Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

i used to post on this forum, but after having a pretty horrible time at the festival this year (glastonbury mental health thread anyone) i decided to delete my account in order to prevent any chance of me selfishly spreading any negativity and bad vibes to anyone else...

ever since the festival this year, i have had absolutely no love inside me at all for the festival - and it absolutely breaks my heart that i feel that way as Glastonbury Festival is my favourite place on earth.

anyways, the point of me signing up again, and the point of this post - is to say that i have tickets for the Pilton Party and i am so very grateful to have this opportunity to get back on the farm this year - i can't say as i really care for Wolf Alice or SupersecretsurpriseguestGrass but that is entirely irrelevant as i am really looking forward to being there, and hopefully finding some sort of redemption for the mess i made for myself in June.

blessings and love

Jah Rastafari.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

i used to post on this forum, but after having a pretty horrible time at the festival this year (glastonbury mental health thread anyone) i decided to delete my account in order to prevent any chance of me selfishly spreading any negativity and bad vibes to anyone else...

ever since the festival this year, i have had absolutely no love inside me at all for the festival - and it absolutely breaks my heart that i feel that way as Glastonbury Festival is my favourite place on earth.

anyways, the point of me signing up again, and the point of this post - is to say that i have tickets for the Pilton Party and i am so very grateful to have this opportunity to get back on the farm this year - i can't say as i really care for Wolf Alice or SupersecretsurpriseguestGrass but that is entirely irrelevant as i am really looking forward to being there, and hopefully finding some sort of redemption for the mess i made for myself in June.

blessings and love

Jah Rastafari.

Enjoy and I hope you regain the love for the place ... if you've read the thread you mentioned its a good place to express your feelings and not all positive ... the festival can be a rollercoaster of emotions and thats from someone who sticks to legal stuff ... but expectations cant always be met ... if you see someone with a pyramid stage hat on dont be shy in saying hello if you fancy a pint :) 

42 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

blessings and love

Jah Rastafari.

Hope you have a great time pal.

Any taxi company recommendations for picking up afterwards?

I missed my first Glastonbury since 2003 this year because my daughter celebrated her first birthday on Glastonbury Friday. It was bittersweet and I missed Glastonbury incredibly.

My birthday is 10th September so my wife had surprised me with a ticket to the gig and a local hotel nearby where she'll leave me to enjoy worthy farm. And I'm a huge Supergrass fan. We plan to venture to worthy farm so I can show my daughter the delights 

I burst into tears when she surprised me with the ticket. Cant wait!!!

4 hours ago, Stone_Love said:

Any taxi company recommendations for picking up afterwards?

I missed my first Glastonbury since 2003 this year because my daughter celebrated her first birthday on Glastonbury Friday. It was bittersweet and I missed Glastonbury incredibly.

My birthday is 10th September so my wife had surprised me with a ticket to the gig and a local hotel nearby where she'll leave me to enjoy worthy farm. And I'm a huge Supergrass fan. We plan to venture to worthy farm so I can show my daughter the delights 

I burst into tears when she surprised me with the ticket. Cant wait!!!

There is a free shuttle bus to Shepton and Glastonbury if that helps.

36 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is the bus both ways, ie to and from the site? 

By the way, hope they open up a long drop, wouldn’t be the same without clanging doors. 

Bus back to town only. You'll need to make your own way there.

I'd fully expect longdrops as they are usually there. May not clang tho with the new damper technology that was employed this year. I'm sure you could still give the door a good slam for old times sake tho ?

45 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Bus back to town only. You'll need to make your own way there.

I'd fully expect longdrops as they are usually there. May not clang tho with the new damper technology that was employed this year. I'm sure you could still give the door a good slam for old times sake tho ?

Ta, staying in the town and will probably just drive and use the car park.

Silent long drops, whatever will they think of next. Didn’t notice them this year, were clanging away merrily wherever I went. 

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta, staying in the town and will probably just drive and use the car park.

Silent long drops, whatever will they think of next. Didn’t notice them this year, were clanging away merrily wherever I went. 

Could always leave the car at the farm, get the bus back and and collect the car the next day. 

I did once walk back from Pilton to Glastonbury town after the party. God knows why, it a long way when you are pissed and zig zagging down the road. 

I was sober by the time I got home tho although it was daylight!

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is the bus both ways, ie to and from the site? 

By the way, hope they open up a long drop, wouldn’t be the same without clanging doors. 

Long drops are up already.

For obvious reasons I've never used the shuttle bus. I just saw it on the email sent out from Glastonbury (desperate to sell tickets)