Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

From FB yesterday -

The newly appointed festival psychic has anticipated that his/hers festival update filmed broadcast will be at 6.50pm tomorrow on the main page, youtube and a newsletter and website listing will be issued at 7pm tomorrow. He/she is pretty good so it might be on time for a change

Edited by Paul ™

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

We hope you, your family and friends are safe and well during this difficult period.

Since we last spoke, the festival has appointed a resident psychic namely the legendary Clinton Baptiste, to assist with the future planning of the festival. Clinton’s first public address can be seen here whereby he reviews the possibilities of this year’s festival operating and expected headline acts.

We totally appreciate that moving the event into term time, without a bank holiday for some may pose difficulties. We understand that and have brought forward our headliners closing time on the Sunday night to ensure everyone gets to see our headliners but allowing travelling time also. The situation we know is not ideal and this is the best of a bad job, but it will be the festival you love with bells and whistles on. The OFSTED approved school will be in full operation on the Friday to assist with getting authorised leave and in addition the gates on Thursday will be open until 11pm to allow for later arrivals.

Clinton Baptiste has done a fantastic job and his predictions appear true, we are pleased to confirm the legendary PLACEBO as one of the headliners for September 2021, the now summer gathering. We have a shed load of other acts to confirm including the vast majority of the scheduled 2020 line up which went down so well. In other exciting news we are pleased to announce Magical Sounds are back from their years sabbatical to produce one of the finest dance tents in the country – it’s like they never left! Clinton will be bringing psychic road show to the Woodland Stage on the Thursday night and will also be providing a monthly festival update leading up to September.

We won’t be releasing the full line up until April until we know a bit more about how the vaccinations are going, the governments advice at that time in relation to mass gatherings. Hopefully all goes well and we can let you know what other fantastic bands and DJs we have booked in. We have secured the vast amount of the 2020 schedule including headliners but we feel it is too soon to announce everything.

Placebo are a wonderful announcement and would always be in my top 5 of possible bookings for Beardy.

And i do like Clinton , having done quite a few alternative festivals his Festival Podcasts  did make me laugh with their accuracy.

I have just picked this up from Clinton so it shows he knows his stuff about Bearded Theory.

”I predict thee torches of light shall be seen earlier “

11 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

the festival has appointed a resident psychic namely the legendary Clinton Baptiste, to assist with the future planning of the festival. Clinton’s first public address can be seen here whereby he reviews the possibilities of this year’s festival operating and expected headline acts.

I do hope that's a joke....?

10 hours ago, ivan said:

Placebo are a wonderful announcement and would always be in my top 5 of possible bookings for Beardy.

And i do like Clinton , having done quite a few alternative festivals his Festival Podcasts  did make me laugh with their accuracy.

I have just picked this up from Clinton so it shows he knows his stuff about Bearded Theory.

”I predict thee torches of light shall be seen earlier “

Been hassling for them to play for about a decade now.. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I do hope that's a joke....?

Just hope he can predict if this fkin virus will be gone enough by then 😂

53 minutes ago, spudthemariner said:

Placebo are a great booking! I shall look forward to seeing them.....next year in May! (sadly...)

Keep the faith, we will be there in September. 

8 months is a long time away in this pandemic, vaccinations are going well so far (as long as supplies keep up).

16 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Keep the faith, we will be there in September. 

8 months is a long time away in this pandemic, vaccinations are going well so far (as long as supplies keep up).

Oh don't get me wrong, I will be delighted if I'm proved wrong on that! I'm just not (currently) convinced!

Regardless of the date though, my favorite festival keeps our money and we will return to those particular fields as and when we can!

18 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

We hope you, your family and friends are safe and well during this difficult period.

Since we last spoke, the festival has appointed a resident psychic namely the legendary Clinton Baptiste, to assist with the future planning of the festival. Clinton’s first public address can be seen here whereby he reviews the possibilities of this year’s festival operating and expected headline acts.

We totally appreciate that moving the event into term time, without a bank holiday for some may pose difficulties. We understand that and have brought forward our headliners closing time on the Sunday night to ensure everyone gets to see our headliners but allowing travelling time also. The situation we know is not ideal and this is the best of a bad job, but it will be the festival you love with bells and whistles on. The OFSTED approved school will be in full operation on the Friday to assist with getting authorised leave and in addition the gates on Thursday will be open until 11pm to allow for later arrivals.

