Bearded Theory 2020

BlackHole2006

Anybody any ideas or input about the line up for next year ?

Placebo would be nice one for me and I do think the festival and the band are getting nearer each year.

Just seen Pigsx7 and they would not be out of place .

1 hour ago, man next door said:

I thought they said they'd nailed some big acts for 2020 as early as before 2019 one happened - so maybe there will be an earlier than usual even annoucnement this time

I think it was something to suggest there was a big lot of acts to choose from as all those they were unable to get due to Global contracts for Truck, Ynot etc were back in play. It was, I think, one of those they had originally booked who then had to pull out.

So perhaps Johhny Marr Wolf Alice (too big perhaps), Nothing but thieves or similar.

On the promo video it was hard to tell really but it never shown the spider just the after burner with the full rig around it.

Still though a nice catch for the festival and something to warm everyone up when the sun sets.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, man next door said:

This is really exciting news.

Had some good times in Magical sounds (not into all of it by any means - but over the weekend there's usually something for everyone) over the years - but who doesn't want to see some more fire on a festival evening?

I wonder if the Pirate Ship are a bit peeved about that ?

1 hour ago, ivan said:

I wonder if the Pirate Ship are a bit peeved about that ?

They shouldn't be peeved should they? we cant have too much fire, can we?

btw - The mixing on the pirate ship was bobbins the few times I was there. (not that anyone seemed to notice, or care)

Edited by man next door

8 hours ago, man next door said:

They shouldn't be peeved should they? we cant have too much fire, can we?

btw - The mixing on the pirate ship was bobbins the few times I was there. (not that anyone seemed to notice, or care)

Can’t say that my mate who is nearly deaf had any issue with the mixing.

But he does love dancing in a field with flames going off and I’m sure he feels the beats.

I can’t say I did and would have put it down to artistic interpretation .

Anyone who has seen Jarvis Cocker DJ will agree with that although I am not sure if it’s an act with Jarvis ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Tickets on sale on Saturday, pricing is below

https://beardedtheory.co.uk/bearded-theory-2020/

TICKETS & PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS

Bearded Theory

TICKET PRICE PAYMENT PLAN
ADULT EARLY BIRD 1 £110 £27.50 up front & £27.50 per month debited 31/01/20, 02/03/20 and 31/03/2020
ADULT EARLY BIRD 2 £115 £28.75 up front & £28.75 per month debited 31/01/20, 02/03/20 and 31/03/2020
ADULT STANDARD
On sale only when Early Bird Tickets have fully been sold
£130 £32.50 up front & £32.50 per month debited 31/01/20, 02/03/20 and 31/03/2020
AGE 12-16 £60 £15.00 up front & £15.00 per month debited 31/01/20, 02/03/20 and 31/03/2020
AGE 8-11 £35  
AGE 0-7 FREE  

CAR PARKING PASS £13.50  
CAMPERVAN PASS (7 x 7 metre pitch) £39.95  
CARAVAN PASS (7 x 7 metre pitch) £39.95

Will no doubt be trying for early bird tickets on Saturday morning.

I've stuck my band requests on the official forum but I'll put them here too as there is little movement there.

Add my name to the clamour for The Specials, they said on the radio this year that they were playing a number of festivals next year, hopefully Bearded will be one of them.

A few other well known names I'd like to see are:
-The Proclaimers
-Terrorvision
-The Hold Steady (though they just tend to do weekend residencies these day), if not - Craig Finn solo
-Quireboys
-Billy Bragg
-Toots and The Maytals

My favourite up and coming band at the moment is Red Rum Club. Seen them twice this year and superb both times, they're playing Academy sized venues later in the year, their home town gig in Liverpool is long sold out. 

A few other small bands that would fit:
-The Mysterines
-Dream Wife
-Life at The Arcade
-Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard
-Fontaines DC
-Kangaroos
-The Snuts
-Cut Glass Kings
-Jesse Malin
-Butch Walker

I'd love to see Mik Artistik back and maybe lash The Doonicans on the Pallet.

Red Rum Club were great at Farmer Phil's last year and seem to be gaining quite a fanbase now.  Would like to see them again.  And love Billy Bragg, Mik and Barstewards of course.  And agree with Toots and Specials.

To be honest I barely knew any of the bands this year but loved the line up and found some new favourites!  So in Bearded Theory bookers I trust.

Bring it on!

24 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

nope, they don't do them as far as I'm aware.

And I can't afford to spend my time promoting festivals for no return, which means far less publicity for bearded here this year, sadly.