Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

Yeah alright Sprocket calm down you spunked your excitement a bit too easily, further reading...

Outdoor theatre, opera, music and dance events are to be permitted with limited and socially-distanced audiences in England from 11 July, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has announced.

35 minutes ago, smudger said:

DdI Rad Mac just day this is on?!

Was only half listening, i think they were talking about bearded theory but if they were they got the dates wrong. So dunno?

Beardy Folk: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/20/200710a.shtml

Though there doesn't seem to be any suggestion of how they're going to ensure social distancing etc. Maybe they're using the pub form of ensuring distancing, ie cross your fingers and hope.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

18 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Beardy Folk: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/20/200710a.shtml

Though there doesn't seem to be any suggestion of how they're going to ensure social distancing etc. Maybe they're using the pub form of ensuring distancing, ie cross your fingers and hope.

they tweeted me to say "We are 100% ready and perfectly set up for the guidelines", so I'd like to think it's a bit more than cross your fingers and hope.

42 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Their forums say they'll make the go / no go decision last day of July, however they seem confident they'll have figured out a way (probably make it all open stages for example), also its mainly campervans which helps.

I thought Bearded were recently saying they're really not very confident about it happening this year? Have they change their tone since?

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Check the forums off their website. I read it as something confident?

Assuming that you mean Bearded as opposed to Beardy Folk, which posts do you mean? (I tend to see it as the opposite if I'm honest). More pointedly, you don't have to look too much between the lines of their official posts via Facebook, to see (in my eyes anyway) that they not only pretty much say no to this year, but throw quite a bit of doubt on next years date as well (ie possibly later than May).

Sorry, not trying to sound grumpy, but I just cant see it.... also, I should have woken up in a different field this morning (Doune The Rabbit Hole) for my birthday....so I probably am....bah 🙄☹️

Good Evening

We hope you are safe and well.

Thank you for your patience while we have been getting our house in order. We have been consulting with various industry bodies, Emergency Services and our own contractors prior to issuing this newsletter and we are pleased to confirm we will be rescheduling the festival to May 2021 on our usual bank holiday weekend, May 27th to 30th.

Tickets will be automatically rolled over if you still want to join us but if you want a refund please do so by requesting one. To request a refund from Eventbrite please go to our website ticket page and click on the appropriate refund links. If you purchased via Gigantic please email customerservices@gigantic.com with your original booking confirmation. Refunds will be available until August 30th, 2020, please allow 28 days from request for the refund to hit your bank account from the ticket agent.

We are delighted to have already secured PATTI SMITH, TOOTS & THE MAYTALS, THE MISSION, WILKO JOHNSON, PETER HOOK & THE LIGHT, FEROCIOUS DOG, NEVILLE STAPLE BAND, BAD MANNERS, DUB PISTOLS, LUCY SPRAGGAN, CRAIG CHARLES FUNK & SOUL CLUB, DERANGE and 3 DAFT MONKEYS. Clearly loads more bookings to be sorted out including several headliners across our 8 stages.

We have had quite a lot of emails asking if we would do crowd funding to help secure the events survival but that goes against what we are about and there is load more valuable causes out there than us. That said we have a range of 2020 t-shirts now available and you can purchase them via going to this page on our website.

2021 Tickets

Adult Standard: £130 OR £21.67 per month for 6 months (payment plan on sale 01/08/2020)
Age 12-16: £60
Age 8 – 11: £35
Age 0 – 7: Free
Cars: £13.50
Campervan/Caravans: £39.95 (7×7 meter pre marked pitch)

Tipi and Yurt options are available and National Coach Travel to be announced in September.

https://beardedtheory.co.uk/bearded-theory-announcement/

Edited by Paul ™

Glad to hear they've got the confidence to reschedule for the spring. That's some welcome news.

Who do we think might be added? Looks like a blend of this year's acts and some others to my untrained eye. What's the likelihood of the likes of The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream and Echo & The Bunnymen being re-added?

Also, presumably this will also clash with the first weekend of APE?

I really hope the Flaming Lips get added, was really looking forward to their show at BT.

Bit early to tell, hoping they can retain a lot of the line up, this is all moved pretty quick to stick with next years usual dates and am confident the team will be going all out to get a huge majority of this years line up nailed down for 2021.

7 minutes ago, JHad said:

Glad to hear they've got the confidence to reschedule for the spring. That's some welcome news.

Who do we think might be added? Looks like a blend of this year's acts and some others to my untrained eye. What's the likelihood of the likes of The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream and Echo & The Bunnymen being re-added?

Also, presumably this will also clash with the first weekend of APE?

Echo are touring in May and are free on that weekend. Primal Scream seem to play everywhere so I'm sure they're an easy rebooking. Not sure about Flaming Lips, don't know if they're even in Europe then.

It'll probably clash with one of the weekends of APE, yes. 

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Echo are touring in May and are free on that weekend. Primal Scream seem to play everywhere so I'm sure they're an easy rebooking. Not sure about Flaming Lips, don't know if they're even in Europe then.

It'll probably clash with one of the weekends of APE, yes. 

The lips are in Europe for womad at the end of July, so end of May might not work for them.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The lips are in Europe for womad at the end of July, so end of May might not work for them.

I really hope not, they were main reason for buying the tickets :( 

I can see Echo and the bunnymen playing given their May tour though