Clinton Baptiste has done a fantastic job and his predictions appear true, we are pleased to confirm the legendary PLACEBO as one of the headliners for September 2021, the now summer gathering. We have a shed load of other acts to confirm including the vast majority of the scheduled 2020 line up which went down so well. In other exciting news we are pleased to announce Magical Sounds are back from their years sabbatical to produce one of the finest dance tents in the country – it’s like they never left! Clinton will be bringing psychic road show to the Woodland Stage on the Thursday night and will also be providing a monthly festival update leading up to September.

We won’t be releasing the full line up until April until we know a bit more about how the vaccinations are going, the governments advice at that time in relation to mass gatherings. Hopefully all goes well and we can let you know what other fantastic bands and DJs we have booked in. We have secured the vast amount of the 2020 schedule including headliners but we feel it is too soon to announce everything.

Great book and glad there is the confidence to schedule the Sept date, I'm very conflicted on whether even Sept will allow a proper festival so sadly I'm going to get a refund and I feel more confident in the summer I'll rebook as spend 9 months no going anywhere and so much in the air at the moment to make a solid decision 😞 

I really do miss music

Clinton “ Can you feel the Sprit  presence of a dead female artist “

Member of the Public “ Yes -  Madonna “

”She’s not dead “

”Adele ? ”

”She’s not dead either !” 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, shoptildrop said:

I think it might be Flaming Lips 😞 great booking with Placebo but Flaming Lips are awesome live

Cheers. That was my dread. No slight meant to Placebo, far from it - they will be brilliant, but for me The Flaming Lips at Bearded was potentially going to be orgasmic, especially based on their last few albums. 

BUT - this festival surprises me like no other and there are always gems to be found, usually bands I was not fussed about who send me away grinning from ear to ear. 

Damn I miss live music. 

Damn I miss Bearded Theory

Yup Flaming Lips won't be playing September, think Rich said there is about 50 of them that would need to quarantine which doesn't make it viable... shame but I think they will play within the next couple of years (hopefully!)

Placebo are an amazing signing, been asking for them for years so chuffed they are going, even if September doesnt operate this year, they will be there in May 2022 instead.

Also think Patti Smith is penciled in from whats been said, so another amazing booking!

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Yup Flaming Lips won't be playing September, think Rich said there is about 50 of them that would need to quarantine which doesn't make it viable... shame but I think they will play within the next couple of years (hopefully!)

Placebo are an amazing signing, been asking for them for years so chuffed they are going, even if September doesnt operate this year, they will be there in May 2022 instead.

Also think Patti Smith is penciled in from whats been said, so another amazing booking!

Cheers Paul 👍

It's going to be a cracker 

Just now, lighthouse said:

Placebo is a great name and the move from may tot september is great news.

But I do have to be honest: Flaming Lips is a way more fun live act than Placebo. 

Fun yes, as in stage show, props, gimmicks, confetti.

But Placebo have the tracks and the presence, I would put them ahead just and think more people would know Placebo songs than Flaming Lips songs..

Both are 2 favourite acts of mine, so if they both played it would be immense

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Hi all, regualar poster on the Glastonbury forums and have tickets for 2020/21/now 22. Seriously considering this but wondering what it is like for kids and what are people's genuine thoughts on it going ahead in September? 

Brilliant festival for kids, there is a huge area with all sorts of stuff going on for every age group. There is an Ofsted approved school on the Friday (pre-registered only) plus lots of other things going on each day across the site. This is all free.

Regarding if they operate in September 2021 will come down to how the UK progress over the next 2 months with figures and how the vaccination programme is going. This along with other advise from the government, safety advisory group, PHE etc will be looked at in April and a decision either way will be made then. 
However if there is any risk or chance that it will be required to have social distancing measures or masks etc, then they won't run and it will be postponed and moved to the usual dates in May 2022. 

Personally am quite confident it will go ahead, probably about 85-90% sure it will as it comes far later in the season than most. Vaccinations will be well under way by then, with most UK adults being done/offered by then, along with lower case numbers hopefully even lower than we had in the summer months last year.