Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

On 1/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, atomised said:

Manics have their killers support slots

They don't play with the Killers until 9th June, so that should not be an issue.

They are playing Camper Calling on one of their days 28th-30th May. So playing one festival and so may well play a few more over the season.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

They don't play with the Killers until 9th June, so that should not be an issue.

They are playing Camper Calling on one of their days 28th-30th May. So playing one festival and so may well play a few more over the season.

Camper Calling is August

So after reading reviews and seeing the lineup I've booked tickets to this to get over the disappointment of failing for Glastonbury tickets. If I get lucky in the Glasto resale I'll just have to make peace with the fact I'll kill myself by going to two festivals a month apart.

That being said: Tell me about the festival! What goes down on the Thursday? Should I get their early? What weird and wonderful things can you get up to after dark? What cider do they sell??

18 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

What goes down on the Thursday? Should I get their early? What weird and wonderful things can you get up to after dark? What cider do they sell??

They've been a bit vague (and probably deliberately so) about Thursday so far -

On the Thursdays in 2017 and 2018, they had an announced bill of acts on the Main Stage and DJs in the Woodland. This was fine in 2017, but was at least partly (in my view, wrongly) blamed for the traffic chaos in 2018 which gridlocked local roads for several hours with everyone trying to get on site on the Thursday morning.

So last year they cut it down a bit with less on and starting later - there was acts from about 6pm on the Woodland stage and I think Maui Waui. The times weren't announced in advance, but the acts were pretty much known as they'd been included in the announcements without saying where/when they were playing. So far this year, I don't think there's been any "undesignated" acts announced or any indication of what the plans for Thursday are.

This was the beer/cider menu last year -

57194589_2283485221731094_93576202247628It's worth mentioning that it's a rotating selection that varies a bit by bar and across the weekend, so not all of the above will be available at any given moment (and sometimes something not listed may make an appearance.

• Upvote 1

That's tremendous info thanks. Thinking of working a half day on the Thursday then popping down after lunch arriving around 3:30ish so that sounds ideal for making the most of it yet missing the morning rush.

Enjoying the bar list. Although "pub prices" to me is more like £3.20-50, I guess £4 is cheap for a festival 😉 But is it really £4 a pint for a 10% beer?? 😨

19 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

That's tremendous info thanks. Thinking of working a half day on the Thursday then popping down after lunch arriving around 3:30ish so that sounds ideal for making the most of it yet missing the morning rush.

Enjoying the bar list. Although "pub prices" to me is more like £3.20-50, I guess £4 is cheap for a festival 😉 But is it really £4 a pint for a 10% beer?? 😨

10% beer is indeed £4

Hic

On 1/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Fearless_Fish said:

You are allowed to take your own beer with you into the arena too.

I haven't bought a ticket yet but have really been looking forward to it.  But now my friend who I usually go with has bailed on me.  I've done Glasto on my own but somehow because that is so huge it seemed easier than the prospect of BT.  Does that sound daft?

I might persuade my husband to come on the basis of Patti playing.  And someone from work may be going and says I am welcome to tag along with her crowd which is good.  Are any of you lot solo goers and want to hang around together for some acts/ a beer or three? 

Edited by Beerqueen

13 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I haven't bought a ticket yet but have really been looking forward to it.  But now my friend who I usually go with has bailed on me.  I've done Glasto on my own but somehow because that is so huge it seemed easier than the prospect of BT.  Does that sound daft?

I might persuade my husband to come on the basis of Patti playing.  And someone from work may be going and says I am welcome to tag along with her crowd which is good.  Are any of you lot solo goers and want to hang around together for some acts/ a beer or three? 

We are not solo but know others who sort of are and have had no hassles mingling etc. We are always happy to meet up with people for a drink and natter.
Even on your own you will not regret going.

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We are not solo but know others who sort of are and have had no hassles mingling etc. We are always happy to meet up with people for a drink and natter.
Even on your own you will not regret going.

This is what I'm thinking.  I have the time booked off work already and haven't got a Glasto ticket (yet) so I think even more reason to go to BT.  Think I will go regardless and let me friends know they are welcome to join me if they want.  And my husband I suppose...

On 1/21/2020 at 8:14 PM, Beerqueen said:

I did my 1st BT solo in 2012. There was an invite from some people off here to camp with them, which I did. Spent most of the time on my own but it was nice to have some people to chat with in the morning. 

Saw shit loads of bands though, one stage to the next all weekend. 

11 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Looks like it’s going to be Friday now. 

Ah that's a shame - it would have been nice to have something to look forward to on a Thursday night, but never mind.  

So who are we hoping for?  I have absolutely no idea who might be likely but I was listening to John Grant today and would absolutely love to see him again - don't know if he'd fit but I can hope can't I?

Someone at work said to me yesterday that she wants to do a festival this year so I mentioned BT to her - she had a look and told me that she really likes the look of it.  She's had a tough year and hasn't ever been to a festival before - I think BT would be perfect.  So I may not be going solo after all!