Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

Always thought of going to this as it seems to have a very Glastonbury vibe, take your own drinks into the arena etc. Flaming Lips have really peaked my interest this time as I skipped them for Radiohead at G17. 

When do tickets usually sell out? And how many of those on the initial poster will be main stage acts? 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Always thought of going to this as it seems to have a very Glastonbury vibe, take your own drinks into the arena etc. Flaming Lips have really peaked my interest this time as I skipped them for Radiohead at G17. 

When do tickets usually sell out? And how many of those on the initial poster will be main stage acts? 

If you go onto the line up page of the website it tells you the day stage and slot each act is performing 

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Give it a go, it's a wonderful festival. My favourite. 

Tickets sell out usually a lot nearer the event, but always people selling them on for F/V nearer time too. 

Lots more good acts to come too :) 

I have been considering BT for the last couple of years now and this lineup announcement has sold it for me (Flaming Lips, Ferocious dog and the Damned wow) 

Another absolute gem on their is the Dualars, fantastic live band. And I defy anyone to watch them cover Redemption song without getting lost in the beauty of it. 

I was already considering not bothering with Glastonbury next but it has been decided for certain now as this looks more like my thing for a much better price. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, AvalonLover1964 said:

I have been considering BT for the last couple of years now and this lineup announcement has sold it for me (Flaming Lips, Ferocious dog and the Damned wow) 

Another absolute gem on their is the Dualars, fantastic live band. And I defy anyone to watch them cover Redemption song without getting lost in the beauty of it. 

I was already considering not bothering with Glastonbury next but it has been decided for certain now as this looks more like my thing for a much better price. 

You definitely won't regret it. Friendliest crowd, really sound organisers, small enough to get round easily, lovely choice of booze & food, eclectic music. Currently our only 'book regardless' festival.

My money is on Manics for one of the other headliners...

23 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

You definitely won't regret it. Friendliest crowd, really sound organisers, small enough to get round easily, lovely choice of booze & food, eclectic music. Currently our only 'book regardless' festival.

My money is on Manics for one of the other headliners...

The Manics would be amazing as well, have looked back at previous lineups and they get some really good quality bands for a relatively small/middle sized festival. I notice Imperial Leisure played there this year. Would love to see them again, is it likely they will have a band play 2 consecutive years ? 

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Levellers are on tour and doing festivals almost every summer. There's no real reason to think next year will include Glasto unless there'as some specific info for it...?

It's Bearded Theory I'm thinking of. They've done it twice and Mark Chadwick has also done it solo a couple of times. They used to be 'official ambassadors' or something like that if I'm remembering properly. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's Bearded Theory I'm thinking of. They've done it twice and Mark Chadwick has also done it solo a couple of times. They used to be 'official ambassadors' or something like that if I'm remembering properly. 

doh, my bad. There was a lot of similar chat yesterday about Glasto and I thought what I was replying to was part of it (I tend to open loads of topics at the same time.

But i'd say much the same applies with BT too. Levellers are the sort of act they can book just about any year, so there's no real reason to think the Levs tour plans for next year will include X, Y or Z - although because they play lots of fests there's a decent enough chance they'll play one of X, Y or Z.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

You're right of course and I hope its not them, they weren't very good last time and it's good to have something different but I thought with the tour pausing just before Bearded, there's a fair chance.

Oi Gnom!!!! they were ace, actually one of my fave times ive seen them in recent years, to be fair, all 20 of us (bar 1 fool who fell asleep during Killing Joke) were at it, and we just all felt it, perfect really.

Think they'll be a good edition, but i am with you on good to have something different. Still hoping for Flogging Molly myself, but it won't happen, i always have it in my head that they would be a good Friday headliner

22 minutes ago, Perks said:

Oi Gnom!!!! they were ace, actually one of my fave times ive seen them in recent years, to be fair, all 20 of us (bar 1 fool who fell asleep during Killing Joke) were at it, and we just all felt it, perfect really.

Think they'll be a good edition, but i am with you on good to have something different. Still hoping for Flogging Molly myself, but it won't happen, i always have it in my head that they would be a good Friday headliner

I enjoyed them but Mark Chadwick was clearly pissed and I thought they were a lot better the previous time they played.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I enjoyed them but Mark Chadwick was clearly pissed and I thought they were a lot better the previous time they played.

I met him after, i gave him some of my da's potin, he took a swig and said 'what the f is you dad doing giving you that' then he took some more. ha ha, he was smashed, but then, so was I.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...