Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think they'll be the Other openers, and I can see them getting a decent crowd there.

If I'm remembering this right, that was going to happen a few years back, but Gaz just wanted to do it for fun, and once discussions began it all became about business and he bailed. So I'm glad it finally happened!

24 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Hey CF , have you thought about using a couple of old phones as your side screens , you could have them playing your favourite set 

I hadn’t no .. will have a think ... might be difficult with phone battery life ... and it’s getting a little weighty now :) I brought a panel a few months back that has programmable led patterns with thoughts of changing the screens and using this but can’t work out how to power it :) ... my next addition I think is going to be some Oxfam/ wateraid logos 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Pilton party was terrific. Heading back home tomorrow morning. Loved the wee break and even met the man with the hat! 

I think that’s when I met you ... on the way back from a wee break :) I had a list of must sees on my efestfinder and you were the last to be ticked off ... safe travels 

• Upvote 1

Did anybody else get accosted by security on the way in.  I understand this 6 pint thing but I've been going for years and have never been stopped before and asked to explain my 5 litre container.  Had there been trouble with kids excessive drinking last year or as me are we all thinking they are gunna stop people taking their own drink

5 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Did anybody else get accosted by security on the way in.  I understand this 6 pint thing but I've been going for years and have never been stopped before and asked to explain my 5 litre container.  Had there been trouble with kids excessive drinking last year or as me are we all thinking they are gunna stop people taking their own drink

I had 2 cans taken off me , I thought it was 6 cans with discretion and they would let me off with 8 as a mid 40s male ... I was also a bit frustrated by the fact when I told them I had needles with me ( I’m a type 1 diabetic the guy had to call his supervisor over and he wanted a good look at them .. now if I hadn’t said anything they wouldn’t have even looked I doubt .. type 1 is common enough these days and people in that industry should be aware of it 

2 hours ago, Cheddar Valley said:

The bar makes the money for the village. As the party is held to raise funds for the village as a thank you, the more they make on the bar the better. Hence why they would rather you buy from them than take your own. 

2 hours ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Yup we got collared as well first time ever.  I’ve been stopped and I’d not heard of or read the 6 can rule on the back of the ticket before either . They questioned the 8 cans in my bag . But let me through as the other half was stood with me.

I was fairly close to the front for both Supergrass and Wolf Alice and it seemed like there were a lot of noisy talkers throughout their sets ie. people who just go to get wasted and don't really care for the music. It tainted it a bit, especially during the quieter moments of the sets. I get the impression that for some within a certain radius, this is more of a party that happens to have bands playing, than a gig from acts you're a fan of. It didn't ruin it for me, but I was there for the music...

• Upvote 1

We went to the Pilton fair yesterday and had what I can only describe as a truly magical time, we met Michael Eavis who could not be a more wonderful person, and after going for a stroll round a path we found ourselves leaning over a farm gate watching cows wandering about at the Pyramid Stage. 

It really was such a wonderful experience.

my main hope for going to the Pilton Party was to reignite my love for the festival, and I think I can consider that aim well and truly accomplished ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

We went to the Pilton fair yesterday and had what I can only describe as a truly magical time, we met Michael Eavis who could not be a more wonderful person, and after going for a stroll round a path we found ourselves leaning over a farm gate watching cows wandering about at the Pyramid Stage. 

It really was such a wonderful experience.

my main hope for going to the Pilton Party was to reignite my love for the festival, and I think I can consider that aim well and truly accomplished ?

Did we try to persuade you to volunteer to marshall at the Festival Run while you were at the fete? 2 lunatics in fluorescent t shirts by the raffle stall.

Living it large in Somerset.  There was cake and cider.

15 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Did we try to persuade you to volunteer to marshall at the Festival Run while you were at the fete? 2 lunatics in fluorescent t shirts by the raffle stall.

Excellent was was that you . I gave you my deets yesterday but I’ll have to check .I had a black Working cocker with me. 

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

Are you looking for volunteers to marshall? Happy to help if i can where do i get the details! Seriously missing being on the farm in my high viz! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Are you looking for volunteers to marshall? Happy to help if i can where do i get the details! Seriously missing being on the farm in my high viz! 

Yes yes please. We are looking for volunteers. If you email us on thefestivalrun@gmail.com with your contact email and phone number we will add you to our team and let you know what’s what. Basically You will be needed around 9am to 1 . 

We would really appreciate the help?

13 hours ago, pilton digger said:

Hello!

yes you did indeed, it was lovely to talk to you.

we are on the last stage of our trip, just about to hit the road home.

really hoping we will be able to help out with the marshalling, would love to get back down here again! ?

Supergrass & Wolf Alice both excellent but, my God, that was the worst crowd I think I have ever experienced at any gig or festival I have ever been to.

Had to move so many times before finding a place in Wolf Alice where I wasn't surrounded by people just shouting/chanting at each other throughout, drinking games, facing the wrong way, having loud conversations as if the music was a distraction.   It was proper dickhead central, very odd.

Anyway, Supergrass were really tight - smashed through 11 hits in a row as if they'd never been away.  I'd have liked a few bonus tracks from the later records but I suppose they still want us to buy tour tickets!

Wolf Alice were really, really good and deserving of a much better crowd.   Hope the Other Stage headliner rumours are true for 2020.

• Upvote 2

Lovely event, really pleased I went.

Supergrass were brilliant. Went to their last UK gig at Brixton and sounded just as good on Friday night.

Wolf Alice were good.....  but...... we were near the front, and as mentioned before, the number of talkers. During the quieter couple of WA songs you could barely here it. Like I said, this was near the front. Can understand it further back. Nevermind.

Would definitely go again though.

• Upvote 1