Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

I also saw Crazyfool1 (let's face it, who didn't). At times it was difficult to determine which was stage and which was hat and once, when he was lined up with the screen, it looked like Wolf Alice were actually playing in the hat.

Good effort Sir.

Edited by Ommadawn

Morning all ... Really enjoyed last night and it might have been a blessing in disguise security taking a couple of cans off me I risked going over the 6 can limit :) ... hopefully managed to have a brief chat to everyone .....Representation from the efest community really seemed almost like a mini efest meet .... did anyone get any photos of the actuall gig ? I mistakenly locked my phone after ringing my folks accidentally in my pocket several times  ... dont think they were too impressed in Heathrow departure lounge !! ... Just a Shame I didn't manage to bump into Michael or Emily .... My plan was to ask about Elton John on the hat and whilst dazzled get some info out of them ....

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So where do people think Supergrass will play at Glastonbury?

tricky one to place, I think. Other, subbing? Park, headlinging, or a mid afternoon Pyramid slot. Hard to see how much demand for them there is, very fondly remembered by some, but far from a huge draw, I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

tricky one to place, I think. Other, subbing? Park, headlinging, or a mid afternoon Pyramid slot. Hard to see how much demand for them there is, very fondly remembered by some, but far from a huge draw, I reckon.

Weird fit for Park though. John Peel headline or evening Other. Other opener would work too, right?

and it seems to have form for 'are they big? not really sure, been around for a bit, possibly been away for a bit, sort of well known crowd pleasers but not for the young folk' bands

Flaming Lips

Super Furries

I'd put Supergrass in the same category as those two, who've both been fairly recent Park headliners

But y'know, fuck knows really.

I was thinking Park or JP headliners but they could crop up almost anywhere, Other openers, Pyramid daytime?

Absolutely no idea on the demand to see them, it was pretty much an open secret they were playing Pilton Party and that doesn't seem to have sold well this year but is that more to do with Wolf Alice not being as big as people may have thought?

3rd down on Pyramid maybe. They're an odd one to judge alright. Have the tunes but they're quite loose and take the piss a bit. Think the Park might be too small for them. Gaz played there in the afternoon in 2015 and it was fairly busy.

Wherever they play Ill be there. Chuffed they're back together. 

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

and it seems to have form for 'are they big? not really sure, been around for a bit, possibly been away for a bit, sort of well known crowd pleasers but not for the young folk' bands

Flaming Lips

Super Furries

I'd put Supergrass in the same category as those two, who've both been fairly recent Park headliners

But y'know, fuck knows really.

You make a compelling case there. Park headliner seems best to me too. I think it's forgotten years later, but at the time of their debut and singles, they were right up there with the biggest and best of Britpop. There was nothing unusual in placing them alongside Blur, Oasis and Pulp at the time.

The follow up albums were never bad exactly, but failed to have the same impact.

They've released some absolute crackers over the years, great band.

3 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I also saw Crazyfool1 (let's face it, who didn't). At times it was difficult to determine which was stage and which was hat and once, when he was lined up with the screen, it looked like Wolf Alice were actually playing in the hat.

Good effort Sir.

Thanks :) ... Just Elton John ... Bowie and Kiss collaberating at the moment ... all I could find in cheap imitation lego :)