Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

On 1/31/2020 at 8:33 PM, Beerqueen said:

Best announcement for me was Mik Artistik in the Convoy Cabaret - especially if I'm not going to be able to see him at Glasto!  Happy enough with Primal Scream and Johnny Marr - neither are people I know well or love but as I've not seen either of them I would be happy to see them.  

And quite a few new acts to listen to - added them to my playlist so looking forward to learning more about them.

Can anyone give pointers to which ones they like and why?

So glad Mik is back, absolutely love the man.  Looking forward to Sports Team, saw them on Williams Green at Glastonbury last year and thought they were really good.  Can't beat Bar Steward Sons either for a bit of fun.  Also watched some videos of The Lathums on YouTube and will probably give them a go.  

Bloody love Bearded...great line-up this year, absolute bargain!

For those looking out for something beyond the Pallet...October Drift on Woodland will be well worth the trip..

saw them last night in London and they absolutely throw themselves into it... an excellent live band (described on the Glastonbury pages as ‘an unholy racket’ ...)

12 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

For those looking out for something beyond the Pallet...October Drift on Woodland will be well worth the trip..

saw them last night in London and they absolutely throw themselves into it... an excellent live band (described on the Glastonbury pages as ‘an unholy racket’ ...)

They played The Pallet in 2018, went down well for an early slot from what I remember. 

20180525_121405.thumb.jpg.e4f04d29032603ade6a9d527668abe00.jpg

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They played The Pallet in 2018, went down well for an early slot from what I remember. 

20180525_121405.thumb.jpg.e4f04d29032603ade6a9d527668abe00.jpg

indeed, first up (fair play to those hardy souls)...

Woodland later in the day will be a decent slot for them... although tbh they could play the toilet and still sound good..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, spudthemariner said:

Aye, It looks like they moved pretty quickly on it.... I'm guessing that a lot of events will have problems and won't be able to reschedule!

they're definitely ahead of the game as so many fests are looking to reschedule for around the same time - and bands and infrastructure can't be in 3 places at once.

Fingers crossed that events are back in play by the end of the summer. At this moment i don't feel particularly confident about that. :( 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

they're definitely ahead of the game as so many fests are looking to reschedule for around the same time - and bands and infrastructure can't be in 3 places at once.

Fingers crossed that events are back in play by the end of the summer. At this moment i don't feel particularly confident about that. :( 

You think this summer will be a festival write off?

The website has been updated to say they are putting their contingency plan into action for the new September dates and will make a final decision on April 12th. Seems like a couple of the acts can’t make the new dates but I’m sure they will find decent replacements. 

they really have shown the other organisers up here. Although this is still questionable, their emergency planning is spot on. 

Further to our previous statements we are sad to advise that we have postponed the festival until September 10th to 13th 2020. The festival will operate on the same basis i.e. camping, children’s area, stages etc.  It is clear the current pandemic will remain in a critical period until the end of June. We have been advised by Central Government and the Safety Advisory Group that it is expected that September should be in a period whereby the country will be back on normal operational terms. We acted quickly in the last 2 weeks to secure the venue, all our suppliers and secured a good majority of our existing line up, including all the Pallet headliners. Equally we have some bands from our existing line up who can perform but we cannot announce them until they have released other cancellations (hence why the flyer has a few gaps) which have not happened yet. We do have all the stages as before but currently One Big Showcase will not be with us due to the current start of the University term.

Full line up details are on our line up page including Maui Waui and Convoy Cabaret.

A little message from Toots: -

Message to my friends all over the world.

My prayers are with you in this time of trouble, but I am confident in the victory of good over evil, that is why my promoters and my team have worked very very hard to reschedule Toots and the Maytals’ world tour. I will be coming to UK and Europe from August this year to sing and celebrate a new beginning with each and every one of you. So have faith, keep your tickets and stay healthy.

Signed Toots on the 19/03/2020 from my home in Jamaica

Transferring to September

We are hopeful that most of our ticket buyers can join us in September but appreciate customers might have existing plans.

Tickets will automatically be transferred to the new dates and you do not need to do anything further.

Refunds

Those who cannot attend and wish to claim a refund can do so by requesting a refund within the next 7 days. We had to set a deadline of 7 days (closing 27/03/2020) in order to successfully budget the festival.

Please email your order number to tickets@springmusic.co.uk or and the refund will be registered with Eventbrite in order for them to refund you. They have advised refunds will arrive within 28 days.

We have heard concerns about what happens if things are still terrible come September. Well the festival will simply cancel, and refunds be issued at that point or tickets transferred to our usual dates in May 2021.

The main part of this statement should be this, we really wish you, your loved ones and friends good health. At first hand we are experiencing the difficulties this pandemic is causing to our society, our incomes and mental health. It is important we all stay positive; we keep focussed on the light at the end of the tunnel and we will do our bit by emailing you our usual nonsense to try and keep you in good spirits.

Take care