TheBeardedThingy to stride forth.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:53 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

Might be a blessing in disguise to go to a smaller festival first so we can work out what will/won’t be needed for the kids before Glastonbury. 

We did this with our son (4 at the time) and took him to BT his first festival knowing we were taking him to Glastonbury the following month. We had all sorts of thoughts about taking a porta potti , what food to take etc. In the end he handled it all with aplomb (festival toilets, food and all) and it we went to Glastonbury with a much reduced packing list and had a great time.

And the bonus for us was that BT turned out to be a great little festival and we booked again for last year, now rolled over to September. Son is registered for the BT school but even so I can see arguments with his 'proper' school come September. We will see. 

4 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

We did this with our son (4 at the time) and took him to BT his first festival knowing we were taking him to Glastonbury the following month. We had all sorts of thoughts about taking a porta potti , what food to take etc. In the end he handled it all with aplomb (festival toilets, food and all) and it we went to Glastonbury with a much reduced packing list and had a great time.

And the bonus for us was that BT turned out to be a great little festival and we booked again for last year, now rolled over to September. Son is registered for the BT school but even so I can see arguments with his 'proper' school come September. We will see. 

That’s what we’re thinking. Don’t want to have to carry anything not needed all the alway from the car to the tent at Glastonbury. 

On 2/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gnomicide said:

They don't normally hold off with announcements so there's no need. Sometimes an act will announce tour dates around the end of May before BT announce and you can put two and two together.

Could be different this year though as they are holding back the announcements.

Maybe it's time for TheBeardedThingy to stride forth.

Fnarrr

20 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

That’s what we’re thinking. Don’t want to have to carry anything not needed all the alway from the car to the tent at Glastonbury. 

We extensively used the lockups for the first time. Bought a cheap Decathlon rucksack and put in changes of clothes, cleaning stuff, snacks, suncream and anything else son might need and booked it in at a convenient lockup and left it there all festival. As we were staying in CV West a trip back to the van for something could have taken hours out of the day. A quick trip to the lockup was a much better option when needed.

The one thing we did take that turned out to be very useful was a kids festival trolley. Although its a PITA at times to be hauling it around and trying to keep out of other peoples way it was incredibly useful come evening/night. I made a hoop type cover for it, put cushions and blankets in it. When he was tired he got in, put on his ear defenders and went to sleep. That way we got to see some of the later acts we otherwise might have missed.

20 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

We extensively used the lockups for the first time. Bought a cheap Decathlon rucksack and put in changes of clothes, cleaning stuff, snacks, suncream and anything else son might need and booked it in at a convenient lockup and left it there all festival. As we were staying in CV West a trip back to the van for something could have taken hours out of the day. A quick trip to the lockup was a much better option when needed.

The one thing we did take that turned out to be very useful was a kids festival trolley. Although its a PITA at times to be hauling it around and trying to keep out of other peoples way it was incredibly useful come evening/night. I made a hoop type cover for it, put cushions and blankets in it. When he was tired he got in, put on his ear defenders and went to sleep. That way we got to see some of the later acts we otherwise might have missed.

We will be camping in the family fields so our tent won’t be to far from the action and planning on doing 2 car runs anyway. 

We’ve got this big stroller which we bought second hand before we had our first baby which I’ve heard is really good with the big wheels and will take both kids. Going to jazz it up with lights for nighttime and get some blankets in there. 

D719AD7B-1467-463E-9D44-2D68BE12BD28.jpeg

On 2/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

We will be camping in the family fields so our tent won’t be to far from the action and planning on doing 2 car runs anyway. 

We’ve got this big stroller which we bought second hand before we had our first baby which I’ve heard is really good with the big wheels and will take both kids. Going to jazz it up with lights for nighttime and get some blankets in there. 

D719AD7B-1467-463E-9D44-2D68BE12BD28.jpeg

Great idea but do you have a big car? Wondering how we would get that and tent in car, nevermind everything else!

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Great idea but do you have a big car? Wondering how we would get that and tent in car, nevermind everything else!

All the wheels come off and the whole thing flattens down so it’s not actually that bad. We’ve taking a garden trolley to Glastonbury before and this takes up less space in the car than that