Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

14 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Snap.

BT is also helping me in the 'I have not got tickets' part of next years GF.

Ahh Sorry mate. That's got to be a first is it? Will you try in the resale?

12 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Gonna keep a keen eye out on this, the first line up drop peaked my interest 

Got to be honest, the first drop is more than good enough even if i don't like anything else still to be released. I'm absolutely buzzing for Flaming Lips, Nova Twins, Barstewards, Leylines, The Lagan, Gaz B, Ferocious dog, Sugarhill gang and KT Tunstall.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, AvalonLover1964 said:

The Manics would be amazing as well, have looked back at previous lineups and they get some really good quality bands for a relatively small/middle sized festival. I notice Imperial Leisure played there this year. Would love to see them again, is it likely they will have a band play 2 consecutive years ? 

Imperial leisure have announced that the last gigs they're doing are Bristol 7/12 and London 20/12. Then very sadly they are no more. Luckily I'll get to see them at the Bristol gig. We booked flights straight after this years Bearded Theory they were that good.

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Ahh Sorry mate. That's got to be a first is it? Will you try in the resale?

Yep we are trying in resales and yes it is a first.

Last year was the first time we did not get 100% in Oct sale but we got the last ones in the resale. This year was awful. Got only 36% of tickets!

On 12/2/2019 at 8:47 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Yep we are trying in resales and yes it is a first.

Last year was the first time we did not get 100% in Oct sale but we got the last ones in the resale. This year was awful. Got only 36% of tickets!

7 out of 24 of my real life mates were successful. So many of my festival friends missed out too. It's getting tougher each year. Good luck in April ?

I am hoping for Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever - they have announced two UK festival dates that weekend so i wonder if Beardy may grab the so far un allocated day ? .

And Inhaler as the ubiquitous up and coming indie band would be good !

45 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Got a sneaky feeling 'Simple Minds' might be one of the other headliners

Care to share this intuition ? 

I hope its the Sunday then i can have an early night back at the van .

2 hours ago, ivan said:

Care to share this intuition ? 

I hope its the Sunday then i can have an early night back at the van .

Just thinking I believe BT delayed the announcement last week as they were waiting on one of the headliners making an announcement, Simple Minds announced some dates this week around April/May and they are probably about the right size?

Would prefer Manics/Levs myself...    

53 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Just thinking I believe BT delayed the announcement last week as they were waiting on one of the headliners making an announcement, Simple Minds announced some dates this week around April/May and they are probably about the right size?

Thank f**k for that , I thought you had insider info.  

I would be very happy with The Manics - not seen em for a bit and i do miss Nicky Wires musings if he thinks the crowd are not pulling their weight.  

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

From what was said (or at least, from what I've seen of it), I got the impression that the delay was down to waiting for one of the contracts to be fully signed off, rather than waiting for other dates to be announced.

Really can't see Simple Minds being a good fit for Bearded.

53 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Nah, just killing time waiting for the next announcement!

If that is  a code for Echo & The Bunnymen ?  then that is even worse than Simple Minds.

40 minutes ago, ivan said:

If that is  a code for Echo & The Bunnymen ?  then that is even worse than Simple Minds.

Yeah....did have the misfortune of catching one of them once. 'Nothing Lasts Forever'....except for one of their sets when you are watching it in a muddy field on the last night of a festival

6 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah....did have the misfortune of catching one of them once. 'Nothing Lasts Forever'....except for one of their sets when you are watching it in a muddy field on the last night of a festival

I would not mind if they played some tunes , but the time I saw em Old Grumpy Pants used the gig as a vessel to get everything of his chest about how crap the following was

Venue, Sound,Lights,Weather,Crowd,Food,Rider,Set Up , You Name It.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:08 AM, Curlygirl said:

Imperial leisure have announced that the last gigs they're doing are Bristol 7/12 and London 20/12. Then very sadly they are no more. Luckily I'll get to see them at the Bristol gig. We booked flights straight after this years Bearded Theory they were that good.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:08 AM, Curlygirl said:

Gutted about Imperial Leisure. Such a phenomenal  live band. Get the whole crowd bouncing.

How was the gig ? Was it in the Fleece ?

That's a shame about Imperial Leisure, they are so much fun live. I've just scrambled to get tixs for their London show and to find someone to go with. Does anyone know who will be supporting them?

Tbh I expect they will be doing shows again as most of the UK 00s ska punk bands have all come back, I've literally been to 3 or 4 of Capdown's last ever shows.